White on Liddell's future: He's done

Gabe

MONTREAL – When Chuck Liddell, the biggest star in Ultimate Fighting Championship history, left the Bell Centre cage on Saturday night, the reaction was no different than many of his greatest wins. He got a lengthy standing ovation from a sold-out arena.

This is the hidden content, please

I don't get the impression from Chuck that he will go to another organization. In his mind I think he feels the UFC is the best place for fighters and if he can't compete there then he should hang it up.

I have seen where he says that money is not an issue for him and he is secure on that front so maybe he will retire and start coaching younger fighters. Start announcing or something. I would hate to see him go to Strikeforce or somewhere and fight, just would not seem right.

Or as I have been before I could be off base and he moves on to another place like SF or Affliction.

I read an interview with White last week and he said that Chuck had signed a service contract with UFC in the event that he lost this fight with Rua.  I know Chuck loves to compete, but he has to face the fact that age has caught up with him.  I'll sure miss him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami