Barbers Hill vs Bellville

There are many great coaches in the great state of Texas who have not won a state title. Just because a coach has not won a title doesn't make him a bad coach. I have no problem with opinions on here' date=' but when you bring names into the mix then I believe it has gone to far. Coaches wives , kids, and even the players they coach on here read this and shouldn't be exposed to negative comments made by people on this board. I am talking to everybody on this board, from Nederland fans , Barbers Hill fans , and West- Orange fans. Keep this a site where honest, productive discussion about football occurs. Good Luck to everyone this Friday.[/quote']

Don't defend our coaches because none of my comments were intended on bashing them.

I had to use names to get my point across.

That in no form was pointed toward bad mouthing them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right I bow to you.....the almighty eagletown.....how many state titles have you won? I am not stating that the coaches are perfect.....if you know so much about football........then explain to me why bh doesn't win state titles i am just interested in an experts opinion

The fun part of my double spacing madness is by the time you get to the end of my post you forget what you have read.

Let me state this…… again.

Very rarely will you read one of my posts about what plays I think our coaches should call or what players they use.

I leave that for Jody and others.

I just don’t understand why people get upset when they do it because I feel they have every right to their opinion.

They are entitled to their opinion just like you.

You know some times they may have been right and if you think not tell them why not, don’t just do it to defend a coach explain why you agree with the play calling.

There is no rule on this forum that states this is just a rah, rah, rah go BH forum.

Now since you think I know so much about football given all of the football knowledge I have never shared with setxsports posters here goes.

There are so many factors when it come to winning a State Title.

I could sit here and type for days on how, and why.

Sorry it is not worth the argument.

But contrary to what you think I would not blame it all on coaching or not having enough talent.

I’ll just give you two words why I think it has not happened POLITICS and MONEY and we all know BH has the money.

Ouch…..that’s going to hurt!!

Wow not exactly the answer you were expecting huh.

We could blame it on the coaching, but it all starts at the top with the school board.

You might agree and you might not.

Just like I told DSW you have some what of an idea how I look and where I sit.

If you want a face to face opinion come look me up.

Eagletown, I've seen you before and you ain't much to look at so I will just watch the game. HA HA HA. Sorry my brother but that was too easy. You know I love ya. Hope the EAGLES smash bellville. Then we get two weeks to talk mess. Shame you never won a state championship because you would be a super God.....

Eagletown' date=' I've seen you before and you ain't much to look at so I will just watch the game. HA HA HA. Sorry my brother but that was too easy. You know I love ya. Hope the EAGLES smash bellville. Then we get two weeks to talk mess. Shame you never won a state championship because you would be a super God.....[/quote']

:lol: Does winning a Little League Super Bowl count. :lol:

:wink: If so than yes I AM A SUPER GOD!!! :wink:

Bellville vs. Barbers Hill Preview

A solid Bellville team comes into Barbers Hill Friday night to meet their first real test of the season. Bellville boast a 2-0 record, however Brazosport and an unusually down Columbia team has yet to provide the test for the Bellville offense. The Bellville offense is lead by 3 primary seniors – Allan Cooper - RB/DB, Brandon Harris - WR/BD, and Lane O Connor – QB/DB. The Brahmas offense has some balance, however their running game is something to be mindful of.. With a total of 432 rushing and 219 passing yards for a 2-game average of over 325 yards, the Brahmas should make some nose in a tough 3-A district. Even with a good offense to rely on, the real strength for the Brahmas is their defense and special teams. Bellville’s Brandon Harris has helped the Brahmas combine for 6 interceptions and the team has only allowed 20 points in 2 games. Watch for the defensive backs to have a big game against Barbers Hill.

Barbers Hill comes into Friday night’s game with some questions still remaining on offense. The Eagles are loaded with talent on the offensive side of the ball, however the running game has yet to be established. First year QB and former receiver Blake Patton (SR) will lead the eagles against their toughest defensive test thus far. The Eagles will look to use offensive talents such as All-District MVP Mason Fisher, and Baytown Lee 2005 transfer Michael Davis to spread the ball around the field. The Eagles have had balance in their offense, even if not as productive as they would like. The Eagles have combined for 417 yards offense with only 1 yard separating the ground attack from the air attack. As with the Brahmas, defense and special teams is this teams real strength. The Eagles have only allowed 13 points in their first two games and against Jasper the defense scored 12 points before the offense had a chance to put a point on the board..

All being said, I think this game is going to be very close. Bellville has not yet faces a defense like the Eagles and the Eagles have not faced a defense like Bellville. If the Eagles get their offense back in their normal form, I have to give the Eagles a 7-point edge. If they do not, this could turn out to be a very low scoring affair and the game most likely will be decided by a costly turnover or special teams.

Nice scouting report.... My only statement on this game for now and the BH eagles is this. Yes BH has only allowed 13 points in two games. If the offense could've kept the ball longer (and they will get better) sustain more productive drives and kept the Def. off the field some, I venture to say that neither one of the two TD's, 1 by Wharton or 1 by Jasper wouldve been scored. They both came in the 4th quarter when the Def. has been spent. A few longer breathers in there would make a big difference. Later.

Nice scouting report.... My only statement on this game for now and the BH eagles is this. Yes BH has only allowed 13 points in two games. If the offense could've kept the ball longer (and they will get better) sustain more productive drives and kept the Def. off the field some' date=' I venture to say that neither one of the two TD's, 1 by Wharton or 1 by Jasper wouldve been scored. They both came in the 4th quarter when the Def. has been spent. A few longer breathers in there would make a big difference. Later.[/quote']

I completely agree. The offense has got to keep the defense fresh. I think both scores came only after the two-way players had been replaced for rest.

Hey 89, With everything I'm seeing that others have wrote and the scouting reports I'm seeing a LOW scoring game. DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE. Kind of like the Huffman game a couple of years back, but with more skills on both sides of the ball. I love our EAGLES but I'm not sure if our offense would be ready for a high scoring shoot out just yet anyway.

I dont think BH need to be "The greatest show on turf" offensively, just get the ball downfield some to make Bellville respect our mid to deep passes so they cant load 8-9 players to stop the run. Just sustain some drives and the scores will come. Like some other posters and myself have said..... we have awsome receiving talent. Use it.

I dont think BH need to be "The greatest show on turf" offensively' date=' just get the ball downfield some to make Bellville respect our mid to deep passes so they cant load 8-9 players to stop the run. Just sustain some drives and the scores will come. Like some other posters and myself have said..... we have awsome receiving talent. Use it.[/quote']

Your last sentence should be the BH Gospel in my book.

I heard the only returning lineman we have' date=' Rainey, may be back from his broken leg by Week 1 of district play. Dont know if its totally true or not.[/quote']

I would think it would take some time for him to get back in condition. He is good and will be a welcome site. Our D-Line is doing great.

I can't pin the running game issues completey on the offensive line. Every play we run is right in front of the defense (ball is always in view) and while we are waiting for the hole to open up, the linebackers have already keyed on the play and plugged the hole. Assuming they have not shot a gap by then.

I think that most 95% people keep there opinion to thereselves also. Because they undderstand that even though they might question a few play calls. They understand kids read this and the fact that it is a fan board. It is not a board to criticize people that coach for a living. I to question certain things like why you think you are so knowledgeable about the game of football. But I will stop there because I see no purpose for argueing. I think we need ot stick to enjoying the games and encourage the kids that play these games. So good luck to BH and Bellville and I hope for a good fought game.

Posted: Mon Sep 11' date=' 2006 8:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right I bow to you.....the almighty eagletown.....how many state titles have you won? I am not stating that the coaches are perfect.....if you know so much about football........then explain to me why bh doesn't win state titles i am just interested in an experts opinion

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:44 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they are smart they wont put 8 people in the box cause jasper played with 5 and we couldn't block that. I think that when are o-line gets healthy we will be alot better offensive football team.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm Post subject:

Well 2 things with my opinion......1 if you only have 5 in the box you should run at them.......2 one reason we have to run at them is we can't block to get outside......this is just my opinion I think the line will get better as the year progresses....these are just my opinions

[/quote']

I am kind of confused.

Which side of the fence are you on here.

You question me, want to know how many state titles I have won.

You say I know so much about football.

When I have yet to give an analysis of what I think we need to do.

It seemed to me you were the type to defend our staff and never question what they ran.

Then you will turn around and give your opinion of what we need to do.

I am not trying to start an argument, just wondering where you stand.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83