Ozen Job Once Closed Now Reopened

This is a complete joke. Just another example of how poorly BISD is run. This district along with PAISD is the laughing stock of this area.

It is obvious that the "bigwigs" of this district did not like the fact that everyone and their grandma didn't apply for this "big time, most coveted" job in the state. ::) I am sure they were expecting the likes of Rick Barnes, Tom Penders, Billy Gillespie and others to apply. They may of even expected the great Robert Hughes to come out of retirement and take this job. ::)

Hey did everyone know "The position opened when former Ozen coach Andre Boutte resigned and coached his final game Dec. 19." because I think this is the first time they mentioned it.  ::)

Why don't they just come out and say...We are waiting for "Insert name here" to apply!

What a JOKE. I bet the people who have applied feel really really unworthy if they have to reopen it.

Guest DickVitale

Under normal circumstances MOST top tier coaches WOULD have applied for this job.  Guaranteed. Ask YOUR coach in Silsbee how coveted that job is.  Now AAW wants to drag PAISD into the conversation about BISD..What does PAISD have to do with the Ozen hiring process? Though I feel that this decision to extend this hire is a very bad move on the part of BISD, that does not mean that the entire district along with PAISD should be deemed terrible all the way around.  This situation has turned personal, and BISD has got to take control of the situation and do the right thing.  Silsbee ISD has done some crazy things in the past...So has Kountze, Buna, Lumberton, Vidor & West Orange, just to name a few.  Its about people, leadership and personalities among board members and communities. All school districts have their own issues. This one just happens to be a bit more public. 

Guest spinks

Under normal circumstances MOST top tier coaches WOULD have applied for this job.  Guaranteed. Ask YOUR coach in Silsbee how coveted that job is.  Now AAW wants to drag PAISD into the conversation about BISD..What does PAISD have to do with the Ozen hiring process? Though I feel that this decision to extend this hire is a very bad move on the part of BISD, that does not mean that the entire district along with PAISD should be deemed terrible all the way around.  This situation has turned personal, and BISD has got to take control of the situation and do the right thing.  Silsbee ISD has done some crazy things in the past...So has Kountze, Buna, Lumberton, Vidor & West Orange, just to name a few.  Its about people, leadership and personalities among board members and communities. All school districts have their own issues. This one just happens to be a bit more public. 

Dickie V.  I will agree with you here.  While I am not a BISD fan this could all be happening because of 1 person and as much as I have bashed this school district I don't REALLY KNOW what is going on.  So assuming is not fair to all of those involved.  However, I hope the school district learns a lesson and lets those who should do the hiring (Saveat) do the hiring and let the others stick to their respective jobs.

The school district as a whole is not all that bad... Actually it is a highly recognized district in Texas.  My wife is in grad school and she say's when they show examples of well run districts, BISD is on the list everytime.  When they show examples of poorly run districts, HISD and DISD come up.  Of course you can only judge the one that you are around everyday, but know the facts. 

Even the 12 Tribes of Irael thought they had it bad whilei in the desert...  But God's spirit was amoungst them, bread rained down from heaven daily, there cloths never got old, their feet never blistered, the reproduced, and went into a foriegn land and took over... They actually had it quite good...

The school district as a whole is not all that bad... Actually it is a highly recognized district in Texas.  My wife is in grad school and she say's when they show examples of well run districts, BISD is on the list everytime.  When they show examples of poorly run districts, HISD and DISD come up.  Of course you can only judge the one that you are around everyday, but know the facts. 

Even the 12 Tribes of Irael thought they had it bad whilei in the desert...  But God's spirit was amoungst them, bread rained down from heaven daily, there cloths never got old, their feet never blistered, the reproduced, and went into a foriegn land and took over... They actually had it quite good...

Amen.

Guest DickVitale

Dallas ISD IS poorly run....Houston ISD has poor leadership at this time, but overall is a really good district....That guy is retiring next month so HISD should get back on top again real soon.

Dickie V.  I will agree with you here.  While I am not a BISD fan this could all be happening because of 1 person and as much as I have bashed this school district I don't REALLY KNOW what is going on.  So assuming is not fair to all of those involved.  However, I hope the school district learns a lesson and lets those who should do the hiring (Saveat) do the hiring and let the others stick to their respective jobs.

But isn't it the job of the leaders in BISD to tell these morons to knock it off.  If it truely is only 1 or 2 people the majority should step up and take control, and if they don't then ALL of them are at fault. 

But isn't it the job of the leaders in BISD to tell these morons to knock it off.  If it truely is only 1 or 2 people the majority should step up and take control, and if they don't then ALL of them are at fault. 

Maybe the 1 or 2 had influenced the votes long before all this public info was obtained, which is why there is no decision.

Guest DickVitale

Everyone knows why they reopened the job. The one the community pick finally decide to apply. Hint he is close and from a 2-A district.

Well this is BREAKING NEWS...... ::) ::).....We all knew this, bro...But he was the PRINCIPAL'S pick NOT the community pick.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder