PNG Athletic Booster Club is soon to become a reality/Meeting Monday Night!

Coach Faircloth will be presenting it to the PNGISD board on Tuesday April 14th and barring something unforeseen it should be approved at that meeting. This will be an athletic booster club that is similar to what other districts in the area currently have that will benefit every athletic sport within the PNGISD.

Keep in mind there are a handful of great folks that helped get this thing started and have most of the necessary paperwork, applications, etc all in place so moving forward shouldn't be a slow process. So everyone that's been wanting to help currently and in the past will have that opportunity in the very near future.

More info as it becomes available.

Scalp'Em Indians.

Coach Faircloth will be presenting it to the PNGISD board on Tuesday April 14th and barring something unforeseen it should be approved at that meeting. This will be an athletic booster club that is similar to what other districts in the area currently have that will benefit every athletic sport within the PNGISD.

Keep in mind there are a handful of great folks that helped get this thing started and have most of the necessary paperwork, applications, etc all in place so moving forward shouldn't be a slow process. So everyone that's been wanting to help currently and in the past will have that opportunity in the very near future.

More info as it becomes available.

Scalp'Em Indians.

You really have to be careful with those booster clubs. They can be a great thing for a school but if not run properly they can be a real detriment to the school and community.

Good Luck!

That just blows my mind that with yalls following you have not had a booster club before now. Good luck with your program it will benefit  your athletes.

it was brought up numerous times but if the AD/HC doesnt want one.....it doesnt happen.    ;)

That just blows my mind that with yalls following you have not had a booster club before now. Good luck with your program it will benefit  your athletes.

it was brought up numerous times but if the AD/HC doesnt want one.....it doesnt happen.    ;)

Exactly. I can understand where an AD would not want one. I have seen too many booster clubs become more harm than good for a school. A lot of red tape and politics get involved.

How has everyone been getting their shirts,caps and the like.

I think everything will be just fine with PNG's booster club.  Coach Faircloth, from what I understand, is a "stickler" for details and will make sure everything is in place.  PNG's fan support is the best I have ever seen for a high school team, and the addition of a booster club will only make things better.  Congrats on PNG and Coach Faircloth!

PNG.........Honor...........Pride..........Tradition.............."Priceless!"

I bet they are only getting one because Nederland has one. ;)

I know, sounds dumb, don't it...kinda like Nedeland is only having spring football because PNG is, huh?

really?

something that has been attempted and shot down for over 10 years vs something thats been an option for any 4A or 5A school for years. I feel your comparison.

How has everyone been getting their shirts,caps and the like.

They sell them at the school,at football games via pta, and also at our local market basket and other stores mostly

I think that Excel in Central Mall has a wide variety of local school shirts/caps/etc.  I'm glad PNG is proposing a booster club.  If ran right, it's a GREAT thing to have, if not, it's a "thorn" in the flesh.  :-[

I was involved in a booster club when my kids were still in school and if run correctly it is great for the program. The last 4 years I was involved we put over $30,000 back into the programs each year. Really able to help the programs that dont bring in much money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83