‘Dogs begin spring football today

Do you understand the "talking points" I'm talking about?  If you do, then you are regurgitating the same as some.  I'm interested in people's opinion on this spring training that has "NEVER" been done before.  How can that have been TALKED about for years?  Stay focused!  But, would love your personal opinion, though.

Talking points?  We've been "TALKING" about this for a couple of years.  As bad as the economy is, it costs you nothing to PAY attention.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Penny

In addition to the talking points, I think Nederland had a bad scrimmage experience last year, so decided to drop it and give their young kids a look in the Spring.  They wound up sharing a scrimmage with two other teams, don't think it's what Neumann wanted.

I appreciate your opinion.  Now for Ned. and fall scrimmages:  Doesn't Neuman have control of who he basically scrimmages and the setup of said scrimmage?  Just curious.

PS - "Talking Points" are someone else's opinions/stances, not your own.

In addition to the talking points, I think Nederland had a bad scrimmage experience last year, so decided to drop it and give their young kids a look in the Spring.  They wound up sharing a scrimmage with two other teams, don't think it's what Neumann wanted.

Hey, Bro, can you read?  I was looking for personal opinions.  Is this yours or you regurgitating the talking points? 

But, hey it's easy to say he's NEVER had this many young ones in all his years there.  Plus, he's NEVER had serious talent BEFORE in the lower classes?  Come on Bro, even someone that drinks the kool-aid can't totally believe that!

Smitty, can you read BRO, been posted several times on this thread and quoted from Neumann himself, that Nederland has SERIOUS talent in the freshman/soph class and the boss wants to see them.  There are no positions earned, until individuals earn em.  It's very simple, Nederland has NEVER had this many young kids who could compete for a starting job at the varsity level.  Neumann wants an early look, kind of like opening your presents on Christmas Eve, but hey, you PNG boys continue the dilusion, be our guest.

;D

I see where you are coming from, Smitty.  Its ironic, that PNG got a GREAT HC, OC, and DC this year and he implemented Spring training for the Indians.  And, then, Nederland decided to do this as well.  I think the posters can "read" into this as they wish.  And, since this IS a public opinion forum, no one should try to dictate the opinion of others.

PNG.............Honor..........Pride.............Tradition..............."Priceless!"

I'm glad someone understands.  ;D  ;D

I see where you are coming from, Smitty.  Its ironic, that PNG got a GREAT HC, OC, and DC this year and he implemented Spring training for the Indians.  And, then, Nederland decided to do this as well.  I think the posters can "read" into this as they wish.  And, since this IS a public opinion forum, no one should try to dictate the opinion of others.

PNG.............Honor..........Pride.............Tradition..............."Priceless!"

I think with the new hire at PN-G, da Dawg faithful is running a little scared.  They can't stay focused for very long.  IMHO.  :)  :)

Oh, jeez, that's the most hilarious thing I've read in a long time.  Man you folks are scratchin for anything nowadays aren't ya.

I think with the new hire at PN-G, da Dawg faithful is running a little scared.  They can't stay focused for very long.  IMHO.   :)  :)

Oh, jeez, that's the most hilarious thing I've read in a long time.  Man you folks are scratchin for anything nowadays aren't ya.

LOL !  ;D

You PNG guys are entitled to your opinion, no matter how skewed and wrong it is...it often amazes me how some over there overvalue their impact...point is, we and many others on this board have been saying for quite some time now that Nederland has more talent coming down the pipe than they have in quite some time...next year's freshman thru junior classes may be some of the best talent Big Ned has had in some time, but only time will bear that out or refute it...this has a direct correlation to why Nederland wants to get an early look at some kids who the coaches may not have had a chance to see as much as they would like and that is MY opinion.

But hey, if the PNG faithful sleep better at night thinking it has something to do with them, then go right ahead...talk about drinking the koolaid.

You PNG guys are entitled to your opinion, no matter how skewed and wrong it is...it often amazes me how some over there overvalue their impact...point is, we and many others on this board have been saying for quite some time now that Nederland has more talent coming down the pipe than they have in quite some time...next year's freshman thru junior classes may be some of the best talent Big Ned has had in some time, but only time will bear that out or refute it...this has a direct correlation to why Nederland wants to get an early look at some kids who the coaches may not have had a chance to see as much as they would like and that is MY opinion.

But hey, if the PNG faithful sleep better at night thinking it has something to do with them, then go right ahead...talk about drinking the koolaid.

::)  Everyone has talent coming thru their systems all the time !!!  PNG has a ton of talent coming up from the Freshman team, and watch out for all the talent coming up from the 8th grade teams !  Heck even our JV from last year has a ton of talent coming up as well !  Man with all the up and coming talent that everyone has I guess we should skip all the games and just play MCM for the state title !  SARCASM !!!!!  Every team has talent coming thru its ranks. Any team can have kids that competed great on the freshman level and jv level but the varsity level is something totally different !  So yeah be happy for what you have coming up but can they handle the pressure and the hits at a higher TALENT level or will they fold ?

...and 66, you are right in that respect, they have to prove themselves, thus the reason for Neumann wanting to get an early look...I believe that in 2009, Nederland will be relying on young talent more than the have in quite some time...we do not know how early success translates into Friday nights, but the past history of these kids indicates the have the ability to be successful...CO Wilson Middle School has not lost a game in 3 years and that includes against your "talented" Indian groups...will this translate into victories on Friday nights?  maybe and maybe not, but time will tell.

my point is, Neumann is NOT having spring practice because PNG is...he is having spring practice because he has a higher volume of young talent than he has had in some time and he wants to evaluate it for himself before they get to August.

...and 66, you are right in that respect, they have to prove themselves, thus the reason for Neumann wanting to get an early look...I believe that in 2009, Nederland will be relying on young talent more than the have in quite some time...we do not know how early success translates into Friday nights, but the past history of these kids indicates the have the ability to be successful...CO Wilson Middle School has not lost a game in 3 years and that includes against your "talented" Indian groups...will this translate into victories on Friday nights?  maybe and maybe not, but tiem will tell.

my point is, Nederland is NOT having spring practice because PNG is...he is having spring practice because he has a higher voume of young talent than he has had in some time and he wants to evaluate it for himself before they get to August.

;

;D  I agree sometimes its better to do just that. I know PNG is doing spring ball for the first time in a long time. Of course our specific reason is obvious. I am beginning to think that alot of teams are moving towards spring ball just for the purpose of seeing what talent they have and what they can do with it. I believe it helps the kids to move into their summer break with a different attitude as well, and lets them know what they have to look forward to when practices begin in the late summer. This may also be an opportunity for those players to weed themselves out who are moving up to a higher level of play who may not be able to hang with it or decide they just don't want to play that particular sport.  But all in all spring ball is more for the coaching staff than anything else. Great opportunity for evaluation and changes !

...and 66, you are right in that respect, they have to prove themselves, thus the reason for Neumann wanting to get an early look...I believe that in 2009, Nederland will be relying on young talent more than the have in quite some time...we do not know how early success translates into Friday nights, but the past history of these kids indicates the have the ability to be successful...CO Wilson Middle School has not lost a game in 3 years and that includes against your "talented" Indian groups...will this translate into victories on Friday nights?  maybe and maybe not, but tiem will tell.

my point is, Nederland is NOT having spring practice because PNG is...he is having spring practice because he has a higher voume of young talent than he has had in some time and he wants to evaluate it for himself before they get to August.

Also I will admit that your CO wilson team was good. I just know that at GMS the talent was there but the coaching wasn't ! At GMS their O line was averaging around 5'10" to 6'1" and all around 190-220 lbs. I know because those boys all spent a ton of time at my house and ate everything that wasn't nailed down. The difference in a average team with talent and a great team with talent is the coaches ability to pull that 110% out of each and every player and have them leave it all on the field. I personnally am glad to see the change at PNG and how it is trickling down to all levels in our system. My son will be a Freshman next year. He just turned 14 and is 6' and comes in around 210 lbs. He just blew thru a size 11 shoe over the last 3 months. I just think that the coaching is much more specific and complete at the high school level. And I look forward to watching our boys put all their talent and capabilities to work on the field with proper coaching ! I believe it will make all the difference in the world as to how they play and succeed ! Lots of good MCM games coming up over the next 4-7 years !!!

PNG's Freshman beat Nederland last year.So the group from undefeated C.O. from two years ago lost as Freshman.PNG's Freshman from two years ago won also, so what. It doesn't mean anything for Friday night, except some "talent" is coming up on both sides. For me to sit here and say because we got a new coach we will automatically start dominating would be crazy.What I will say is that in the past when the two were fairly evenly matched(talent wise), Nederland won on coaching. Neumann is a great coach and built a good program. But, he will have to actually do his homework against from now on. Win or lose it won't come for free, for Spell.

I look forward to some good matchups in the future. Nederland will continue to be a great program.I  just think we will become more consistent. By that I mean year in and year out, not just when we have the right kids to overpower and outmatch as we did in the FEW successful years of the past 7 or 8.

Kinda like how PNG had to get a new scoreboard and stadium renovations?  The scoreboard wasn't part of the bond issue.

Kinda like how PNG had to get a new scoreboard and stadium renovations?  The scoreboard wasn't part of the bond issue.

The scoreboard was in the drawings before Nederland got theres.

That is correct the scoreboard was actually ordered several years back with the option to include a video board later when the bond issue was passed. The scoreboard itself is not new, just upgraded. All that in mind there are many a things that Nederland got and PNG had to have and vice versa. That is a good thing, folks. I am very thankful of our neighbors to the northwest. I think that rivalry has created many an opportunity in both the athletic and academic arenas for our students that might not have been available otherwise. :)

I dont' think the dogs are worried too much about a unproven HC, OC.........etc

Guest Penny

No way, that can't be possible, you must be snorting the talking points too...... This whole line of thinking of completely ridiculous.  Neumann had Spring practices planned before the Press conference created an opening.  Somebody said it best... let the DILUSION continue.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami