USA vs. T&T Game Thread`

Ching has had a fairly good game, i'll give him that, but i'd much rather have someone up top with Jozy who can create a little more, either with speed (landycakes), or footskill (dempsey).  ching has always reminded me of a much less talented mcbride. i don't care for Mastroeni's style of play, and i'd rather not see hejduk in the starting lineup.  i'd also rather have beasley in a wing role where he can create more, although i understand why he's playing left back for this game. 

Ching has had a fairly good game, i'll give him that, but i'd much rather have someone up top with Jozy who can create a little more, either with speed (landycakes), or footskill (dempsey).  ching has always reminded me of a much less talented mcbride. i don't care for Mastroeni's style of play, and i'd rather not see hejduk in the starting lineup.  i'd also rather have beasley in a wing role where he can create more, although i understand why he's playing left back for this game. 

Valid points points but...

Remember that neither Donovan nor Dempsey enjoy playing forward unless it's a withdrawn one, and I don't think Jozy can handle being the target forward/distributer and doing the dirty work as well as someone like...oh I don't know... CHING!  AND if you take one of them out of the midfield, who do you replace him with?  We're not loaded with quality flank players.  And to say that Ching reminds you of a much less talented McBride.  Is that a shot or a compliment?  I'll take a "much less talented version" of the greatest forward the US has EVER PRODUCED...

What do you not like about Maestro's play at Destroyer?  His crunching tackles or tenacious battle for every 50/50 ball?

Frankie has had two solid games - including a goal and an assist in El Salvador.  Once again, who do you want in his place?  Dolo is hurt.

Dude, I dislike The Bob and Sunil as much as the next guy on BigSoccer, but it's all about the best 11 not the 11 best.  Bottom line, in my opinion, is we gotta do better on the road if we don't want to go 3 and out in South Africa next Summer.

The thing I love about having Ching up front, is all the work he does off the ball, drawing defenders away to give that space to Jozy and others... Also he is so strong in the box, I dare anybody to try shoving him off the ball, it won't happen, guarantee it... WAY better than Eddie Johnson...

Frankie is the HARDEST working player I've personally ever seen... Fearless and speedy, I think he is the best right back we've had in a while... Love watching him play... Hustles the ENTIRE game and NEVER gives up...

Landon played a pretty decent game, feeding Jozy on all 3 goals, even though he could've easily scored that last one, but chose to be unselfish... In South Africa he's gunna have to learn to be selfish though if we want any chance...

• 2 weeks later...

Frankie is the HARDEST working player I've personally ever seen... Fearless and speedy, I think he is the best right back we've had in a while... Love watching him play... Hustles the ENTIRE game and NEVER gives up...

have you watched davy arnaud? he is the midfield version of him in my opinion

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder