Has Anyone Been to Walter Humphrey?

Walter Umphrey pier is pretty wasted.  No fishing there for a while.  Besides, the construction company that's building the new causeway bridge has taken over that entire section, including the parking lot, and they have eliminiated the ramp on the South side of the causeway.  The North ramp is still accessible though.

new causeway bridge? How big and what type?

It's a big overpass type bridge. with a hump in the middle. I don't know what you call it, but it will be pretty tall.

gonna miss the draw bridge......not many left

I like the drawbridge too, but just imagine the mainenance and manpower dollars spent over the past 40 or so years to keep it running 24/7.  You could have bought 3 real bridges (just guessing).

I like the drawbridge too, but just imagine the mainenance and manpower dollars spent over the past 40 or so years to keep it running 24/7.  You could have bought 3 real bridges (just guessing).

They didn't run it 24/7 but the point is well taken.

I know it didn't, but the operator was available by hailing him on ch13.  You just had to give him ample notice.

Yeah. The signs said they needed a 24 hour notice but I guess if he could come, he would. The guy that ran it lived in Louisiana but worked for TexDOT.

new causeway bridge? How big and what type?

It's a big overpass type bridge. with a hump in the middle. I don't know what you call it, but it will be pretty tall.

gonna miss the draw bridge......not many left

Their everywhere in S La, I sure don't miss the 1 between Winnie n High Island>>especially this time of yr. ...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder