• Burkville
    • Chester
    • Colmesneil
    • Evadle
    • High Island
    • H-D
    • West Hardin
    • Sabine Pass

I hope you do have a more team orientated off. this year and if so it will be a change from last year. WH was a one man team and that made them easy to stop. But I think Copeland's dad was a coach and he was going to make sure the kid shined. Don't blame him , the kid was a good player and he deserved to go play collage ball. Deff. looking forward to the WH and Evadale game this that will prob. be for the dist. Don't see HD replacing the QB this year. Did not see the JV QB impress this year.

You are wrong on that one!  I know his dad & step-dad, talked to them at almost every game, NOT COACHES! 

You are right about him being a good player, I don't dispute that.  I pass the blame off onto the coaching staff for focusing too much on him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you closet coaches enlighten everyone on how you would have done hings differently.  You sound just like the democraps, always disagreeing and never offering alternatives.  How would your offense have been different with the same kids? From what I saw on signing day, I believe that Copeland is going to a college on scholarship.  Wasn't he also on the basketball team?  How was he used there?

Why don't you closet coaches enlighten everyone on how you would have done hings differently.  You sound just like the democraps, always disagreeing and never offering alternatives.  How would your offense have been different with the same kids? From what I saw on signing day, I believe that Copeland is going to a college on scholarship.  Wasn't he also on the basketball team?  How was he used there?

Ok, if you ask, I would not have changed the offensive scheme.  I would not have gone to the spread offense, I would have liked to see a more balanced offense.  Such as, at least one Tight End, 2 or 3 WR's & 1 or 2 RB's.  Changing up your play calling when your main offensive weapon is getting his rear end handed to him, such as in the Evadale & HD games.  Evadale did a super job at containing Copeland and we did nothing to change it up.  We have really good coaches and I like them very much, but you have to be flexible in the heat of a battle.

Some of you women on here are reading into things the wrong way, I never blamed anything on Copeland.  He is a heck of an athelete & person, always respectful and grateful.  My above statement is all I've been trying to say this whole time.  I'm West Hardin through & through, I can admit when my team does something horrible just like when they do something great.  I WILL NEVER TALK BAD ABOUT A STUDENT/ATHELETE.  My comments are always going to be pointed at the team as a whole, that's Coaches & Players alike!

Yes, he played basketball too.  My opinion, he should have taken a basketball ride in college instead of football, but that was his and his families choice.  Good for him & good luck!

Good reply, Joharr.  How about you now Joebdun?

Sorry I cant reply to how I would have done things differently with WH . I only saw them play one game and that was when Evadale beat them like a drum. Just looked to me that they put all there eggs in one basket and when that did not work there was no plan B. Cant say what I would have done I dont know what or who else they had. Maybe they did not have anything else And if that was so dont look for them to beat any one this year. But if they did have more talent and just did not use it, not good coaching in my book. Will just have to Wait and see how things go this year. Still dont see anyone beating the Rebels in this Dis. this year. They just have to much talent not to win this year and in my opp. the next two years. There biggest class will be Jr this year and they have won a lot of games since 8 grade.

the Gilmore kid really didn't impress me when i saw him play. In my openion HD is the 3rd best team in the district behind Evadale and at this point slightly behind WH unless some kids really improve this off-season. HD has to many people to replace and no one on their team can replace that big runningback/linebacker they had.

What are you smoking? H-D 3rd best !!! You do know we are talking about football? First of all Evadale lost way more players than H-D. And West Hardin lost their over rated QB, that H-D just killed last season in that blowout win vs the oilers. Also sorry you were not impressed by our awesome sophmore last year, that recorded over 100 tackles and ran over everyone in district. Just remember the name KEITH GILMORE !!!

i cant say i remember gilmore running over evadale or any back yall had for that matter?? and i have film in hand so please enlighten me on what you saw :-\

I think itll be hard for evadale to repeat because teams like WH and H-D are gonna be hungry to beat em. I know i would love to beat Evadale, everytime i see one of their players they talk trash about how they beat us so bad.

Hate to hear that, Evadale is usually a fairly classy team.  If I get wind of players mouthing and not letting their game do the talking, we'll have a soul-searching meeting.

the Gilmore kid really didn't impress me when i saw him play. In my openion HD is the 3rd best team in the district behind Evadale and at this point slightly behind WH unless some kids really improve this off-season. HD has to many people to replace and no one on their team can replace that big runningback/linebacker they had.

What are you smoking? H-D 3rd best !!! You do know we are talking about football? First of all Evadale lost way more players than H-D. And West Hardin lost their over rated QB, that H-D just killed last season in that blowout win vs the oilers. Also sorry you were not impressed by our awesome sophmore last year, that recorded over 100 tackles and ran over everyone in district. Just remember the name KEITH GILMORE !!!

i cant say i remember gilmore running over evadale or any back yall had for that matter?? and i have film in hand so please enlighten me on what you saw :-\

I have watched the film again and still looking for the kid running over Evadale and I cant find him, Looks to me like Evadale had that game under control from the kick off and didn't see anyone running over anyone. Except for the Rebels Def line running over H-D Off line. They were in the backfield more than H-D QB. ;D ;D

Guest curtissimo

i dont recall that either Nappytime, at least not from where i was standin and i was standin pretty close.

and Evadale players dont talk trash to other teams faces bout how bad we beat them.

lol i prolly shouldnt say they "talk trash", i really meant to say a few of em just like to give me a hardtime lol...

Dude nobody cares about those records they have 0 effect on this years game

DUDE take your butt over to a tennis thread or forum. We football lovers like tradition.

Imagine that!  The Miami Dolphins are still holding onto their undefeated season, when was that, oh yeah back in the 70's.  How's that tradition holding up for them since then?  Lots of so-so seasons!  ;D

Dude nobody cares about those records they have 0 effect on this years game

DUDE take your butt over to a tennis thread or forum. We football lovers like tradition.

Imagine that!  The Miami Dolphins are still holding onto their undefeated season, when was that, oh yeah back in the 70's.  How's that tradition holding up for them since then?  Lots of so-so seasons!   ;D

Living in the pass is for people that is scared of the futher. People still calling the Dallas Cowboys  American team When they haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. Does that make America losers?? 55 get use to it Grandpaw ant playing anymore These Rebels won last year and the same kids will win the next 2 years and maybe 3. See you at the games

Bottom line, in my opinion, HD is always tough(no doubt), WH usually has several good athletes to make a difference in a game (last year seemed to be a 1 man band, not sure why) and Coach Will at Evadale has continued to get large numbers out.  50 kids in a 1A is huge, and I really believe that will be the difference.  The Rebs have several kids coming back that can play and were loaded in the underclasses last year.  It will be some doing to oust the Rebs from the #1 seat this year, BUT, the Rebs can't just expect it to be given to em.  If they play tough...they'll be tough!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami