• Dayton
    • Galena Park
    • Goose Creek Memorial
    • North forest

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Crosby to finish on top here, then Dayton, and BH in the top (3). With the loss of Cody Green, AJ Dugat, and Cameron LaCour, there are too many big shoes for Dayton to fill for them to even be close to the same caliber of team. Crosby has a proven QB and solid defense. CE King will get the last playoff spot....(4 teams in the playoffs, man I still can't agree with that).....

. Crosby seems to be the front runner with Dayton second and then BH.]Now it always seems that Crosby chokes when playing Dayton ;D

Saying Crosby chokes when playing Dayton is a bit of a misrepresentation.  More like lays down and waits for the clock to run out.  I can't even remember the last time it was close when these two played.... Maybe 99 when Crosby last beat Dayton....That was a close one I think

Saying Crosby chokes when playing Dayton is a bit of a misrepresentation.  More like lays down and waits for the clock to run out.  I can't even remember the last time it was close when these two played.... Maybe 99 when Crosby last beat Dayton....That was a close one I think

'05 was a fairly close one I believe ... 10 pts or so.

Overall Dayton vs Crosby record is 29-14, according to WOS87's historical info.

Dayton Crosby

29 14

1923 42 0

1935 13 0

1936 37 6

1937 20 6

1938 13 0

1941 48 0

1948 0 7

1949 12 0

1950 25 7

1951 21 0

1952 28 7

1953 0 25

1954 0 15

1955 0 14

1956 6 0

1961 8 26

1966 22 8

1967 12 7

1968 14 14

1969 12 6

1970 22 8

1978 6 35

1979 0 26

1980 6 18

1981 13 12

1982 0 41

1983 22 14

1984 12 31

1985 8 3

1986 13 14

1987 8 42

1990 6 34

1991 29 13

1998 35 14

1999 21 31

2000 24 21

2001 31 0

2002 49 14

2003 35 20

2004 36 17

2005 21 3

2006 35 0

2007 49 7

2008 49 14

Totals 863 580

They say Defense wins championships.You just never know how well and quick the atheletes (underclassmen) will perform.Looks like on the defensive side the Broncos have lots of starters w/deep playoff exp.and should be possibly one of the best ever.I will tend to BELIEVE holes will be filled pretty well by the start of District play.I think we will see a more running type Bronco attack than last years squad.Defense should keep the purple/white in pretty good field position.About the kicking game any heads-up on the young Carranco kicker?As for Crosby-same as last few years where Dayton Defense stopped them alot from scoring.Should Delasbour have a real good year in 09 look out the next 2 years (Sophomore)this year.Loads of talent in DA House at DHS moving up.Winning traditions keep bringing in the talent.Remember last year 08 younger players got quality time in alot of lopsided victories.We did not get to see alot more scoring as starters got some sideline time.Broncos in 08 had between 7-14 less seniors than almost every team they faced in their playoff run.

Broncos go undefeated into the 09 playoffs.Beaumont Prize gives them coverage on Sat.mornings.Liberty County comes out in force to follow Dayton's 09 ride and sets new attendance records.Now there is a prediction to chew on.

Guest 2010.doing.it.again

Yall know the people that get mad about reading the nonsence in here,well im for sure to be one of them..Crosby giving us a challenge?? Yeah if you sell your soul to the devil..with that still hardly this is a JV district the only physical team was CE King and we hit them in the lip all night..&& this year by year stuff has got to stop,,we are based on 10 years of work,,this team that you see today was built from the teams in the past and just like them we will not lose to crosby..Dayton is first in this dis. && i dont care whos next..

Not play??grow up...How els will we shut every1 ^...

Dayton is 1st in this district..overconfident,,never we play week by week the same film && practice for every team.

Me grow up...lol... thats a joke, your a wet behind the ear kid , and I'd hate for you boys to waste you time playing thes "JV" teams, those are your words... Friendswood will give you guys adose of reality early in the season "AGAIN".... Lets play the games before you award Dayton 1st place in anything.

So we aint going to win district because a non district team might give us a run 4 our $$..

&& giving us the trophy was all u bud..

after our game 10 (LBJ) we can finish this conv.

Me grow up...lol... thats a joke, your a wet behind the ear kid , and I'd hate for you boys to waste you time playing thes "JV" teams, those are your words... Friendswood will give you guys adose of reality early in the season "AGAIN".... Lets play the games before you award Dayton 1st place in anything.

All you talk about is fw, how about bh, what have yall done.  we cant beat you in basketball but michael jordan can. your too funny

"Texans" who put basketball in this??dayton aint that good at basketball..i think the hill beat us twice anyhow..

This love triangle between Crosby, Dayton and BH is what I am talking about. With no more kids in high school this district will fun to watch. Cannot wait.............. ;D

;D If this site had been around back in the day when the Hill was great there would have been posting like PNG-NED.fans do.Broncos got themselves a winner in Stewart and since oh well ya'll know the story.Then Dayton got moved into 20-4A for 2 years and some Daytonites were heard saying how could we win over in such a strong evenly matched bunch of opponents-The answer is and was hard work ethics and determination along w/recognizing the talent pool and putting the right people in the right places.Broncos cannot boast of a state chamionship yet but that is the present goal the boys are working toward.If you put up over 1,000 pts. in last 2 years your headed in the right direction.

;D If this site had been around back in the day when the Hill was great there would have been posting like PNG-NED.fans do.Broncos got themselves a winner in Stewart and since oh well ya'll know the story.Then Dayton got moved into 20-4A for 2 years and some Daytonites were heard saying how could we win over in such a strong evenly matched bunch of opponents-The answer is and was hard work ethics and determination along w/recognizing the talent pool and putting the right people in the right places.Broncos cannot boast of a state chamionship yet but that is the present goal the boys are working toward.If you put up over 1,000 pts. in last 2 years your headed in the right direction.

And all of GODS children says Amen.  8)

But the two that put up 960 of those points have moved on  ;D

Just playing Dayton is the top of this district untill de crowned! BH may be able to do this in a couple of years, but for this year the Eagles have to get back to the playoffs! BH needs a STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)There now is a well spoken comment about a great coach,but he is all smiles as the underclass teams are loaded w/talent and Stewart will develop them along.Defense should be salty giving younger players some quality playing time just like last years team.Dayton looks real good for several more years with size and speed.We do still have to wait and see as the Broncos will srimmage #1 state pre-season West -Orange Stark-08 playoff contender Lumberton-Friendswood @ Dayton right out the gate.

Guest Ranger83

This love triangle between Crosby, Dayton and BH is what I am talking about. With no more kids in high school this district will fun to watch. Cannot wait.............. ;D

Ya'll keep looking past the Goose. I assure you they will "compete" this year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics