**Rockets vs Lakers Series Thread**Lakers Advance!

Rockets fans hiding?

i hide from no one. Too late for me to be up. Some of us have real jobs. I didn't see any Laker fans on here after the game 4 except for Buc2010, and he at least gave kudos.

My Rockets got the snot beat out of them, which is at least being able to man up about it. At least I haven't been ridiculous and predicted TWO sweeps.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockets fans hiding?

i hide from no one. Too late for me to be up. Some of us have real jobs. I didn't see any Laker fans on here after the game 4 except for Buc2010, and he at least gave kudos.

My Rockets got the snot beat out of them, which is at least being able to man up about it. At least I haven't been ridiculous and predicted TWO sweeps.

i agreee... the lakers deserve credit.. cant say i didnt see it coming with phil jackson as the coach... they exploited the size difference and we have no one to contain gasol and bynum on the low block... the rockets keep trying to shoot off the dribble and went away from the pick and roll which worked so good for them in game four... and lazeek and whoever else is saying you think the nuggetts are going to win, so does EVERYONE else, not exactly goin out on a limb there.. LA will probably be the underdog because they have no killer instinct..

well I am a rockets fan and I will be the first to admit I didnt give the rockets that much of a chance.now with yao out I reallly dont know. I can tell you this the lakers know now that the rockets are not a push over. and I believe this series will go 7. if houston had t mac and yao healthy houston would have taken this series in 5 but now I think the lakers take it in 7. denver will give the lakers all they can handle and then some. I just hope denver or even houston beats LA b cuz I am tired of kobe bryant he is good but he is also a premadonna.

well I am a rockets fan and I will be the first to admit I didnt give the rockets that much of a chance.now with yao out I reallly dont know. I can tell you this the lakers know now that the rockets are not a push over. and I believe this series will go 7. if houston had t mac and yao healthy houston would have taken this series in 5 but now I think the lakers take it in 7. denver will give the lakers all they can handle and then some. I just hope denver or even houston beats LA b cuz I am tired of kobe bryant he is good but he is also a premadonna.

Seriously Rockets win it in 5 if Tmac and Yao are playing?

I know you guys have issues with T-Mac but this team would be WAY BETTER with him...  I mean did you guys really expect him to lead a team out the first round with 6'5" Chuck Hayes starting at PF, or with no bench, or the year they surrounded him with 6'1 guards, and he was at SF?  To carry on further he was supposed to take the old man team of  softy Juan Howard, David Wesly, and Jim Jackson starting? 

This is the first year that the TEAM was good enough to get out the first round.  With a healthy T-Mac and Yao Ming Houston wins a championship this year!  But the real question is will either ever be healthy?

I know you guys have issues with T-Mac but this team would be WAY BETTER with him...  I mean did you guys really expect him to lead a team out the first round with 6'5" Chuck Hayes starting at PF, or with no bench, or the year they surrounded him with 6'1 guards, and he was at SF?  To carry on further he was supposed to take the old man team of  softy Juan Howard, David Wesly, and Jim Jackson starting? 

This is the first year that the TEAM was good enough to get out the first round.  With a healthy T-Mac and Yao Ming Houston wins a championship this year!  But the real question is will either ever be healthy?

you'll probably catch some heat for that post...

But, I agree completely.

Really???????? ::) ::) ::)

What was the Rockets record this year with TMac and the record without TMac????

Rockets are a better team without TMac................he has played his final game for Houston!!!!  The real question is what will they get for him?

Guest DickVitale

Rockets are a better team without TMac................he has played his final game for Houston!!!!  The real question is what will they get for him?

They will get a pack of cigarettes and a six pack of RC Cola!!!  8)

Guest nostradamus

The only way they get anything at all is if someone wants his expiring contract for next year.......but, why wouldn't the Rockets hold on to him and dump him when his contract expires and become major players in 2010......

She-Mac won't even be cleared until next January...at the earliest.......the Rockets will be well set in their rotation by then....

Now this will sound like a crazy idea but, so did trading She-Mac 3 years ago......when the Rockets could have gotten the stars and the moon for her.....why not trade Yao Ming NOW!!!  He had a great year........and the foot injury is obviously going to linger........let some desparate team take a leap for him and get GREAT VALUE while you can because "The Great Wall of China" is going to crumble down sooner than we think.....get value NOW!!!!

His injured but was unhealthy this yera!!!!  A healthy Tmac is what led them to a 22 game win streak just one year before!

The only way they get anything at all is if someone wants his expiring contract for next year.......but, why wouldn't the Rockets hold on to him and dump him when his contract expires and become major players in 2010......

She-Mac won't even be cleared until next January...at the earliest.......the Rockets will be well set in their rotation by then....

Now this will sound like a crazy idea but, so did trading She-Mac 3 years ago......when the Rockets could have gotten the stars and the moon for her.....why not trade Yao Ming NOW!!!  He had a great year........and the foot injury is obviously going to linger........let some desparate team take a leap for him and get GREAT VALUE while you can because "The Great Wall of China" is going to crumble down sooner than we think.....get value NOW!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That is CRAZYY... Never do that because watch two years down the road, that will come back and bite us in the but... NEVER trade away the person your teams built around... NEVER!!!

Rockets fans hiding?

Good, you can come read my 150 emails a day, listen to 10 voicemails, design the A section of the paper and cover baseball playoffs LOL.

I have a box of rocks and a flat pepsi

Rockets fans hiding?

Good, you can come read my 150 emails a day, listen to 10 voicemails, design the A section of the paper and cover baseball playoffs LOL.

I hate emails, most of them are stupid jokes. Voicemails should only be use for important stuff, not just to say "call me''. I applaud the last two. It was a joke anyway. Lighten up dude.

I like how you excerpted my post to one sentence. Care to address the last statement in that post?

Rockets fans hiding?

I hate emails, most of them are stupid jokes. Voicemails should only be use for important stuff, not just to say "call me''. I applaud the last two. It was a joke anyway. Lighten up dude.

I like how you excerpted my post to one sentence. Care to address the last statement in that post?

I am light. It was a joke. I'm the last person on this board to ever take anything serious.

Great game.....  I love the nba playoffs.....

I hope the league lets who plays the best in game 7 win.....  The nba has alot at stake with a celtics/lakers or cleveland/ lakers final......

denver or houston vs orlando or cleveland is suicide for national ratings....

This group the rockets have is FUN to watch when they have it going....

I think this Rocket team suprised the Lakers again.  First period, Scola had it going. They key in on Scola, then Brooks steps up in the 2nd and 3rd.  You adjust on Brooks, then Landry caught fire in the 4th.  Battier did another great job making Kobe work.  L.A.'s bigs were non existant due to the great defensive adjustments from game 5.  This was a huge TEAM win.  Everybody doing their job to beat a more talented team.  We outworked them all over the court.  Now, I hope my Rockets can pull it off again on Sunday in L.A. I'll be totaly shocked!  Heck, I may even decide to get me an Artest/Wafer mohawk!  ;D

Ohh yea... 

BEAT L.A.!!!  BEAT L.A.!!!  BEAT L.A.!!!  BEAT L.A.!!!  BEAT L.A.!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83