MODERATOR Qualifications??????

Guest stircrazy

Guest 11/13Dad

I cant even get a answer whether you should publically or privately warn and/or ban people !

Oh, you'll get the answer alright, it may not be the one you want.  Qualifications, there are none.  

They want to voice their opinions (such as Gabe, and I like Gabe) and then some have a tighter rein like bigdog.  Don't want to get personal about any of them cause I don't know them but all moderators are different and my opinion would be assign the same moderators to the same boards.

So what are you trying to say? :)

Admin, you can highlight number 17 too.

Never been accused of "trying to say" anything.  Usually put it out there so it can be understood. What is unclear?

I think the feeling here is that we are trying to "take over" this board or run off everyone.  Not true, unless you continually break the rules.  We are trying to reign in some of the insanity.  Don't forget that when you signed up you agreed to abide by the board rules , which are posted for everybody.

Guest osue200

I think the feeling here is that we are trying to "take over" this board or run off everyone.  Not true, unless you continually break the rules.  We are trying to reign in some of the insanity.  Don't forget that when you signed up you agreed to abide by the board rules , which are posted for everybody.

I agree 100%.     We all get out of line occassionally.  Send us a PM.   Don't make a thread about it.  That's all.

Guest 11/13Dad

We had never heard of you until a week ago on this forum.  (I know you can go where you want, I read that response from you) You warned me over a reference I made about non-athletic department personnel making athletic department decisions.  That is the part of "what is bashing" on this board.  I could come up with 100 examples (I would rather not do all the copying and pasting and ratting out you fellow mods) of what I thought were worse examples of bashing made by moderators on this site.  Those who live in glass houses.......  That is what we are talking about.  You came in heavy handed from the get-go without knowing anyone here.  

Well, since you chose to single me out,

I discussed exactly why I sent a warning to you by PM.  And as far you thinking that I don't know anyone here, that has no bearing on the conversation, because our job is to enforce the rules on all boards.  It is also incorrect, as I have said, I read this board all the time so I have a pretty good idea who people are.  I am perfectly happy in my glass house, I admitted that I made a mistake on the other board and that it won't happen again.

Why can't we all get along and work together to make this one of the best boards in the country. You have alot of people that have put hundreds and hundreds of hours into this board. I for one am proud to be a part of it and you should be to.

Bullets wrote:

"... i'm not a moderator that comes on here and interferes with what is, in my opinion, the most contentious forum on the site.  i don't at all envy the moderators that do in fact have a legitimate reason to spend any amount of time in this particular forum, as they take more heat than probably anyone else involved with the site.  but back to being a moderator..."

I was enjoying this until I read this.  I have been in the football threads and college threads and have seen quite a bit of the same stuff i have seen here.

Could it be possible that since we are posting in a ladies sporting arena that we are supposed to subdue the testosterone and be more lady like.

And what does "contentious mean"  ?

"Self it means what you are doing right now you dummy"

"Oh, it means contains or with testosterone"

"nevermind, should have never brought it up."

Would you say what you wrote in front of the people that's involved in the message? If so, type away. If not, don't post it.

That's a good point.      What about difference of opinion between posters and/or moderator that are posting to each other

the moderator should take it behind close doors ie PM. if it's a forum rule question. If it's about sports the moderator has every right to voice his or her opinion.

This subject was discussed between other moderators (behind the scenes) it was determined that MULTIPLE warnings had been issued (behind the scenes) without much success. It was discussed whether or not it would be a good idea to make it public since "behind the scenes" obviously wasn't working. The moderators (yes with an S, meaning multiple) involved decided to go with a public warning. Several other moderators have voiced their opinion about the on going violations, I chose to be the one to take action, had the same decision been made by certain other moderators, this wouldn't even be a topic!

I've been accused of baiting, setting him up, calling him out, etc, etc...........mind you, until a week ago, I have not posted on this site for nearly 6 months, I'm NOT the problem.......the problems were still here even without MY presence.

Besides that, look at the majority of the posters on this thread (besides moderators) same old people whinning about one of their own getting scolded........why?

If it makes any of you feel better, I have also receive a warning - a phone call the OWNER back during the HEAVY disagreements a year or so ago.

LOOK AT THE COMMON DENOMINATOR!

I'm not one of the same old people. I did not like the way this was approached. This is by far my favorite site. I do not post alot but can say I follow the softball, baseball, football, and basketball boards on this site daily. The majority of the post from the person that was called out are informative. Yes he occasionally pushes the rules of the site, but so do a bunch of others.

pretty much every decision made by a moderator regarding a softball forum regular is ripped apart on here.  if someone gets a ban, we receive PM's, whole threads are started, etc. etc.  if a mod asks ya'll to tone it down, we're the scum of the earth.  this is the ONLY forum where that regularly happens.  so when we have yet ANOTHER thread on here questioning us, we're going to band together, just as the softball posters do when they feel like they've been called out. 

and weed, i'm glad you like my work.