the team to beat in the 09-10 season

Saw Spurger play a couple weeks ago @ Huntington shootout. They looked good. Wish we had the post man..... :'(

How did they come out in the shootout? Was all their starters playing?

Third I believe, but they made a good showing......I think all starters were there.....

3 starters from last season played along with 1junior, 1 8th grader, and 1 freshman that played a little on JV.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Spurger play a couple weeks ago @ Huntington shootout. They looked good. Wish we had the post man..... :'(

Third I believe, but they made a good showing......I think all starters were there.....

3 starters from last season played along with 1junior, 1 8th grader, and 1 freshman that played a little on JV.

Were there starters from last year thats not graduating that weren't there?

Were there starters from last year thats not graduating that weren't there?

All 3 starters from last season that are not graduating were there ;).Dont know exactly who will start for sure in the 2 Senior's spots but about 2 key players were not there. One had to work ::) and the other had family issue.

Should get to see the full team :o in summer league we hope. :-\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kountze is the Team to Beat Now with Bray Back. IMO would have the Best Starting Five around.

Too many Weapons. You have a Shooter, Good Ball Handler. Good Post Players and Great OutSide Forward.

From what I saw from Kountze at Silsbee's summer tourney, Brey will definetly help them but they will not have the best starting 5 in the whole area. Unless you are strictly speaking 2A.

Kountze is the Team to Beat Now with Bray Back. IMO would have the Best Starting Five around.

Too many Weapons. You have a Shooter, Good Ball Handler. Good Post Players and Great OutSide Forward.

From what I saw from Kountze at Silsbee's summer tourney, Brey will definetly help them but they will not have the best starting 5 in the whole area. Unless you are strictly speaking 2A.

I'm thinking 2A. This additions helps tremendously. You now have Bray, McDaniel, Walker, and David Johnson. Could be deadly for alot of teams. I'm expecting a run to Austin this year. I think Kountze will be the 2nd best 3A-and-under team in the area behind Silsbee.

AAW, where's "sabinebball" now? Haven't saw him on here since his Varsity team won the 16-under GASO NIT division.... :D I'm sure he's reading about the addition.ย  ;)

I'm thinking 2A. This additions helps tremendously. You now have Bray, McDaniel, Walker, and David Johnson. Could be deadly for alot of teams. I'm expecting a run to Austin this year. I think Kountze will be the 2nd best 3A-and-under team in the area behind Silsbee.

AAW, where's "sabinebball" now? Haven't saw him on here since his Varsity team won the 16-under GASO NIT division.... :D I'm sure he's reading about the addition.ย  ;)

I think I ticked Mr. sabinebball off. May not see him around here anymore.

The addition of Brey elevates Kountze tremendously in the region.

• 2 weeks later...

BH has played over 30 games this summer inculding teams like Midland Lee and competed with them with out their full team so this year they are going to be strong if they can stay healthy. That new ball handler is doing a great job and see the court and make the tight passes when needed.

Did i miss the memo on Midland Lee being a basketball power?

;) BH will only be playing for 3rd or 4th spot in the district. with all of the work the boys have put in this summer they still have not learned to run plays and move the ball around. maybe after Toon gets aholdย  of them they will start working as a team and not run and gun like they have done this summer.

HJ will be good next year, but not as lucky.

Man they must be the luckiest team ever with all of their district championships, state appearances,State Championships, Regional championships...man they are lucky for sure...

they are pretty luckly but a lot of time winning takes a little bit of luck. Don't you think that last year they were lucky that they did'nt have to play silsbee in the reginol finals not saying they would have lost to them just think that silsbee was a much better team than jasper so yes that was luck but silsbee didnt take care of buisness like HJ did

• 1 month later...

Im back...all this gossip is killin me.... man some of you guys are pretty stupid...This one guy put center, hj, hudson and 3 other teams in front of silsbee in 3a???? you are nots my friend...Silsbee is loaded this year seriously. DC STallworth is gonna beast as well as Pheal Hill watch out for those two, Buut thats not all. SIlsbee is going have another year where they can play any 5 on the roster and still get a win.. Watch out For Stallworth(6'4)... Hill ...Thomas(6'6) ...Jones(6"6)... Lane (6'3)... Bolton,... Johnson, This team will be dangerous and will out run any team aroun here... The only down full for the tigers this year if they have one is 3 point shooting...But i believe they will over come that and beast all year long! I see them going undefeated in district and going deep in the play-offs...Possibly austin if coached right and prepared....now other than silsbee....sorry HJ but yall are done...i see yall comin in 2nd or 3rd in district..maybe even 4th..im not saying that 2 start anything but 4real...Kountze is the team to beat in 2a..they have alot back including a beast..Devin Brey... Clevland will be outstanding this year also..watch out for them...Ozen will be straight as long as decarlos keeps hittin half courters and pullin 35 a game....other than that i just dont know.......

Granny did you really just say that HJ might get 3rd or possibly even 4th???ย  Haha get real man!!!!ย  I am glad that everyone is overlooking HJ again.....you see where that got you last year!!!ย  Sounds like you overlooked Jasper as well!!!ย  Sorry had to give you a jab. :D :D :D

I hAve to agree with Granny on the Tigers in that they very well may be loaded,ย  but I definately disagree on the Hawks.ย  They have 3 solid returnees and will be strong as always.I hope the Tiger can finally get that outright district title but would not be surprised by a split again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Lucky for Orangefield thereโ€™s only 3 games max to play.ย  ย  Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90โ€™s but I donโ€™t know that for a fact. ย Rumors.ย ย  it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I havenโ€™t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.ย  ย  Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams.ย 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • โ€œWe have incredible evidence that itโ€™s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.โ€ โ€œ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฎ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐—, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐†๐ฅ๐จ๐›๐š๐ฅ ๐•๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐— โ€” ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฒ๐œ๐ฅ๐ž.โ€
    • Itโ€™s very difficult to fire an educator. ย Itโ€™s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where theyโ€™re likely to leave on their own. ย Iโ€™m not sure of the legality of exposing an employeeโ€™s work records, but it seems likely itโ€™s not allowed if nothing criminal took place. ย 
  • Topics