Nederland Bond Poll

Will the Nederland Bond Pass or Fail  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Nederland Bond Pass or Fail

• Yes it will pass by 55%
    • Yes it will pass by 65%
    • No it will fail by 55%
    • No it will fail by 65%

It's about where I thought it would be! What do we do in the case of a tie? Do UIL rules apply? Do we get one offensive series and then come out voting again? I don't know it could be interesting!

Rope off area around Tex Ritter park. In one corner Gavin Bruney in black trunks, Erik Shaw in white trunks.

10 rounds 3 knockdown rule.

Hey I am just trying to get the odds a little better and Proud thinks you have a two headed coin and you know Indians never stretch the truth, only white men speak with a forked tongue so I think we need your coin ;D

dawgnut, have you been at those rallies in Lumberton?  ;D

Siphoning off millions of tax dollars during a recession, coupled with a bad bond proposal, is not anti-improvement.  I believe 3,200 other people will attest to that also.  So your idea of talking "up" the school district is throwing more money at it?  With all due respect, friend, this type of thinking is what got it defeated.  How about this novel approach:  Be a good steward with the tax dollars you have and as efficient as possible.  Remember: I questioned the maintenance dept. for letting the school get in such bad shape.  One maintenance individual wrote back and said it was the "administrations" fault.  I don't care who's at fault, just fix the problem. 

How about:  79%  --  21%   Sweet!

what will you do now smitty that the bond is over?  Next i guess you will finding other ways to talk down about the School district and the people that are in favor of improving their town.

Siphoning off millions of tax dollars during a recession, coupled with a bad bond proposal, is not anti-improvement.  I believe 3,200 other people will attest to that also.  So your idea of talking "up" the school district is throwing more money at it?  With all due respect, friend, this type of thinking is what got it defeated.  How about this novel approach:  Be a good steward with the tax dollars you have and as efficient as possible.  Remember: I questioned the maintenance dept. for letting the school get in such bad shape.  One maintenance individual wrote back and said it was the "administrations" fault.  I don't care who's at fault, just fix the problem. 

How about:  79%  --  21%   Sweet!

what will you do now smitty that the bond is over?  Next i guess you will finding other ways to talk down about the School district and the people that are in favor of improving their town.

smitty, you can only fix the leaks in the hull so many times before the ship finally sinks. You guys need new schools. Sometimes, the maintenance department doesn't have the equipment to fix the problem, and sometimes the school district's administration doesn't have the money to buy the equipment or to hire people who have the equipment. At some point, the school district will have no other choice but to replace those schools, and you're getting closer and closer to that point every time you fail a bond. I agree that this one seems like a little much (although I still thought it would have passed), but you're going to have to get new schools sometime soon.

I have been reading this stuff off and on for a few days and it appears smitty and some others just dont get what James telling you.

Let me try this; I had 2 news letters mailed to my house within 3 weeks, I had 2 phone call recording in the last 2 weeks, multiple signs around town for the last 2 months to vote against the bond. All of the info was opinion from CARE very little facts, but that info reached a lot voters. CARE also hired a consultants for $20,000 to defeat the bond. Dorr is a professional and knows how to "spin the facts (he does this for living). Where did care get the money, businessess that do not have kids going to school. They want to reap the benfits of the school but do not want to invest in the school. They rather invest thousands and thousands of dollars to defeat something is needed.

My point is money won the election. When they can get there message out for over 2 months in many differnt ways and the committee has about 1/10 of the money to campaign, its a no brainer. It is very easy to to scare people when it comes to taxes. The good thing about the bond not passing is CARE owns the issue and the businesses that funded it. There will be another bond proposal, no doubt, the problems still exist. And when the proposal is to patch up everything for 4o million, and then we need another one in 10 years for 80 milllion thats when everyone will relize that we made the wrong decision. I hope I am wrong, we need a solution. I hope CARE and the whiners are righr and we come out of this with solid schools for the long term. But I doubt it. We will see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder