19 - 4A All District Picks

Have the all district picks been announced?

I can't wait to see this list. I've heard of some of the selections and of some of the kids that were left off that were very surprising. I've heard that our District MVP came from the 4th place team. That seems a little unusual? ??? ???

Guest Ranger83

I can't wait to see this list. I've heard of some of the selections and of some of the kids that were left off that were very surprising. I've heard that our District MVP came from the 4th place team. That seems a little unusual? ??? ???

Actually Co-MVP's.

Actually Co-MVP's.

I heard we co-mvps from the 3rd and 4th place teams. I have never heard of that ever. This one STINKS BIG TIME

Guest Ranger83

Actually Co-MVP's.

I heard we co-mvps from the 3rd and 4th place teams. I have never heard of that ever. This one STINKS BIG TIME

The list is very strange in that the MVP's (District, offensive and defensive) are not elected as "1st Team" in their respective positions. If you are the District MVP, would you not be First Team All-District OF, for example. Maybe I just never paid too much attention to how All-District selections worked in the past.

Weird, wild stuff!

Well you can only be selected in 1 position such as MVP but not 1st team 1st baseman. It is just how the system works. If someone is MVP offensively, defensively or district they would have been 1st team at their respective position just don't work that way though.

MVP's are a higher honor thand 1st team all district. Just as 1st team all district is higher than second team. No reason to give someone an MVP and a first team all district.

No new news there. With that said, how do district co-MVPS come from the 3rd and 4th place teams.....I can't speak for Kingwood Park ( didn't follow them that closely ) but BH pitcher and left-fielder certainly should've been considered. Makes no sense to me.....but what do I know.  ;)

District 19-4A honor team has BH flavor

By Jerry Michalsky

Contributor 

Published May 27, 2009 - Updated 37 minutes ago

The Barbers Hill Eagles finished the regular season as the co-champs of District 19-4A and advanced to the second round of the playoffs before falling to Brenham 3-2.

Last week, the District 19-4A All-District team was announced and the Eagles’ excellence was acknowledged with eight players being on the first, second, and honorable mention teams.

Barbers Hill senior shortstop Tony Carmona grabbed the co-defensive MVP award along with Crosby sophomore pitcher Jeremy Gabryszwski.

Joining Carmona on the first team were Eagle teammates Jay Burditt and Colby Henscey.

Burditt, who was named as a pitcher, finished district with a 4-1 record on the mound and 6-1 on the season with a 1.09 earned run average.

Henscey was selected to the outfield after finishing with a .356 batting average to go along with 10 home runs.

The Cougars’ Caleb Mangum finished as Co-MVP of district with a .452 batting average. C.E. King’s Elijah Short shared the honors with Mangum. Tyler Nichols of Kingwood Park finished as the offensive MVP.

Crosby landed first baseman Ben Skinner on the first team with a .464 batting average along with third baseman Sam Malchar and outfielder Cori Langley. Malchar finished with a .324 average and Langley hit at a .410 pace.

Goose Creek Memorial catcher Brandon Rhoden was named newcomer of the year with a .421 batting average. Pitcher Cody Butler also made the first team for the Patriots.

Garrett Cates of C.E. King grabbed the coach of the year award.

On the second team the Eagles landed Heath Padgett, Tyler Lyday, and Jake Ponder. Crosby placed Frank Rangel and James Rachel. The Patriots’ Price Jacobs also was a second teamer.

19-4A All-District

Co-MVP: Elijah Short, Senior, C.E. King; Caleb Mangum, Kingwood Park

Co-Defensive MVP: Tony Carmona, Senior, Barbers Hill; Jeremy Gabryszwski, Sophomore, Crosby

Newcomer of the year: Brandon Rhoden, Sophomore, Goose Creek Memorial

Coach of the year: Garrett Cates, C.E. King

First team

Pitcher: Austin Salter, Junior, Kingwood Park; Jay Burditt, Barbers Hill, Senior; Cody Butler, Memorial, Junior; Frank Smesny, Dayton, Senior

Catcher: Andrew Cole, C.E. King, Junior

1st Base: Ben Skinner, Crosby, Senior

2nd Base: Albert Rios, Galena Park, Sophomore

Shortstop: Henry Davidson, Galena Park, Senior

3rd Base: Tie: Gabriel DeSantiago, Galena Park, Junior; Sam Malchar, Crosby, Senior

Outfield: Kyle Ebow, Kingwood Park, Junior; Outfield: Colby Henscey, Barbers Hill, Senior; Outfield: Matthew Deleon, Galena Park, Senior; Outfield: Cory Langley, Crosby, Junior

Utility D/H: Kyle Crabtree, Kingwood Park, Sophomore

Second Team

Pitcher: Efren Garcia, Galena Park, Sophomore

Pitcher: Mike Walters, Dayton, Senior

Catcher: Frank Rangel, Crosby, Senior

1st Base: Sam Gee, Kingwood Park, Sophomore

2nd Base: Trevor Robertson, C.E. King, Junior

Shortstop: Ronald Herbert, North Forest, Senior

3rd Base: Pat Richardson, North Forest, Sophomore

Outfield: Heath Padgett, Barbers Hill, Senior; James Rachel, Crosby, Junior; Anthony Purcell, Galena Park, Junior; Cameron Crappo, Dayton, Junior; Price Jacobs, Goose Creek Memorial, Sophomore;

Utility D/H: Tyler Lyday, Barbers Hill, Junior; Jake Ponder, Barbers Hill, Senior

Honorable Mention

Alex Rocha, Barbers Hill, Senior; Cody Clifton, Barbers Hill, Senior; Anthony Prejean, C.E. King, Senior; Ryan Layton, C.E. King, Senior; Jorge Herrera, Galena Park, Sophomore; Raul Guerra, Galena Park, Sophomore; Philip Keyes, Kingwood Park, Junior; Sam May, Kingwood Park, Sophomore; Colter Grotte, Dayton, Senior; Zach Crowder, Dayton, Senior; Roderick Williamson, North Forest, Junior; Jesse Perez, North Forest, Senior; Cade Ramirez, Crosby, Senior; Cody Ressler, Crosby, Junior

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Ranger83

Congrats Price Jacobs, Scrapper alumni ;D

Scrapper Sunday! 

We need to get a Scrappers' Reunion party together before all these boys graduate!

Congrats Price Jacobs, Scrapper alumni ;D

Scrapper Sunday! 

We need to get a Scrappers' Reunion party together before all these boys graduate!

Great job Price, Go Scrappers!  Lets start planning it now...It'll be here before you know it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83