So since this season is already over, who wins next year?

Texas has a STRONG shot if Damion James comes back.

They will have Jai Lucas at the point, with Pitman, James, Johnson, and Mason....  That will be strong but the question is will Avery start over Mason...  That freshman is ice water. The UT has a strong back-up PG in Balbay.  The bench will be heavy with really good freshmen both 6'6" and taller with gaurd skills (Shawn Williams and Jordan Hamilton).  Not to mention older and improved players like Varez Ward, Alexis Wangmene, Clint Chapman, and Matt Hill.

Then I would say Villanova, Michigan State, Wak Forest, Kansas (if Cole and Collins stay), UCLA, and Oklahoma in that order.

They will have Jai Lucas at the point, with Pitman, James, Johnson, and Mason....  That will be strong but the question is will Avery start over Mason...  That freshman is ice water. The UT has a strong back-up PG in Balbay.   The bench will be heavy with really good freshmen both 6'6" and taller with gaurd skills (Shawn Williams and Jordan Hamilton).   Not to mention older and improved players like Varez Ward, Alexis Wangmene, Clint Chapman, and Matt Hill.

Then I would say Villanova, Michigan State, Wak Forest, Kansas (if Cole and Collins stay), UCLA, and Oklahoma in that order.

The answer is a 100% YES!!!  Mason isn't in the same league as a guy like Bradley. 

They will have Jai Lucas at the point, with Pitman, James, Johnson, and Mason....  That will be strong but the question is will Avery start over Mason...  That freshman is ice water. The UT has a strong back-up PG in Balbay.   The bench will be heavy with really good freshmen both 6'6" and taller with gaurd skills (Shawn Williams and Jordan Hamilton).   Not to mention older and improved players like Varez Ward, Alexis Wangmene, Clint Chapman, and Matt Hill.

The answer is a 100% YES!!!  Mason isn't in the same league as a guy like Bradley. 

I also think Hamilton and Williams will put pressure on the guys in front of them... Hamilto is just like James but with a better shot... His Handle is suspect too.  Williams is like AJ but he is 6'6"...  That kid can run through screens and bust a three all day.  He could be a match up problem if we can get him to bang the boards too!  None of these kids are 1 and dones, though Hamilton is close.  So Texas will have two to three years with this entire group... I think Bradley and Williams will give Texas 4 years.  Not to mention Tristan Thomas coming in the next year (one-and-done) with Jai still at the PG.  Texas is looking tough four at least the next two years...

Then they will get Jacovian next year too! *JOKE*

hahaha-024.gif

Im not so sure on your assessment on A. Bradley.  I was reading on Orangebloods how most feel he will on be in the Burnt Orange for 1 year.  I mean the kid can flat out play, and he proved that last week at the McDonalds All-American Game.  Either way, if stays or goes after next year, like you said: THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!!

Guest spinks

Im not so sure on your assessment on A. Bradley.  I was reading on Orangebloods how most feel he will on be in the Burnt Orange for 1 year.  I mean the kid can flat out play, and he proved that last week at the McDonalds All-American Game.  Either way, if stays or goes after next year, like you said: THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT!!!

Texas better be good in the next few years or Mr. Barnes will be a GONER!

The kid is a 6'2.5" shooting gaurd.  He can play some point but that is not his position.  It is highly difficult for a short 2-guard to get into the league.  6'4" is considered short for that position.  Yes the kid can play but he is a tweener and tweener are not looked upon with a positive light by NBA recruiters...  Unless Avery can show he is a PG (which he won't get a chance because of Lucas), he will be at UT at least three years!

Guest aschrapps

The kid is a 6'2.5" shooting gaurd.  He can play some point but that is not his position.  It is highly difficult for a short 2-guard to get into the league.  6'4" is considered short for that position.  Yes the kid can play but he is a tweener and tweener are not looked upon with a positive light by NBA recruiters...  Unless Avery can show he is a PG (which he won't get a chance because of Lucas), he will be at UT at least three years!

I've seen the kid play twice and he is no tweener....He can absolutely fly...he has a great feel for the game and scores from the mid range area with ease this kid will be one and done for texas

NOT A CHANCE!!!  Rick Barnes has for the 1st time in the history of program made Longhorn basketball nationally relevent, and even though I get frustrated sometimes with him, like I told you the other day.  There is no way the Univ. of Texas would let Rick Barnes go.  That would be like letting Mack Brown go before VY told us to jump on his back in the Rose Bowl.  It would be career suicide for D. Dodds, who is known as maybe the best AD in the nation. 

I've seen the kid play twice and he is no tweener....He can absolutely fly...he has a great feel for the game and scores from the mid range area with ease this kid will be one and done for texas

So you are saying this kid is a pro point guard when all scouts have him labelled as a two guard?

NOT A CHANCE!!!  Rick Barnes has for the 1st time in the history of program made Longhorn basketball nationally relevent, and even though I get frustrated sometimes with him, like I told you the other day.  There is no way the Univ. of Texas would let Rick Barnes go.  That would be like letting Mack Brown go before VY told us to jump on his back in the Rose Bowl.  It would be career suicide for D. Dodds, who is known as maybe the best AD in the nation. 

It is not all Ricks' choice!  But a Job like UCONN could pull him away guarenteed...

Guest aschrapps

So you are saying this kid is a pro point guard when all scouts have him labelled as a two guard?

did i say he was a point guard? no he is a two guard who is more than capable of playing in the nba he is bigger and more athletic than ben gordon and he is doing just fine in the league.

It is not all Ricks' choice!  But a Job like UCONN could pull him away guarenteed...

Oh Im not saying he won't leave for another job.  I just thought he was saying they would fire him if he didn't win in the next few year.  Spinks if you were saying HE would leave UT then I missed understood your comment.

Dude.. He is the same hieght or shorter than Ben Gordon...  It took Ben three college years to get to be a great undersized player... Ben can actually play the point too... Ben is a pure shooter... They always have a place in the league... Ben is 6'3, 200 lbbs... Avery is 6'2, 165...  Where exactly is he bigger?  And it took Ben Gordon three years of college to prove that he could be an undersized tweener in the league.

I am not saying that he wont play pro, but he is not a one and done prospect...  I don't assume to know it all, but experience has shown me that there are not many 6'3" and under kids that jump straight to the NBA if they ar not PGs.  Monte Ellis and Lou Williams both tried and ended up second round picks...  Avery is not trying to leave UT early to be a second round pick! Eventhough, Monte and Lou (that is a guy Avery is the same size as) are doing good now and bouth were better preps than AVery (Avergaging 32 + ppg for two years not Avery's 25 ppg for one).  They tried it in the same draft, both thought they were first round and both failed to make the first round... No sub 6'3" guard has tried it since.

Williams

This is the hidden content, please

Ellis

One last thing... If you think he is first round in next years draft where the shortest SG porjected to go pro is 6'5" you are sadly mistaken... Check it out on NBADRAFT.net, he is not even mentioned.

If that don't convince you check out this article from the McDonalds scouts

Avery Bradley really came to play today, doing an outstanding job showing his skill-set on both ends of the floor. His outstanding athleticism was constantly on display with the way he crashed the offensive glass, coming up with a number of excellent put-backs, and also hammering home some impressive dunks in transition—not a surprise considering that he won the dunk contest last night. While not yet a great 3-point shooter, and likely an improvable ball-handler, Bradley showed a terrific first-step and a prolific mid-range game, which should allow him to make an impact offensively for Texas right away. Defensively, he was outstanding as he always is, showing a real competitive spirit that was sorely lacking at these practices the past two days. Even though he’s clearly not a point guard, and his current limitations are fairly evident, Bradley has the makings of an intriguing long-term prospect that we’ll definitely have to keep an eye on right away in the Big 12.

Or this from DraftExpress.com

Pairing with friend and fellow top-10 recruit Jordan Hamilton, Texas will have one of the strongest perimeter attacks in the country for 09-10. Given Bradley’s lack of size, it’s hard to call him a one and done prospect at this point. However, if he is able to maintain the same impact at the collegiate ranks that he has had the prep level, it is certainly not out of the question.

Let me expanad on Big Ben Gordon as a prep... Ben was a high flying PG out of high school.. He was known for rising up and putting someone on a poster.  The guy is a grade A athlete.  Coach Calhoun told Ben that if he wanted a long career he needed to stop dunking for his knees sake.  He also said that smaller players get hurt over using their athletic ability. Ben listened to his coach and did just that.  But if you watch Ben on TV now he is blazing fast and jumps very high on his jumper... Pure athlete.  If you still don't believe me, here is Ben on Youtube having fun jumping out of the gym...

P.S. Ben was even bigger than Avery is now coming out of high school.  He was 6'2.5" 180....

Bradley is a beast! I saw him play in the usa vs the world game in portland. the kid is sick.

It seems like Chad Ford agrees with you!

Avery Bradley, G, Texas

Bradley may be a bit undersized as a combo guard, but he was terrific both in the McDonald's All-American game and at the Nike Hoop Summit. Against the World Team, he finished with 21 points on 14 shots and showed off a lethal combination of quickness and athleticism, and a defensive intensity that most players his age don't have.

While he clearly needs to work on his 3-point shooting, he could be a big-time prospect at Texas next season. Right now scouts have him pegged as a mid-first-rounder in 2010, but given his talent he could rise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder