Private Schools VS. The UIL

Guest DickVitale

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aschrapps

I was told he lives in Beaumont and I made no accusations just asked a simple question. He played on the Beaumont little dribblers all star team so I assumed he lived in beaumont. At any point in my post did I say hj recruits? Did I say coach Sutherland recruited him to hj. If I had the choice between sending a kid to Westbrook or hj I would gladly pick hj. This is the problem I have with hj faithful and I guess I have to include hj staff now...you ask a simple question and turns into this personal attack. I have acknowledged the play of the hj team and if you want to go back further when their was the post about best coaches I said thy coach sutherland was the only one with credentials to be included.  didn't realize his dad was an employee of the district. Throw all the specilations you want about Kelly I'll be happy to confirm them or deny. Go ahead throw out the debacle that was the brown brothers and their time at kelly it's no secret. If you want to privately message me I would be glad to discuss the issues of Kelly.

Guest DickVitale

This case has just opened back up, and the judge (me) will NOT allow any private messaging in this case!!! All rebuttals from counsel Nos will be made on this board...(As I bang the gavel again) :D

I must disagree on allowing private schools into the UIL.

I spent a short time as the Head Coach and Athletic Director of a private school in Austin back in the 80's. We of course did not offer athletic scholarships, but each year I was told that we could offer X number of scholarships and their was no acedemic performance that had to be established. The board was speaking to me as the athletic director not the school recruiter.

I also lived in Louisiana for a couple of years and almost every sport was dominated by private schools. Students playing varsity sports from the time they are in the 6th grade so they can get six years to mature and grow into the game.

I can listen to the arguements, "that will never happen here!" Just wait until some small school in mid County starts pulling athletes from Nederland, PNG and WOS with the promise of playing out of state or in nationally recognized tournaments with college scouts and even pro scouts always around waiting to talk to parents about "the next level". Then we will see if this becomes an ugly topic or not.

It's a bad idea and it will continue to be one no matter how much it is discussed.

I agree with this post with a disclaimer. If UIL allows privates to play with the publics, then ALL the privates should have to play 5A, regardless of their size or location.

Schools such as Legacy (at this time) could not hang with 5 A ball

I was told he lives in Beaumont and I made no accusations just asked a simple question. He played on the Beaumont little dribblers all star team so I assumed he lived in beaumont. At any point in my post did I say hj recruits? Did I say coach Sutherland recruited him to hj. If I had the choice between sending a kid to Westbrook or hj I would gladly pick hj. This is the problem I have with hj faithful and I guess I have to include hj staff now...you ask a simple question and turns into this personal attack. I have acknowledged the play of the hj team and if you want to go back further when their was the post about best coaches I said thy coach sutherland was the only one with credentials to be included.  didn't realize his dad was an employee of the district. Throw all the specilations you want about Kelly I'll be happy to confirm them or deny. Go ahead throw out the debacle that was the brown brothers and their time at kelly it's no secret. If you want to privately message me I would be glad to discuss the issues of Kelly.

hoops123, the only question you had in your original post was wondering how the student was zoned in HJ. You did not ask if he was living in Beaumont, you stated that he lives in Beaumont. Therefore, the response.

Guest nostradamus
Persohn lives in beaumont.... trying to understand how he is zoned for hj

That is not a question........that is a statement and accusation and you know it.

I was told he lives in Beaumont and I made no accusations just asked a simple question. He played on the Beaumont little dribblers all star team so I assumed he lived in beaumont.

I would think this would be the EXACT reason I stated that you should have your facts straight before you post something like that.

At any point in my post did I say hj recruits?

At any point did I say you said HJ recruits?

Did I say coach Sutherland recruited him to hj.

Did I say you said Coach Sutherlnad recruited him to HJ?

This is the problem I have with hj faithful and I guess I have to include hj staff now...you ask a simple question and turns into this personal attack.

Simple question....really?  You said he lived in Beaumont and didn't understand how he could be zoned for HJ........not a simple question.....in fact, when you take into context that it was in response to me saying why private schools have an advantage over public....makes it more of an accusation than you realize.

I have acknowledged the play of the hj team and if you want to go back further when their was the post about best coaches I said thy coach sutherland was the only one with credentials to be included.

Where did anyone say you haven't?  And what exactly does this have anything to do with this thread?

didn't realize his dad was an employee of the district.

Again, see the bold words up top ASSume

Throw all the specilations you want about Kelly I'll be happy to confirm them or deny. Go ahead throw out the debacle that was the brown brothers and their time at kelly it's no secret. If you want to privately message me I would be glad to discuss the issues of Kelly.

I don't need to throw out speculation.......I don't deal in speculation....I deal in facts.  I have facts about Kelly so I certainly don't need you to confirm or deny anything.  However, I know that if I am not sure about something I am certainly not going to post it on a message board.  Brown brothers???  Who mentioned them???  Don't you know that the first sign of guilt is being defensive when you haven't been questioned?  I don't need to or care to discuss anything regarding Kelly.

Guest DickVitale

(banging the gavel) Counsel Nostradamus, that would be quite enough...You are answering so many questions at one time, the jury can not take it all in!! Counsel hoops 123, can you refute ANY of this? :D

Guest aschrapps

this is the maturity of the hj coaching staff? I tried to explain myself and if your going to continue to be a jackass that's fine you and all your hj buddies can have your fun I no longe have the desire to be on southeasttexas I mean hj sports.com Im gonna go delete my account and you as a grown man can meet all your buddies and giggle it up.

this is the maturity of the hj coaching staff? I tried to explain myself and if your going to continue to be a jackass that's fine you and all your hj buddies can have your fun I no longe have the desire to be on southeasttexas I mean hj sports.com Im gonna go delete my account and you as a grown man can meet all your buddies and giggle it up.

Again, one of those "Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen" things.

Look, there is no need to leave the site, just ask DV. ;) ;D

Guest DickVitale

See, now I can just laugh at those kinda comments (grimmacing) Relax hoops 123....You know the court thing was kind of funny! :D

See, now I can just laugh at those kinda comments (grimmacing) Relax hoops 123....You know the court thing was kind of funny! :D

Kind of?? I thought we had a pretty funny thing going there.

Guest nostradamus

My maturity is being questioned for getting upset that someone, without knowledge, said one of our players (who, oddly enough, happens to be very very good and a big part of the future of our program) doesn't live in our district?? Seriously??  Then, in return you make a ton of statements regarding HJ basketball, its coaches, and the Brown brothers at Kelly......I answer every question that you ask......and I am immature for that??  Sorry, not buying.

Guest DickVitale

NoW! Mr. Vitale, this is the very best entertainment I have experience while sitting at a PC in some time. You are marrrrrrrrrvelous!!!!

I thank you, Lady Mommahawk...(as I take a bow)  :D

How did Jim Carrey say it in "Liar, Liar"

"Annnd Jordan fades back.......SWOOSH..........annnnnd THAT'S THE GAME!!" ;D

You are KIDDING!! I was picturing the exact scene in my head!! :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn