State Champions?

Guest Ranger83

Guest Ranger83

Now that the brackets are almost set, list your State Champion for each classification.

5A- Klein Collins

4A- Corpus Christi Calallen

3A- Bridge City

2A- ?

1A- ?

Guest beat-em_deep

Now that the brackets are almost set, list your State Champion for each classification.

5A- Klein

3A- Bridge City

2A- ?

1A- ?

5A Klein

4A Corpus Christi Calallen

3A Bridge City

2A Buna ;)

1A Evadale

ha this would be awesome!!!!

5A- Bellaire  (24-1) THSBCA #1

4A- Ft. Worth Southwest  (21-1) THSBCA #8

3A- Spring Hill  (23-1)  THSBCA #2 (BC goes far)

2A- Rogers  (20-2)  THSBCA #2  (Buna will go far though)

1A- Carlisle  (22-0)  THSBCA #1  (Good Luck Evadale)

Maud and Carlisle will be a great match-up in round 3 if both get there.  But Carlisle had better not look past Simms.  If Simms wins their opening round game and gets to Carlisle, in a one game playoff it could get interesting.  Same thing holds true for Maud.  In one game, anything can happen.

I don't know about Buna going far....Shelbyville with Estes on the mound is tough!!!!!! He brings it mid to high 80's, hard slider, 12-6 curve, split finger, change up, and knucke ball.  But all of those pitches is not the tough  thing about him to hit,....ALL OF THOSE PITCHES ARE FROM DIFFERENT ARM ANGLES!!!!!!

fastball (high, 3/4 and low) slider (ect.),.......tough to pick up

Now they have to play a 1 game next week, should be a good game (Clark vs Estes)

Guest Ranger83

5A- Klein

3A- Bridge City

2A- ?

1A- ?

I don't think Klein and Matthew Purke even made the playoffs...????

Poor editing on my part. I meant 13-5A champs Klien Collins, not Purke's Klien Bearkats. I'll correct my post.

5A- Klein

3A- Bridge City

2A- ?

1A- ?

I don't think Klein and Matthew Purke even made the playoffs...????

Poor editing on my part. I meant 13-5A champs Klien Collins, not Purke's Klien Bearkats. I'll correct my post.

I sure hope you are correct about Klein Collins.......friend of mine has a son on the team.  ;D

I started one like this on 3 A Down Low--with first & second choice...Lets see the difference over there, where folks are from other areas.....

5A Houston Bellaire          #2 Klein Collins

4A CC Callallen                  #2 Nederland

3A Bridge City                  #2 Cuero or Taylor

2A Buna

1A Evadale

Am I ever a homer!!    ;D

Have u seen buna's bats they are loaded top to bottom. Last year they played a central heights team who had one of the best pitchers in the state and done very well. Shelbyville better worry about clark the kid is tough and a real gamer. Buna looks real tough and are poised for another big run go BIG BLUE. 

I don't know about Buna going far....Shelbyville with Estes on the mound is tough!!!!!! He brings it mid to high 80's, hard slider, 12-6 curve, split finger, change up, and knucke ball.  But all of those pitches is not the tough  thing about him to hit,....ALL OF THOSE PITCHES ARE FROM DIFFERENT ARM ANGLES!!!!!!

Now they have to play a 1 game next week, should be a good game (Clark vs Estes)

Have u seen buna's bats they are loaded top to bottom. Last year they played a central heights team who had one of the best pitchers in the state and done very well. Shelbyville better worry about clark the kid is tough and a real gamer. Buna looks real tough and are poised for another big run go BIG BLUE. 

have see their bats many times this year and believe me...they are not that good....Any Pitching and they can't put the bat on the ball. It will be a defenseive game!!!

have see their bats many times this year and believe me...they are not that good....Any Pitching and they can't put the bat on the ball. It will be a defenseive game!!!

Hey hit man who did you play for to say that buna's bats are not good I don't know of any team in our district to throw a no hitter against us. I agree Estes is a good pitcher but not being able to hit him I don't know about that. But thank you now we realize that we can't hit estes so that mean we can't win so that means no pressure on us against a team that is far superior than us.I,m glad we didn't listen to how good Central Hieght pitcher was last year and couldn't be hit or we might of not made it so far.

I cant make a prediction on any class except 4-A and that will come down to who ever wins region 4 out of CC Moody and CC Calallan.

Both of those teams are beast and it should be a exciting series when they meet mainly cause the schools are not but maybe five to ten miles apart.

Take it easy Big Charlie hitman is just upset because kirbyville did't make the playoffs

I guess you right javelina anyway it should be a great game monday night and everyone knows that getting to austin back to back is very hard to do. But i think Buna has the young men to do that. I also hope we put a team in southeast texas in ever division in the state tournament in austin.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AREA TEAMS ON THEIR JOURNEY TO AUSTIN

Hey hit man who did you play for to say that buna's bats are not good I don't know of any team in our district to throw a no hitter against us. I agree Estes is a good pitcher but not being able to hit him I don't know about that. But thank you now we realize that we can't hit estes so that mean we can't win so that means no pressure on us against a team that is far superior than us.I,m glad we didn't listen to how good Central Hieght pitcher was last year and couldn't be hit or we might of not made it so far.

you got one thing right!!!! I am up set about kirbyville not making playoffs!!!  But that is not the reason I said what I said.  Just look at past games where Buna had to face a little pitching.   0 runs off Bridgecity, 1 runs of HF, 4 run off the ace from East Chambers, 0 runs off Kirbyville (1 hitter) Monday night you will see a better pitcher than Hazlewood. Throws harder and has more pitches from different angles. He has held many teams to 0 runs. I know Buna could beat them in 3 games, they do have the better team, but it will be a close in one game agaist Estes.

I am rooting for you now my team is out, just don't think this will be a easy game for Buna like I'm reading, especially since you have played one game in almost a month. good luck to ya'll!!!

you got one thing right!!!! I am up set about kirbyville not making playoffs!!!  But that is not the reason I said what I said.  Just look at past games where Buna had to face a little pitching.   0 runs off Bridgecity, 1 runs of HF, 4 run off the ace from East Chambers, 0 runs off Kirbyville (1 hitter) Monday night you will see a better pitcher than Hazlewood. Throws harder and has more pitches from different angles. He has held many teams to 0 runs. I know Buna could beat them in 3 games, they do have the better team, but it will be a close in one game agaist Estes.

I am rooting for you now my team is out, just don't think this will be a easy game for Buna like I'm reading, especially since you have played one game in almost a month. good luck to ya'll!!!

Hey hitman you are right we didn't do well at the start of the season and we had a hick-up against ec but maybe that was a reality check. Look at what our bats had done since that game and your'e right one game series the best team don't always win. The sad part that's all the game we have got to play and for shelbyville and buna the one that lose might always wonder what would of happen in a three game series. So don't base it on the past for ya'll started out like no one could touch ya'll and hit a slump at the wrong time or it might be us and ya'll. Hopefully for my coogs we hit our slump early and beginning to jell at the right time like we did last year but again that was last year we got to play every game like there's no tomorrow. and thanks for the support

3 of the 4 games you named were in predistrict. Baseball in february vs baseball in may and june...huge difference. Most teams play a lot better ball this late, and regardless of what Buna did early in the season they should be a force to be reckoned with during the playoffs. Good luck coogs, ill see ya in Austin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder