Svoboda to have tommy john

Guest tigersvoice

Was this the kid in the paper a couple a weeks ago... and by the paper i mean they did a story on him.

Yes, he threw the first no-hitter of the season in this area.

Was this the kid in the paper a couple a weeks ago... and by the paper i mean they did a story on him.

Yes, he threw the first no-hitter of the season in this area.

no-hitter and perfect game, I believe. Hate to hear about an injury, especially to a SR.

Best of luck to this kid and hope he has full recovery. Tough break to say the least.

This surgery is the best surgery to have for a pitcher. Most come back throwing harder than they did before. It will be a hard road ahead, but with some hard work and dedication it could pay off big for him in the long run. Keep your head and fight through the pain, hope of hearing about ya in the future.

One of the most inspirational people for Svoboda to grab on to would be, former West Brook stand out David Murphy (UH).  Sometimes when one door closes on you, and your not ready for it too, some people don't waist time looking for the other open door.........They go head first busting down the one that closed in their face!!  You can do it Nate!!

Hopefully this won't be a end to his baseball career, this surgery is not ' a walk in the park' and neither is the rehab. He's got a hard road ahead of him no dought...

I agree. Obviously great strides have been made regarding Tommy John surgery, still it's not easy and pain-free. The kid has plenty of work ahead. I wish nothing but the best for him.

643...You're not going to believe it. I finally remembered to check out the memorial you were talking about @ AC. That's nice that AC did that...although kinda sad feeling at the same time. I even cleaned some leaves and dirt off that were on the bottom of it.  :) 

Thanks for the report Eagle, I will pass it along to his dad, I remember that nite like it was yesterday. Back to the TJ, NO surgery is good for ANY player, you never hear about the ones who it didnt help, NOT all come back and thro harder and not all get over the surgery. I wonder whos doing it?

not all come back but the majority can.

ScienceDaily (July 14, 2008) — Eighty-three percent of athletes who had "Tommy John" elbow reconstruction surgery were able to return to the same or better level of play, according to a study released today at the 2008 American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes

I'm sure Svoboba is a great competitor and it will be driving at him to comeback stronger!!

I'll agree its better today than it was 10yrs back and for sure more Drs are having good results. My son falls into the 17% that wasn't, but I will say according to the Rangers Dr Conway my son is one of those who have massive scartissue buildup and this can not be helped as its in the genes. Dr James Andrews did my sons elbow 1 week after he did J Smoltzs, there must have been 8-10 other Drs watching the surgery. The rehab after is hard and painfull but hopefully will payoff in the end, all the best to him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami