Rockets advance!!!/Face Lakers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 11/13Dad

Great start.  Hope the Rockets can use their experience against the youngsters for their first playoff win in forever.  Then they get get rid of Tracy once and for all.

Guest 11/13Dad

Yao was unstoppable early.  I love th way Brooks stepped up and scored big in his first playoff game.  We played excellent defense down the  stretch!  Looking to see what adjustments that  Portland makes.

Rockets really weren't a 2 headed monster either like they have been with McGrady and Yao.  Artest and Brooks did great also.  I think this Rocket team is hungry for a playoff win.  I'm sure Portland will have to make adjustments for Yao, I just hope Adelman has an answer back.

Guest JoesBros

I know Im just a little excited right now. Brandon Roy scares me. You already took home court away so thats the main thing for the time being.

They will not have an answer for Yao If they can take game 2 then break the brooms out baby!

Won't be a sweep, IMO.  We relied on a 60% shooting night to put them away.  We won't have that kind of performance consistantly.  Blazers are not done...

I agree with the 60% comment, but I think the Blazers are done. This game was dominated by the Rockets and I went to bed in the 1st half. Getting some offensive rebounds will even out shooting less than 60%. I need to go read my paper and look at some stats. I'll be back.

What I dearly love is how well the Rockets play without ''always hurt'' McGrady. They should trade him for some young guy.

They will not have an answer for Yao If they can take game 2 then break the brooms out baby!

Won't be a sweep, IMO.  We relied on a 60% shooting night to put them away.  We won't have that kind of performance consistantly.  Blazers are not done...

they didnt exactly rely on 60 percent shooting, i think the way their defense stepped it up, they were gonna win that game regardless... i mean  come on, you win by 27 with your best player only playin half the game? im not gonna be surprised if they sweep the "FAIL BLAZERS"

Guest 11/13Dad

Hated to see Mutombo go down like that, he looked like he was in some MAJOR pain.

That was a huge blow to the Rockets but the bigger blow was how bad the refs sucked in that game tonight.  Many many ghost calls

Hated to see Mutombo go down like that, he looked like he was in some MAJOR pain.

That was a huge blow to the Rockets but the bigger blow was how bad the refs sucked in that game tonight.  Many many ghost calls

Bingo. Man, I honestly think I'm done watching the NBA. Not just this game or even the Rockets. Like reading a good book from the back to the front. People talking about brooms and a sweep.....no way. It's the NBA...too much money involved. Like watching a good movie w/ someone who has seen it tell ya what's gonna happen.

Paul Bosch and the early days of pro wrestling. I'm out.

Is it college football season yet  ???

Guest JoesBros

Is my house the only place around here that had the game blacked out? As soon as NBA Tv started the coverage my screen went black. Anywho looks like Matumbo is done for the season but for his carreer as well. A big lost for the Rockets. But gotta feel good to take home court away from the Blazers hopefully playing at Toyota on Friday will help.

He was rolling around in pain.  It looks as if he buckled the knee twice.  He had to get carried off on a stretcher after a 10-15 minute delay.  IMO, Deke is done.  We'll have to make the best of it without him...

BTW, the officiating in this game, overall, stinks.  That was Portland's best and they only won by 4 points.  Roy will not score 40+ points every game and Alridge will not hit those 14' jumpshots consistantly.  We'll crush them in Houston.

He was rolling around in pain.  It looks as if he buckled the knee twice.  He had to get carried off on a stretcher after a 10-15 minute delay.  IMO, Deke is done.  We'll have to make the best of it without him...

BTW, the officiating in this game, overall, stinks.  That was Portland's best and they only won by 4 points.  Roy will not score 40+ points every game and Alridge will not hit those 14' jumpshots consistantly.  We'll crush them in Houston.

the officiating in the first game was great! Because David stern was there..hmmm..now he wasent for game two and the refs sucked!

Guest Gotcha

The officiating was horrible.  I cannot believe it would be that bad being a playoff game, but then again Joey Crawford was calling the game.  Rockets win the game if they make free throws.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn