UT/Arizona St Game Thread HORNS WIN 10-6!!!

For the record as an LSU fan I never talked crap on TU's hitting abilities Im actually for the first time in my life pulling for them to keep winning so the real trash talk can start up next week  ;)

Joes, also for the record, I didn't call anyone out on this one. They know who they are. Texas is my team and I totally respect LSU. One more win for each and we (UT/LSU) play 3 games for the title, correct?

Guest JoesBros

Correct......Also for the record I had a HUGE UT fan sitting on my couch last night admitting to me that LSU should win it all.......But lets just wait and see that's why they play the games. :)

For the record as an LSU fan I never talked crap on TU's hitting abilities Im actually for the first time in my life pulling for them to keep winning so the real trash talk can start up next week  ;)

Joes, also for the record, I didn't call anyone out on this one. They know who they are. Texas is my team and I totally respect LSU. One more win for each and we (UT/LSU) play 3 games for the title, correct?

I had my crow as soon as I got to work (I posted above).  Texas can hit better than I gave them credit for.  Rupp needed to redeem himself for those runs he allowed.  How did he miss that pitchout?

Maybe all of you LSU fans were correct and Texas isn't as good as most if not all of the teams there. Remember the best team doesn't always win.  ;D

BBDad why didn't you answer your phone last night?

Because I didn't want to listen to your mouth.  I knew where you had been all evening. ;D

They were dang sure better than ASU last night.

I had my crow as soon as I got to work (I posted above).  Texas can hit better than I gave them credit for.  Rupp needed to redeem himself for those runs he allowed.  How did he miss that pitchout?

I saw that. It takes a big man to eat his crow. The thing is, Texas hits the ball much better than a lot of people give them credit. You don't score 94 runs in the last 12 games with just small ball. Texas has been hitting a few HRs, doubles, singles, bunting people over, walking, doing everything it take to produce runs. Just because we are not a 5HR per game team, doesn't mean we are not effective with our play. I would like to see the LOB stat for Texas vs. ASU. My paper doesn't have it.

Texas also tagged Leake, the 2nd best pitcher in the country, for 6 hits and 6 earned runs. Like I have said before, whatever it take to win is what I like, whether it suits someone else's taste or not.

You are correct about the missed pitchout. I could not believe it......think that's when I broke the TV remote.  ;)

Obviously I am not a UT fan but I can admit when I am wrong.  I have watched Texas play several times this year and I always felt like I was watching a dang softball game with all the bunting (maybe it was just Disch Falk Field with that huge longhorn logo in center field).  I am just not a fan of small ball...yes it works...but it is boring...and to me it shows little confidence in your hitters (that's just my opinion).

You guys left 12 on base and ASU left 10 on base.  I am not sure if you have already seen this bracket but it is pretty cool.

This is the hidden content, please

Well small ball or long ball does not matter, it's the "W" that matters, everyone talks about the LSU power game but here is a good stat for you, LSU has scored 18 runs in 2 games and Texas 17.

By the way how about the 6'6 freshman from Texas with 2 wins already in the CWS.

Obviously I am not a UT fan but I can admit when I am wrong.  I have watched Texas play several times this year and I always felt like I was watching a dang softball game with all the bunting (maybe it was just Disch Falk Field with that huge longhorn logo in center field).  I am just not a fan of small ball...yes it works...but it is boring...and to me it shows little confidence in your hitters (that's just my opinion).

You guys left 12 on base and ASU left 10 on base.  I am not sure if you have already seen this bracket but it is pretty cool.

This is the hidden content, please

Yeah, I posted that bracket on another thread, but it is updated since that time.

Rather than having small ball not showing confidence in your hitters, I believe it shows confidence in your pitching. Just trying to generate one or two runs for your pitchers not only relaxes them, but it also shows that your coaches know they can get the job done. Sorry you think it is boring. It is more calculating for me.....make the other guy think.

You're not a UT fan?

Well small ball or long ball does not matter, it's the "W" that matters, everyone talks about the LSU power game but here is a good stat for you, LSU has scored 18 runs in 2 games and Texas 17.

By the way how about the 6'6 freshman from Texas with 2 wins already in the CWS.

Jungmann is the real deal. His delivery and mechanics are so smooth and loose....looks like he's just warming up when throwing the 92-94 fastball. I agree w/ the announcers last night that he very likely could be a #1 pick or 1st round pick after his junior year.

HOOK EM HORNS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder