what makes a bad and a good coach??

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

You do the same thing DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of your post pertain how weak 3A and 2A are and the teams in it and Ozen being the staple of 4A and being a premiere program in the state!!!!!

You talk about how pathetic LU and the SLC is and how great your piss ant JUCO league is.

You degrade coaches who have a proven track record of success.......let's compare your resume to the coaches that you so frequently degrade.  I know for a fact that there is no comparison and that you do it as pure spite because you are jealous of the coaches and teams that you put down on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just not so....You are getting angry, so just get back to work....Why would I be jealous of HJ coaches? Thats stupid...I have rings, just like they do....In a higher classification of course, but hey, whose watching that part.. ;) How many do YOU have? SUPERFAN? ::) ::)...Go ahead....count them....I'll wait....ZERO.... You have never played, nor have you ever coached....Stay in your place and be a superfan... 8)

Guest stevenash

You do the same thing DV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of your post pertain how weak 3A and 2A are and the teams in it and Ozen being the staple of 4A and being a premiere program in the state!!!!!

You talk about how pathetic LU and the SLC is and how great your piss ant JUCO league is.

You degrade coaches who have a proven track record of success.......let's compare your resume to the coaches that you so frequently degrade.  I know for a fact that there is no comparison and that you do it as pure spite because you are jealous of the coaches and teams that you put down on a regular basis!!!!!!!!!!

Thats just not so....You are getting angry, so just get back to work....Why would I be jealous of HJ coaches? Thats stupid...I have rings, just like they do....In a higher classification of course, but hey, whose watching that part.. ;) How many do YOU have? SUPERFAN? ::) ::)...Go ahead....count them....I'll wait....ZERO.... You have never played, nor have you ever coached....Stay in your place and be a superfan... 8)

Stay in your place?  What does that mean?  Does that have a racial undertone?  Or are you now declaring (even though you have been inferring for a long time) that anyone elses opinion just isn't relevant?  Why is it that someone of your stature (albeit possibly self perceived) finds a need to convince "rural idiots" of his knowledge/value?

Guest stevenash

Yeah pretty much...If I want advice about selling floors, he would be the first I call!!

The real advantage he has over you is that he actually "knows" his "place"

Guest stevenash

Well, do you know yours? Obviously not, because no one was referring to you in this thread.

Wait.  Don't you remember?  You simply "baited" me in to this like you did on the other thread.  Since I am one of the simple minded and unsophisticated frequentors of this board, I obliged and took the bait.  It is amazing that you have such powers aside from knowing more about basketball than anyone else on this board.  How do you find time to maintain all of these advantages? 

All this talk about peoples places...This is a FORUM, no one is better than anyone else who posts anything. You don't have to agree, but you should respect what someone posts even if you don't like it.  Get back on topic, this is starting to be like the Softball Forum...Ridiculous.  ::)

Guest stevenash

NO! I AM better....You dont understand!  ::) ::) (being sarcastic, for those that feel I am THAT arrogant) ::)

[/qu

ote]

Now why in the world would anybody think you are arrogant?

Todd Sutherland makes a good coach.  He is high school's verison of Duke's Coach K.  Take what Sutherland does, insert multiple layers of passion, mix in a 55-gallon drum of discipline, and poof...average players turn into winners.  He does it year in and year out. 

Any coach who can take AVERAGE players and make them into winners has to have some skills and should be recognized. A lot of coaches don't know how to develop AVERAGE players into their system.

Guest DickVitale

Todd Sutherland makes a good coach.  He is high school's verison of Duke's Coach K.  Take what Sutherland does, insert multiple layers of passion, mix in a 55-gallon drum of discipline, and poof...average players turn into winners.  He does it year in and year out. 

Any coach who can take AVERAGE players and make them into winners has to have some skills and should be recognized. A lot of coaches don't know how to develop AVERAGE players into their system.

So Boutte and Gamble have always had all the talent right? typical SE Texas mentality. I will BET you that the folks in HJ would say Sutherland has done MORE than those guys with "less" talent...And that could not be further from the truth.

Guest stevenash

So Boutte and Gamble have always had all the talent right? typical SE Texas mentality. I will BET you that the folks in HJ would say Sutherland has done MORE than those guys with "less" talent...And that could not be further from the truth.

I sense some bait being thrown out here.  Here is a thought.  Why not look at what these respective coaches did before they got jobs where "talent" was an advantage.  Maybe looking at Sutherlands tenure at East Chambers or West Orange as compared to Bouttes before he got to Lincoln would provide insight.

....just 1 guys opinion....

first of all. no question that all of the best coaches are coaching public high school, because you have to win with what you have.  i saw a coach k comparison earlier.  no offense to him or duke (because i LOVE college hoops), but every kid in america wants to play at schools like that.  it sure makes it easier when all americans are knocking at your door.  let coach k switch with the lamar coach....and then play each other.  talent will make a good coach out of you in a hurry. :)

i think that a good coach is someone that gets kids to buy into a successful system (no matter what it may be), then engrain that system into their brains from early on, and then get those kids to realize and play above their true potential.  after some successful seasons, (and hopefully some luck with good players) then you can end up at places with traditions of excellence and great little league programs....like hj, silsbee, kountze, ozen...etc. because face it.....you have to have just a little help from the kids wearing the jerseys

bacbone I will tell you like I told DV.............maybe one day you will be fortunate enough to work for Todd as one of his assistants!!!!!!!

dats funny....i rather not

You are no different that DV...........pure jealousy!!!!!!!

jealous of what...im good where im at and im not an assistant anymore. so why would i want to be an assistant now. he is a good coach but man yall blowing him up talking bout coach k. dat was funny as ever. put central in 3a and they would be just like HJ

I take responsibility for making the comparison of Todd Sutherland to Duke's Coach K.  Clearly, they're at different levels, but my point was that Todd finds a way most every year, just like Coach K does, to create greatness from a group of very average players.  Now, not every player that has come thru HJ has been average, as some have been better than average, but the majority of the players are, yes, average.  Yet they compete deep into the state playoffs nearly every year.  The title of the thread was "what makes a bad and a good coach?"  I am merely pointing out that whatever and however Todd does every year makes him a good coach.  

I'd be willing to guess that many BISD players would love the opportunity to play for Coach Sutherland.  

Guest spinks

Hold on a second dickie v.  A few weeks ago HJ was average at best and NOW you are swaying your argument saying that the talent is better and the coaching is just ok.  Man you are something else!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed