High School vs. Astros

Guest BC boy 17

Guest BC boy 17

here's something different. could your high school team beat Astros? (without Oswalt pitching) lol

or could the 2009 SETXsports team beat them?

Guest BC boy 17

thats dumb... they are grown men and pros there is no way

chill out, just something different.

Astros havent been the greatest ball club

LOL as much as I love our HS players, I'll never say it could happen. There is a reason the Astros are in the pros and a reason our boys have some work and practice to do before they are on that level.

......and it's why they are paid the big $$$$$$$.

never say never, I say never, also. No way. MLB dominates ground zero...batter's box/strike zone. Never.

Guest BC boy 17

Sure...anything is possible...   Not very likely,,,but nevertheless possible.

That would be pretty cool to see..a SETX HS all-star team vs. the Astros...that would be something those kids would remember for the rest of their lives..and if they happened to win...WOW!!!!

yankeedawg has the right idea  ;)

Yes the hooks are AA.. And that means the worst player on their team is more than likely better than the best High School player in our area...

I'm pretty sure that there is 5-6 players in Setx that could play AA

But there is a reason those players are in AA and not the majors.

After watching yesterday's game/debacle against the lowly Pirates................I change my mind.  ;)

Stros may go 1 - 163

if they play as bad as they have been, I hope they don't make them play 2 extra ;D

162 game season...  ;):D

I know this was a "just for fun thread"... Seriously though... I think that very few of us (myself included) really have a grasp of how good the ballplayers are even on the worst clubs in baseball and how big the gap is between truly great high schoolers and the pros. I know Andruw Jones was like 17 when he exploded on the scene but he is by far the exception and not the rule.

I too would like to know the highschoolers in this area that could play AA.

Colin played summer ball with us when he was 16. He stood out then and you knew he was someone who would have the potential to make it to the bigs.

As far as a high school competition with the pros's, never happen.

Take a look all the high school teams in our area from 1A to 5A. I could be wrong but only a minor few from each team would be able to earn a starting position on a playoff team moving up just one classification.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed