Who will have the best team in the Triangle next season?

I have to say that both the Hawks and Tigers should have real good teams next year but both have a couple of big starting spots to fill.  H-J's point guard will be back and he has started  playing on another level than what he did early in the year.  They also have starters Turner and Ricossa back.  Silsbee has 5 players coming back that have started all or several games this year plenty of height,  but will be missing an all-state point guard and a great all around player and shooter in Walters.  Not to mention Byars shooting off the bench.  We will definately need someone to grow into a good point,  I believe we have several shooters coming up but not sure how well they will fill the rest of Walters and Robinson's starting roles or Byars spark off the bench.

Guest stevenash

Maybe, maybe not!!!!!!!

well tell me maybe

and tell me why not

Overconfidence, maybe?  Predicting, in very clear and good conscience 25 - 30 point victories nearly everytime?  Failing to give credit where credit is due?  Talking too much trash when you should be concentrating on stopping the opponent instead of realizing that you might actually be motivating him to play at a higher level?

PAM will be the best 5A school in the area, with at least 9 kids back from varsity.

GO MHS! everyone come back except 2 players and only one of those was a Seniors. I'm reserving my room in Austin now. They will understand what it takes, to get to the next level GO TITANS

Guest spinks

I think if Hamshire Fannett play their Freshmen for the 09-2010 and get that varsity experience (beating), they can come back as sophomores and begin to build the program up to notoriety.

Did you see what HJ's freshman did to HF's this year?  While it sounds great to play a whole freshman or sophomore team on varsity there are rarely if ever an entire group of kids ready to play varsity before their junior seasons.  If you look around at schools most have one freshman every 4 or 5 years on varsity and maybe 2 or 3 sophomores a year on varsity and these are at HIGHLY successful basketball schools.  In other words not Hamshire Fannett. HF can do this if they would like but it takes having 4 grades of talented basketball players and selecting the best from each of those 4 grades.  Having a good group of kids will only result in one good year most of the time.  By the way..........I consider a good year a trip to the regional tournament.  Just my opinion.

I think if Hamshire Fannett play their Freshmen for the 09-2010 and get that varsity experience (beating), they can come back as sophomores and begin to build the program up to notoriety.

Did you see what HJ's freshman did to HF's this year?  While it sounds great to play a whole freshman or sophomore team on varsity there are rarely if ever an entire group of kids ready to play varsity before their junior seasons.  If you look around at schools most have one freshman every 4 or 5 years on varsity and maybe 2 or 3 sophomores a year on varsity and these are at HIGHLY successful basketball schools.  In other words not Hamshire Fannett. HF can do this if they would like but it takes having 4 grades of talented basketball players and selecting the best from each of those 4 grades.  Having a good group of kids will only result in one good year most of the time.  By the way..........I consider a good year a trip to the regional tournament.  Just my opinion.

Ah-hh exactly! Hamshire has a good group coming in next year (9th grade). They can probably beat the varsity now.Let them play varsity as 9th graders  and get the experience. Then there are several talented players coming in the next two years to help with the more experienced 11th graders (the future 9th graders). I've experienced it and seen it done.  HF would be a contender by time the next year 9th graders are in the 11th. By 12th grade, the seniors and juniors would win State 3-A :o

Guest spinks

Ah-hh exactly! Hamshire has a good group coming in next year (9th grade). They can probably beat the varsity now.Let them play varsity as 9th graders  and get the experience. Then there are several talented players coming in the next two years to help with the more experienced 11th graders (the future 9th graders). I've experienced it and seen it done.  HF would be a contender by time the next year 9th graders are in the 11th. By 12th grade, the seniors and juniors would win State 3-A :o

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know, there a lot of Hamshire people on here. They see you laughing at our program and not taking us seriously. When I see Sutherland this summer, I'm going to personally tell him we're going to dominate the Hawks in 2-3 years.  8)

Guest spinks

You know, there a lot of Hamshire people on here. They see you laughing at our program and not taking us seriously. When I see Sutherland this summer, I'm going to personally tell him we're going to dominate the Hawks in 2-3 years.  8)

I know how many HF people are on here.  Oh no please do not tell coach Sutherland.  You act like you are going to scare a man who has how many district, regional, and state championships????? Get over yourself and the longhorns until they actually do something.  THAT IS WHEN WE WILL LISTEN!!!!!

have y'all been to the games. ozen will be the best again next year. our freshman team beat silsbee team by ten. the freshman team only lost two games all year long and we had two of our freshman playing varsity basketball. our JV only lost three games and that because many of them guy were called up too varsity. yeah we lose alot on varsity but next years team will be smaller than this one but we will trap more, press more, and get up and down the floor. our incoming freshman class has not lost  a game in three years. we will continue the dynasty over here at the "ozen". we have decarlos back and a couple 20 plus scorer coming back that played on the underneath levels. we might have too coach a little harder but it will only pay off for us when we make our trip too Austin maybe not next year but in the near future. promise you that one.

HJ Freshman beat Silsbee by 30+ two times..........so Ozen Freshman beating them by 10 means nothing!!!

Its easy to say dat silsbee freshman team was garbage,

BTW,i would love to see ozen freshman vs. HJ freshman

Guest hjlonghorn

Silsbee will be loaded. HJ will have some key players and a groupof freshamn to step up. Kountze will be alright. Ozen loses too much. Central has that freshman back next year. Nederland post and other will be back. Cleveland will be the team to beat next year.

What about Hamshire Fannett? It's  in the Golden Triangle too.

Hamshire Fannets basketball will not be good for a while. To much talent on silsbee and hj. Clevelands not in the golden triangle but i say they go deep next year.

It'll likely be HJ-- same as this season.

i doubt it..

I tell you what, unbiased once again, HJ has some serious defenders coming back. They lose a lot of scoring, but you can develop a shooter, you don't just develop defense heart and dominance. (Turner, Ricossa, & Gus)

HJ will be solid.  they were supposed to have a "down year" this season, and they're still playing while all of the area teams predicted to advance sit at home.  they'll lose some studs, just like every single perennial power in the area will.  it's pretty pointless to predict about next season.  any team who makes the playoffs has a chance to advance a long way (see jasper, livingston). 

You gotta like Memorial and Cleveland with the returning players they have.HJ will be all they can be as long as Todd is at the helm.Ozen will realize just how much of their success went to Pt.Arthur.I think Silsbee missed a golden opportunity this year,they will have a tough time filling Shannons shoes.All in all the traditional powers will stay the same locally as long as the coaches stay put.HJ,Silsbee,Kountze,Anahuac,Ozen and Memorial will all win in SETX and they all have coaches I wouldn't bet against.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami