Spurger VS Bremond 3-4-09 @ Huntsville 6:00 pm

Are they playing at Sam Houston or Huntsville High School?I don't know anything about Bremond except they are in the top 20.I think they finished in a 3 way tie in the district with Normangee.If so they will probably be pretty solid.I was impressed with Normagee's depth the other night for a 1-a school.There aren't any bad clubs still playing now,Good Luck Pirates.

How do these teams look?

Bremond is ranked and jut beat Bartlett who was ranked. Spurger is not ranked they just beat Thorndale also ranked.

last year these 2 teams met up at the reginal 1/4 game and spurger won by about 13.

Bremond has speed and size down low. There point guard from last year was a Jr or Sr and he ran the show. If he is back they only got better from last year returning 4 starters.

Spurger returns 2 starters and plays fundamental ball.

Guest THE SCOUTER

I'm rooting for the Pirates in this one, but during the regular season the highest they beat HD by was 7, and Bremond won by 12. it's going to be close, but unfortunately I have to say Bremond by 5. Good luck Pirates. Hope you prove me wrong.

That has nothing to do with this up coming game. Any team can be beaten on any given night.

i say Bremond wins this one they are too athletic for spurger

Nothing new to this team,most teams they have faced this year has been more athletic

than them.( it dont seem to bother the guys or the coach for that matter,to them in my eyes, its

about the X's and O's and fundamental basketball) Spurger will be ready and will be another close one.

GOOD LUCK PIRATES ;) ;) ;)

At 8PM on Friday February 27th, Willis High School. Willis TX was the place to be as 2 time defending champion Thorndale looked to continue its run to a third straight title. With a couple of quick, strong floor leaders, Thorndale was counting on the Pirates to be nervous and walk the plank. What they didn't count on was the size of the heart in our athletes. These pirates had no intention of giving up the ship. They had battled too long and too hard to get to this point. Spurger drew first blood and an early first quarter lead was soon stretched to a 9 point game at halftime. In the tough third quarter though, Thorndale began to show why they are called the Bulldogs and the 2 time defending state champion. They scratched. They clawed. They growled. They forced turnovers. They capitalized on easy baskets and with just 5:00 minutes to go in the game, the once double digit lead had dwindled to a 5 point game. It would grow even closer. As the Bulldogs closed in on their prey, the more than 200 Spurger fans who had traveled nearly 2 hours to witness this victory were not to be denied. As their Pirates settled in for the final 1:46 of hand to hand combat, the fans set course to drown out the Bulldog crowd and sail home to victory with their team. Coach Isaacs and his team too set out to finish off the Thorndale Bulldogs. Shain Rawls and Daniel Blankenship continuously stepped forward not only to sink free throws but the hopes of the Bulldog faithful. As the final seconds ticked away the Thorndale Bulldog's bark had turned to a mere whimper. You could almost hear the legendary broadcaster Howard Cosell screaming into his microphone "Down goes Thorndale! Down goes Thorndale!" as Coach Isaacs, the Pirate athletes and fans once more shared the sweet taste of victory.

The Area Champion Spurger Pirates will look next to tame the Bremond Tigers at 6PM on Wednesday March 4th at Huntsville HS in Huntsville, Tx. The Tigers who lost to our Pirates last year will be out to cage our team so we need once more for Spurger to be a ghost town on Wednesday night.

Come join the Top Row Rowdies and root our team to victory.

I haven't seen Bremond since we played them last year but gotta go with my boys!!!!They keep proving that they can beat all kinds of teams.  Smart coach....smart players.

Spurger by 8 

Let's take it to state boys!!!!!!!!!!We're behind you all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D;)

I'm rooting for the Pirates in this one, but during the regular season the highest they beat HD by was 7, and Bremond won by 12. it's going to be close, but unfortunately I have to say Bremond by 5. Good luck Pirates. Hope you prove me wrong.

Where did u get ur calculations from?  This season Spurger beat HD in Spurger 69-56 ( thats by 13 ) & then 63-59 in HD (thats by 4). Pirates will be out to prove u, token white guy, and whomever else is a non-believer wrong.  And on another note I believe that the Spurger Pirates are very thankful for their fan support so far on this journey.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed