SETXsports Baseball Top 10 (May 10, 2009)...FINAL POLL

BC is the No. 1 team until they lose, if they even do through district. Huge game for both them and OF this Friday. We have all said it over and over how it is the other players who will be the biggest difference for the Cats. Can those players step up like they have all year and get key hits against Hicks?

Admin those 20-4A teams are going to flip flop all season long but the top four will remain to be LCM, Nederland, PNG and Vidor. Vidor is on a three game stretch which is PNG, LCM and Nederland. Pirates need to go 2-1. The Pirates need to make sure the Bears don't have too many big innings. That is what the Bears love to do, score 4 or more in a few innings.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest princess

1. BC

2.Nederland

3.PNG

4.OF

5.LCM

6.WB

7.Vidor

8.HF

9.Dayton

10. Lumberton

1.BC

2.Nederland

3.LCM 

4.PNG

5.OF

6.WB

7.Vidor

8.HF

9.Dayton

10. Silsbee

March 29, 2009 Poll

1. Bridge City (15-2-1, 3-0) -Beat WOS 12-0, next Orangefield

2. PN-G (8-8, 4-1) - Beat Lumberton 5-0, next Ozen

3. Nederland (8-7, 4-1) - Beat Livingston 6-1, next Vidor

4. LC-M (12-9, 3-1) - Beat Vidor 4-3, next Lumberton

5. West Brook (9-10, 3-3) - Lost to Channelview 5-1, next Channelview

6. Orangefield (15-5, 2-1) - Lost to Silsbee 9-7, next BC

7. Hamshire-Fannett (14-3, 2-1) - Beat HJ 10-4, next Silsbee

8. Dayton (10-7, 2-3) - Lost to Crosby and Barbers Hill 4-1, 6-0, next Galena Park

9. Vidor (9-5, 3-2) - Lost to LCM 4-3, next Nederland

10. Jasper (10-4, 4-2) - Beat Dibol 5-1, next Center

4 of top 10 go down.

I would think that the Evadale Rebels could get into the top 10 with a 9-2-1 record (6-0) in district having scored over 80 runs in those six games. Monday they mercy ruled Big Sandy 10-0 and on Wednesday the mauled Leggett 22-1.

Hitting and pitching are strengths this year for the Rebels and I believe that they should be able to get a nod into the top 10.

I would think that the Evadale Rebels could get into the top 10 with a 9-2-1 record (6-0) in district having scored over 80 runs in those six games. Monday they mercy ruled Big Sandy 10-0 and on Wednesday the mauled Leggett 22-1.

Hitting and pitching are strengths this year for the Rebels and I believe that they should be able to get a nod into the top 10.

I really don't think Evadale could compete with any of these teams in the Top 10.  They have a good 1A team but as far as Top 10 teams in the area, I don't think so.

I would go for a 1A - 2A list like football, since the question will never be answered on the field.

Admin has said on here before that if someone was willing to come up with a small school top 10 he would post on this thread.  As for the comment "the question will be answered on the field," I believe it was answered last year when Nederland's JV team knocked out your all-state pitcher in the 2nd inning.  Not trying to knock Evadale, just saying that it is difficult for smaller schools to compete with 4a and 5a schools.

we probably would not compete well in 5-A or 4-A

but i think we can compete all day long from 3-A down

again I'm not saying we would beat everyone of these teams but for the most part

we would compete better than some of their district competitors

Try half of 2a down sir because it would not be pretty if yall got on the field with OF BC HF HJ Silsbee and WOS would probally not even be close

i don

again I'm not saying we would beat everyone of these teams but for the most part

Try half of 2a down sir because it would not be pretty if y'all got on the field with OF BC HF HJ Silsbee and WOS would probally not even be close

y'all or out ya minds I'm tell in ya Evadale can play ball

and unless hf has improved i was not impressed just an average ball team well maybe a little better than average

Results of the top 10

1. Bridge City (16-2-1, 4-0) -Beat WOS 12-0, Beat Orangefield 4-2

2. PN-G (9-8, 5-1) - Beat Lumberton 5-0, Beat Ozen 25-0

3. Nederland (9-7, 5-1) - Beat Livingston 6-1, Beat Vidor 4-3

4. LC-M (13-9, 4-1) - Beat Vidor 4-3, Beat Lumberton 7-6

5. West Brook (9-11, 3-4) - Lost to Channelview 5-1, Lost to Channelview 13-3

6. Orangefield (15-6, 2-2) - Lost to Silsbee 9-7, Lost to BC 4-2

7. Hamshire-Fannett (15-3, 3-1) - Beat HJ 10-4, Beat Silsbee 14-4

8. Dayton (11-7, 3-3) - Lost to Crosby and Barbers Hill 4-1, 6-0, Beat Galena Park 6-0

9. Vidor (9-6, 3-3) - Lost to LCM 4-3, Lost to Nederland 4-3

10. Jasper (11-4, 5-2) - Beat Dibol 5-1, Beat Center 18-9

i don

Try half of 2a down sir because it would not be pretty if y'all got on the field with OF BC HF HJ Silsbee and WOS would probally not even be close

y'all or out ya minds I'm tell in ya Evadale can play ball

and unless hf has improved i was not impressed just an average ball team well maybe a little better than average

haha look at our record and who we have played and then say how average we are

Results of the top 10

1. Bridge City (16-2-1, 4-0) -Beat WOS 12-0, Beat Orangefield 4-2

2. PN-G (9-8, 5-1) - Beat Lumberton 5-0, Beat Ozen 25-0

3. Nederland (9-7, 5-1) - Beat Livingston 6-1, Beat Vidor 4-3

4. LC-M (13-9, 4-1) - Beat Vidor 4-3, Beat Lumberton 7-6

5. West Brook (9-11, 3-4) - Lost to Channelview 5-1, Lost to Channelview 13-3

6. Orangefield (15-6, 2-2) - Lost to Silsbee 9-7, Lost to BC 4-2

7. Hamshire-Fannett (15-3, 3-1) - Beat HJ 10-4, Beat Silsbee 14-4

8. Dayton (11-7, 3-3) - Lost to Crosby and Barbers Hill 4-1, 6-0, Beat Galena Park 6-0

9. Vidor (9-6, 3-3) - Lost to LCM 4-3, Lost to Nederland 4-3

10. Jasper (11-4, 5-2) - Beat Dibol 5-1, Beat Center 18-9

Since the top 4 won do we keep it like that?

Orangefield dropped 2, HF won 2, OF has beat HF what do you do?

Vidor dropped 2, Jasper is on a roll and where is Crosby?

For the baseball crowd, give us your top 10.

From Admin

April 5, 2009

1. Bridge City (16-2-1, 4-0) - Cards remain unbeaten in 21-3A after a big win over WO-S and a tight one over OF; BC welcomes HF on Tuesday and HJ on Thursday

2. PN-G (9-8, 5-1) - Tribe continues to roll as they beat Lumberton and Ozen by a combined 30-0 last week; this week the purple and white get Central and then a huge showdown at LC-M on Thursday

3. Nederland (9-7, 5-1) - Dogs beat Livingston and Vidor last week to remain tied at the top of 20-4A; Lumberton and Ozen this week for Big Ned

4. LC-M (15-9, 5-1) - Picked up two 1 run wins over Vidor and Lumberton as well as a nice non-district win over Joshua last week; Da Bears welcome Ozen and PN-G this week to Don Gibbens Field

5. Hamshire-Fannett (15-3, 3-1) - The Horns offense continues to pound the ball as they outscored HJ and Silsbee last week 24-8; Two huge games loom this week as HF travels to BC and OF

6. Jasper (11-4, 5-2) - Dogs jump into the poll after knocking off Diboll and Center last week; Two huge games with Carthage and Hudson this week

7. Orangefield (15-7, 2-2) - Bobcats drop two tough decisions last week to Silsbee and BC and find themselves tied with WO-S for 3rd; Very important week for the 'Cats this week with WO-S and HF on tap

8. Huffman (9-6, 5-0) undefeated in district, Tarkington and Coldspring next

9. West Brook (9-11, 3-4) - Bruins continue to drop in the poll and the standings after losing 2 last week; Lee this week for the Brook

10. Dayton (11-7, 3-3) - The Broncos split last week and sit in the middle of the 19-4A pack; C.E. King and Kingwood Park this week

Barbers Hill, Vidor

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu