From Inside PNG's Pressbox

Sitting at the Spring Game Friday night, I couldn't help but notice how "massive" the PressBox is......its huge!  There were some guys from a neighbor school there that kept saying over and over that The Reservation looked like and had the atmosphere of a college stadium.  I'm very proud of PNG......very proud!

PNG.........HONOR>>>>>>>>PRIDE>>>>>>>>>>TRADITION>>>>>>>>>>>PRICELESS!

You guys need to get out of Southeast Texas more....It is nice and definitely the nicest in the Triangle......Just drive down the road a little and check out the Berry Center in the Cy-Fair district.....or drive up to the Metroplex and check out some of those stadiums......I am glad to see at least one school trying to keep up.....sorry, two schools, forgot about Hardin......

True, but most SETX school districts don't have the resources to keep up with districts like Cypress Fairbanks. The only ones I can think of that might even remotely be somewhere in the area would be Port Arthur, Port Neches-Groves, Beaumont, and Nederland. Cypress Fairbanks and its neighboring districts have large constituencies with a lot of commercial and industrial revenue. Most of our districts don't have that, as well as most non-urban districts. Consequently, we progress at a slower rate and end up falling behind.

Cy Fair ISD either almost 100,000 students or close to it with about 8 high schools. Most districts around here are under 10,000 with one high school. We do pretty good with what we have, and it is what it is.  Those districts might go bankrupt before long :D

10 high schools in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Cy-Fair

Cypress Creek 

Cypress Falls 

Cypress Lakes 

Cypress Ranch 

Cypress Ridge 

Cypress Springs

Cypress Woods 

Jersey Village

Langham Creek

All 5A if I'm not mistaken.... I'd say they oughtta be able to afford a nice stadium or two.

Guest tigersvoice

Cy Fair ISD either almost 100,000 students or close to it with about 8 high schools. Most districts around here are under 10,000 with one high school. We do pretty good with what we have, and it is what it is.  Those districts might go bankrupt before long :D

10 high schools in Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Cy-Fair

Cypress Creek   

Cypress Falls   

Cypress Lakes   

Cypress Ranch 

Cypress Ridge 

Cypress Springs

Cypress Woods 

Jersey Village

Langham Creek

All 5A if I'm not mistaken.... I'd say they oughtta be able to afford a nice stadium or two.

And my mighty Eagle Lake Eagles played Cypress-Fairbanks when there was only one Cy-Fair high school and it was Class A.  The same goes for Katy when they had only one high school and it was Class A.  Those were simpler and IMO, BETTER, times.

Oh yeah....I forgot that SETexas is short on industry....lol.....There is plenty of money down there to do whatever is important.....Arp (I know not a metro plex school) has ZERO industry....great stadium and facilities.....hmmmm....Alvarado, Forney, Ferris, Ennis, Cisco, Celina, Gilmer, Gladewater, and the list goes on......

Oh yeah....I forgot that SETexas is short on industry....lol.....There is plenty of money down there to do whatever is important.....Arp (I know not a metro plex school) has ZERO industry....great stadium and facilities.....hmmmm....Alvarado, Forney, Ferris, Ennis, Cisco, Celina, Gilmer, Gladewater, and the list goes on......

Alot of the preliminary work done at our stadium and our schools was done based on donation from the local industry. We couldn't afford it because the state takes $18 Million away from us each year, so the industry paid for it with additional money (meaning more than they already give us through taxes). Many of the schools that you mentioned are beneficiaries of "Robin Hood," which is why they have such great facilities. Meanwhile, schools like PN-G get the short end of the stick.

That is not how Robinhood works my friend.  That has always been the argument by schools that are short on facailities.  All those schools have new and improved stadiums because they passed bonds to build them.  The community supported the bond and voted for it.  Tax money that is tied up in facilities does not count in the Robinhood formula.  If a school wants to build a new facility, float a bond and get after it......By the way, Robinhood money cannot be spent on I&S accounts.  It is for M&O.

That is not how Robinhood works my friend.  That has always been the argument by schools that are short on facailities.  All those schools have new and improved stadiums because they passed bonds to build them.  The community supported the bond and voted for it.  Tax money that is tied up in facilities does not count in the Robinhood formula.  If a school wants to build a new facility, float a bond and get after it......By the way, Robinhood money cannot be spent on I&S accounts.  It is for M&O.

The "Robin Hood" money itself may not be used to build the new facilities, but it serves as a replacement for the locally-acquired money that the district was using to cover those expenditures, money that can be diverted elsewhere, such as bonds and upgrades.

Unless Celina built some big fancy stadium in the last year, they don't have nice stadium. I was there last year and it's a typical 3A stadium. They're football team is great, but the school and stadium isn't great. Don't know about the others.

Guest pirates

:D 8) Nice, Kitchen and all.

Hey, Vidor only has one thing to brag about and that is the food in the press box. Please, Please, Please don't take that away. lol

All joking aside, great looking facility.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476