Raider Football...........Give me your opinions

What do you think of them?

It is always hard to judge a program trying to get off to a new start. A new coach always brings high hopes and new enthusiasm so maybe Lumberton can make some progress this year and play competitive football. If they can keep it close, then they have a chance to pull off an upset or two. If they can pull off a couple of upsets, then it is possible to.....

No matter what else, there should be new life pumped into the Raiders' faithful this year. Time will tell if they can do something with it. I think they will play some good football at times and make some games interesting. I don't think they are ready to challenge for a playoff spot just yet.

Everyone keeps talking about this new program with a new Coach, What you all fail to realize is that this group has been playing for the same Coach in the same program for five years. The only thing new is that they are playing on Friday night. This is an adjustment I think they will overcome with no problem.

So keep being a nonbeliever if you choose and one game at a time they will change your mind! :!:

Guest airitout123

WOS would be at the top of my list. Lumberton has never done anything and yet we have to continuously read these 'How great Lumbeton is threads.' I am personally tired of them. We all hope LHS does well. Hoewever, until you have risen from the bottom, please do not post these threads regarding LHS's rise to fame.

I will say LHS must have gotten better. When I was in high school, we worked out in just helmets the week we played Lumberton, no pads. We all thought it was strange but I remember our coaches saying, " We are only playing Lumberton, we do not want to get anyone hurt." Our coaches had a lot of integrity and would never have wanted this out. It was the truth though.

Everyone keeps talking about this new program with a new Coach' date=' What you all fail to realize is that this group has been playing for the same Coach in the same program for five years. The only thing new is that they are playing on Friday night. This is an adjustment I think they will overcome with no problem.

So keep being a nonbeliever if you choose and one game at a time they will change your mind! :!:[/quote']

Let's see, the same coach with the same players. There will be no need for an adjustment period since the whole group and coach have been together for five years.

Thank you Lumbertoncajun for leaving no room for excuses. That is a good thing. If Lumberton wins, they deserve credit. If they lose, the excuse makers cannot come out of the woodwork saying that it is a building year and a new coach has to break in the new system, etc.

Everyone keeps talking about this new program with a new Coach' date=' What you all fail to realize is that this group has been playing for the same Coach in the same program for five years. The only thing new is that they are playing on Friday night. This is an adjustment I think they will overcome with no problem.

So keep being a nonbeliever if you choose and one game at a time they will change your mind! :!:[/quote']

Where have I heard this before?? Hmm I am trying to think..anyone know??

Honestly, even though that this group of players has played together since they were "eating glue in pre-k" as someone said, varsity is alot harder than jv and lower. The stats look good on paper, but that is why they still play the game. I see this team going 4-6 or 5-5.

As far as all the doubters from the other schools talking trash on us, I say this to them. If you're team has been the whipping boy of the whole area and then you had something to cheer about, you would probably go a little overboard with it too.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

..................As far as all the doubters from the other schools talking trash on us' date=' I say this to them. If you're team has been the whipping boy of the whole area and then you had something to cheer about, you would probably go a little overboard with it too.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:[/quote']

I have not seen a lot of doubting and trash talking against Lumberton. Quite to the contrary, most people over and over have said that Lumberton will be improved and is heading in the right direction. That is hardly trash talking.

The main obstacle for Lumberton (repeated many times in this forum) is the district that they play in. I know the predicted top five teams are good already and yet one of them may end up with a 3-4 district record or worse. It has nothing to do with how good they are but the number of quality teams in the district.

It is when a couple of Lumberton fans make claims of a playoff run or a championship that they get the responses seen. That is likely the whole intent of the posters anyway, to draw attention to Lumberton and stir up some excitement. That is all part of the fun of forums...but it is hardly trashing Lumberton.

Lumberton will lose to Central, Ozen, Nederland, PNG, and Dayton. They may play one or two close, but a win over any one of the above would be a MAJOR upset. Vidor is dead even and in the same boat as Lumberton. Good team in a great district. LC-M should be a winnable game. With a win over LCM, a 50/50 against Vidor, the best that they will PROBABLY do is 2-5 in district with no playoff.

WOS would be at the top of my list. Lumberton has never done anything and yet we have to continuously read these 'How great Lumbeton is threads.' I am personally tired of them. We all hope LHS does well. Hoewever' date=' until you have risen from the bottom, please do not post these threads regarding LHS's rise to fame.

I will say LHS must have gotten better. When I was in high school, we worked out in just helmets the week we played Lumberton, no pads. We all thought it was strange but I remember our coaches saying, " We are only playing Lumberton, we do not want to get anyone hurt." Our coaches had a lot of integrity and would never have wanted this out. It was the truth though.[/quote']

i am the one that started this thread and i neveer meant for it to be sayin that lumberton is the greatest team out there and we are going to the playoffs. i just wanted to know what people thought about us and i wish the people from lumberton that do get on here and trash talk would never get on again

Good luck hitsquad 07.. dont worry about them people.(.L-town stunner)

How is yalls QB situiation? I remember seeing that yall had two potential starters..Is that still true and if so how is the team responding to having two QB'S?

Dejohn has the starting job at QB but credeur plays recievr when he isnt playin and they switch out throught the course of the game like i have said before they are both really good athletes. but you never know who could end up with the startin position when district starts

and good luck to vidor this year cause i know yall are in about the same boat as us

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder