What happened to Johnny Dishon

Johnny was named player of the week in the South Division. 

This is the hidden content, please
29, 2009

Players of the Week

Players of the Week

North Player: Greg Hopkins, Haymarket. The Valley's leading hitter, Hopkins continued his strong summer by hitting an even .500 with 15 hits in 30 at-bats in eight games last week. Hopkins had two doubles, two home runs and seven runs batted in.

North Pitcher: Kyle Putnam, Fauquier. Putnam allowed just one run on three hits while striking out nine in a 6-1 win over New Market on June 27. For the season, Putnam is 2-0 with a 1.19 ERA.

Central Player: Kenny Mickens, New Market. Mickens led the league in hitting this past week, going 14 for 26 (.538) and driving in five runs. In addition, he had a co-league-high four doubles.

Central Pitcher: Heith Hatfield, Woodstock. Hatfield tossed a complete game shutout against Rockbridge on June 24, striking out 10 and allowing just three hits and one walk. He is 1-1 on the summer with a 2.08 ERA.

South Player: John Dishon, Staunton. Dishon hit .400 for the week with 10 hits in 25 at-bats. Three of his hits were doubles and he also drove in eight.

South Pitcher: Ricky Marshall, Waynesboro. Marshall combined with two other Generals pitchers to shutout Rockbridge 4-0 Sunday evening. Marshall threw the first seven innings of the victory, striking out seven and scattering six hits.

Guest Orangeboy

just might do that. Headed up that way next week. ;)

Can I go ?  ;)

If you dont mind being strapped to the luggage rack. Got 3 car seats. Then again maybe we could strap those car seats to the luggage rack.  ;D Looked at the shedule and I think it will work out where I'll get to see him play. Looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

Got to see Johnny last week. Stayed in Staunton to watch him play. Went out to the park to watch him take BP. Game time was 7:30, Right at game time a heavy shower came in from just over the mountain and poured for about 20 minutes. Raining the game out. He said he is really enjoying himself up there and is enjoying experiencing some new things. He is living on a farm about 10 minutes from town. He is also looking forward to competing for one of the OF spots next year. Best of luck to Johnny and the Tigers next year. Really a great young man.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ranger83

Just saw that Johnny is listed on the Pro Crosschecker Top 300 Daft choices for next years MLB draft. (#201 if I remember correctly).

Jacob Felts (Orangefield HS) was also on that list. (#221 I think)

• 1 month later...
[quote name="LHP12" post="701917" timestamp="1257725456"]
[quote author=RedBird5 link=topic=56464.msg701849#msg701849 date=1257720560]
He should come to Beaumont and play football and baseball for the Cardinals.
[/quote]

Wouldn't be a bad idea for johnny.... ;)
[/quote]

just depends if he starts this year or not.

[quote name="RedBird5" post="702057" timestamp="1257732449"]
I don't see him starting this year, there's so much talent and depht at LSU right now.
[/quote]

Last time I talked to him he's one of the 4 fighting for the 3 spots. I like his chances. Who knows though. Red and white would certainly welcome him with open arms.

• 3 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder