Worst Astros trades.

Guest shooter1709

Not resigning Randy Johnson, letting Beltran walk, becoming a franchise....

wow this comin from someone who cheers for a team that laughs in the face of the little guy... and you still cant win, Pathetic

wow this comin from someone who cheers for a team that laughs in the face of the little guy... and you still cant win, Pathetic

Still can't win? I believe 26 WS is winning more than anyone. It is not the Yankees fault they make money and spend money. Yes they have spent money and not won so what is your point with that?

Guest 11/13Dad

Johnson and Beltran were classic blunders on Drayton's part but not really trades.  He and GM just dropped the ball. 

Going way back Joe Morgan was one of the biggest and Kenny Loftton was right there in the running for worst.

the reason beltran left is because of his agent....scott boras. boras demands money for his clients. other than pudge, who else since beltran left was a client of Scott Boras? none. as for the worst trade of all time....2 years ago: brad lidge for michael bourne. as of now its a bad trade but ask me again in 3 years and it could be a different story. since the trade lidge hasnt blown a save and the phillies have won the world series.....and bourn has hit somewhere around .240. yeah i know trade value of lidge then was TERRIBLE, but the outcome is what truely matters and so far its gone the way of the Phillies.

the reason beltran left is because of his agent....scott boras. boras demands money for his clients. other than pudge, who else since beltran left was a client of Scott Boras? none. as for the worst trade of all time....2 years ago: brad lidge for michael bourne. as of now its a bad trade but ask me again in 3 years and it could be a different story. since the trade lidge hasnt blown a save and the phillies have won the world series.....and bourn has hit somewhere around .240. yeah i know trade value of lidge then was TERRIBLE, but the outcome is what truely matters and so far its gone the way of the Phillies.

Dan Wheeler and Chad Qualls are doing good now.

Who did the Stros get for tradeing them?

wheeler was involved in the wiggington trade.

again, a failure for the stros.. they couldn't even keep wiggy more than a year.

they let matt albers, luke scott, carlos beltran, willy taveras, aubrey huff, gregg zaun, and brad lidge all go in these last 2 or 3 years.. and in return?

michael bourn (bust) jason jennings (not even on a MLB roster)

that's it, that's all.

terrible moves. the astros have proven to get good players at the deadline, but they never can keep them.

Worst thing was to allow Gerry Hunsiker sp to leave as GM. Drayton is way to cheap and where do you want to start? How about the Mike Cuellar trade to Baltimore and Joe Morgan and the clan to Cincy?  Lee  has what four years left on his deal?  ??? Gerry H made some great moves and wade is a idiot. No farm systeam at all.

You nailed it, etbu.  Gerrry Hunsicker was/is a baseball guy and the Astros were always competitive and the farm system was productive.  What has he done since we cut him loose?  Hmmmm, took the Tampa Bay Rays organization that has been dead in the water for it's entire history and climbed into the World Series with a bunch of kids! I am afraid Wade will continue to sign over-the-hill free agents for too much money and too little contributions. >:(

i've been saying it for a while.. astros need to unload some of their stars.

people may not like the idea, but we could get some great prospects for them.

think about it, 2 solid prospects per player.. maybe more.

thats how teams like the marlins and rays have SOLID teams with YOUNG players

Guest 11/13Dad

Freddy Garcia was another major screw-up.  Wasn't that his name that pitched so well for years with Seattle? 

Houston has had several good 2.5-3 men rotations.  With Garcia in there in the late 90's and early 00's would have had awesome pitching staffs.  Seem so Drayton wants to do just enough to be competitive but doesn't want to spend enough to truly win it all.

Guest shooter1709

Still can't win? I believe 26 WS is winning more than anyone. It is not the Yankees fault they make money and spend money. Yes they have spent money and not won so what is your point with that?

yea sounds like a yankee, lingering in past glory... what have you done lately?? Youre just mad sause the SOX have taken over youre place on the totem pole  ;D

Guest shooter1709

Johan Santana sound familiar to anyone... IMO the alltime worst trade the guy's a complete ACE now and we wouldnt be talkin so much about the astros rotation if we still had him

Johan Santana sound familiar to anyone... IMO the alltime worst trade the guy's a complete ACE now and we wouldnt be talkin so much about the astros rotation if we still had him

Seriously? When and who far? Who was the GM?

yea sounds like a yankee, lingering in past glory... what have you done lately?? Youre just mad sause the SOX have taken over youre place on the totem pole  ;D

No, it sounds like any fan who can hang their hat on their team's past success. And if you knew me at all, you would have known I was making a joke about the Astros becoming a franchise. It was a joke towards the dumb things they have done. But when did the Sox replace the Yankees? Yankees might not have won it lately but I'll take the 26 I mentioned over the Sox any day of the week.

No, it sounds like any fan who can hang their hat on their team's past success. And if you knew me at all, you would have known I was making a joke about the Astros becoming a franchise. It was a joke towards the dumb things they have done. But when did the Sox replace the Yankees? Yankees might not have won it lately but I'll take the 26 I mentioned over the Sox any day of the week.

Gabe you need to pic up the Roger Clemens book that just came out.

Why lol

Just got done with it called "The Rocket that fell back to earth" bc good read. Also read the Joe Torre book which was very insightful. If you are a Yank fan you will learn alot by both. Both are good books and sheds light that RC has some issues.

As soon as I finish the Twilight series (I know I know but they are great books) I'll pick em up

I have one if not both send me a pm and will mail them to you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami