**Most O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D team in SETX**

PNG1992

But who is doing the overrating? I haven't seen anything that rates Lumberton as anything other than a bottom of the pack team. Not in the statewide predictions' date=' not in the coaches polls, not in fan polls, etc. Their fans are excited but so are the fans from all the teams. Most people think Central is going to win 22-4A and that is not just Jag fans but fans across the district. If they do not have a good season, they will have been overrated.

I don't see anyone jumping on the Lumberton bandwagon other than their own fans and I suspect that most of them on this board are parents of players or the players themselves. When a team's own fans think they will do well, in my opinion that is not being overrated. That is being good fans.[/quote']

Very Good Point!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

This is a hard question to answer because there are many overrated teams in SETX. Here are a few.

I had high hopes for Bridge City and nope they won't make it.

I heard a lot of hype for Silsbee and they obviously arn't the eye popping team I heard about.

I saw Nederland play and I thought they were pretty darn good, but then they flop against Vidor.

Ozen was goingt o be the team to beat, but then what....man....

Newton does not seem to be dominant this year.

Kirbyville did not exactly blow out a really bad Jasper team.

Without a doubt, last but not....well maybe they are least....would be PNG. They must be the most overrated team.

I think WOS and BH are the only undefeated teams so far, right?

This is a hard question to answer because there are many overrated teams in SETX. Here are a few.

I heard a lot of hype for Silsbee and they obviously arn't the eye popping team I heard about.

Without a doubt' date=' last but not....well maybe they are least....would be PNG. They must be the most overrated team.

[/quote']

:roll:

Silsbee has yet to hit all cylinders but is 3-1.

Newton not dominant? They barely lose to a state ranked 3A team in Carthage and barely to a solid Silsbee squad.

So you have to blow a team out? If I recall K'ville wasn't even a predistrict favorite so how can they even be overrated? They are putting themselves in a nice position.

How is PNG overated when their only loss is to the #1 4A school?

If the opinions of others mean anything, the only quality team PNG has played is the one that beat them. I am predicting they miss the playoffs this year.....for what that is worth.

K'ville never get's props. Out of the area 3A teams, they are still probably better than the others (with the exception of WOS). My point with them is Jasper is so bad they should have dominated that game.

Silsbee will make the playoffs just because the district is VERY weak. There are a lot of folks who brag about Silsbee each year and I have yet to see a Silsbee team that is not overated......Maybe I am wrong.

Newton is a good team and always is. I just don't see them as a top 3 ranked team at this point. Maybe that changes.

Guest Cherokee Nation

Who exactly has Barbers Hill played? I guess we will see this week after y'all take on a squad the Indians beat. I will say this. You should be thankful the UIL gods were smiling on y'all and put you in that district as opposed to 22-4A. We've seen how its turned out the last several years when those districts go head to head. There is a reason why Dayton appealed to the UIL and tried not to be in this district.

Guest PurplePride

:cry: That wasn't very nice! How sad! Honestly, we are ecstatic about being in a harder district as competition is fun and we do give credit where credit is due! Just have to remember...it was VERY CLOSE to us when those precious Westbrook girls got hurt/killed on the DREADED Highway 90! Not a terrific road to travel on.....THAT is what really bothered our town and county......we HATE that road anyway already...but, it is alright...we will survive and whichever team it is that has to travel on that road for games....be careful!....and keep that team in your prayers, no matter who they are! It also makes for a LONG NIGHT to kids that may have tests the next day etc....We looked at the "Big Picture" on this one...usually, only football is played on Friday nights along with Varsity Volleyball....makes a super LONG night on a school day for traveling, not only for us...but for the schools that come to our town too! That is why we appealed...and remember..our county was the first to come to the Westbrook girls aid...it was terribly sad and not one that we will soon forget until we can get a four lane highway between us instead of a two lane!

Good Luck to all teams and in the traveling team! :wink:

I have always thought highly of Dayton and when we played them (long ago) they were always tough. I am hoping that rivalry is once again seen.

As for playoffs, I hope PNG and BH makes it and we draw PNG. Two great schools and two great fan bases. BH could learn a lot from the PNG fans. BH takes that hypothetical game. :D

I had high hopes for Bridge City and nope they won't make it.

I saw Nederland play and I thought they were pretty darn good' date=' but then they flop against Vidor.

Ozen was goingt o be the team to beat, but then what....man....

Without a doubt, last but not....well maybe they are least....would be PNG. They must be the most overrated team.

I think WOS and BH are the only undefeated teams so far, right?[/quote']

So everyone, with at least one loss, is overrated. The Newton Eagles are a very good football team and they have multiple losses. The odds are, BH will not go undefeated this season. Will they be overrated when they lose?

I am not going to start a debate, but the last thing Stewart is scared of is playing in 22-4A. Stewart is much like Hooks in that he will play ANYONE. The UIL appeal was based solely on traveling issues which were confound and I would of appealed also. I would also like to add that I have seen some posters jump on the Dayton bandwagon and some not. If you go back in Stewart's history, he never has been one to put stock in pre-season games, they are treated much like scrimmages to him. Now when the real games begin, be afraid, be very afraid. Do you think it was a coincidence that the Dayton starting QB never played until the 1st district game? I've seen a Stewart coached Dayton team for several years now and nothing he does surprises me. In my opinion, he is way underrated as a coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124