PNG Football

mjones830

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happen to work at one of those facilities so I do know first hand what all has been done to clean up the air and I also know what systems are in place to keep it clean!

The air at the Reservation is no worse then the air at Nederlands stadium or Memorials or WOS. Is it worse than the air at Ausitn area Hs stadiums? Sure. but to single out the Reservation within our area is bunk!

Chill out I know we all live in this funk. How dare me slander the holy reservation(even if it is cursed). But it is the only one I can think of in a tank farm. ;D

Last time I checked we the tax payers were paying for the stadium not any of the plants. I wish they would give us millions, then we could've built one as high as the rainbow bridge. That way we could show our A$$ to 77 and tell him to kiss it. ;D

Now, That was FUNNY!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I happen to work at one of those facilities so I do know first hand what all has been done to clean up the air and I also know what systems are in place to keep it clean!

The air at the Reservation is no worse then the air at Nederlands stadium or Memorials or WOS. Is it worse than the air at Ausitn area Hs stadiums? Sure. but to single out the Reservation within our area is bunk!

Chill out I know we all live in this funk. How dare me slander the holy reservation(even if it is cursed). But it is the only one I can think of in a tank farm. ;D

What team do you support 77?  Or, are you jealous? Or, you just can't stand the fact that good things are happening for the Indians?

OK I apologize the res has the cleanest air I have ever breathed I will not disrespect it again, and the view of the tank farm is beautiful. ;D

And to think I pay 4000 a year in taxes to live by these beautiful plants   :(. You would think my taxes would be cheaper with the plants tax money, but we can thank robin hood for that. Actually the tax payers are paying for the stadium.

Guest Brubaker

The Stadium, two AD's, two Coordinators, and repeat video equipment.... hope there's some W's in there... PNG is PAYING FOR THEM.  I'll never complain about what I'm paying for with Neumann again... what a freakin bargain... he just wins.

OK I apologize the res has the cleanest air I have ever breathed I will not disrespect it again, and the view of the tank farm is beautiful. ;D

And to think I pay 4000 a year in taxes to live by these beautiful plants   :(. You would think my taxes would be cheaper with the plants tax money, but we can thank robin hood for that. Actually the tax payers are paying for the stadium.

$4000 thats awful with all the industry. I know WOS is lower because of chemical row.

Last time I checked cardinal Stadium (home of the Ozen Panthers) is actually in a Tank Farm!

The Stadium, two AD's, two Coordinators, and repeat video equipment.... hope there's some W's in there... PNG is PAYING FOR THEM.  I'll never complain about what I'm paying for with Neumann again... what a freakin bargain... he just wins.

Actually Nederlands Athletics budget for 2008 was reported around 1.3 million. The PNG budget was reported around 700K. The recent additions to the budget still put us well below what Nederland is spending on Athletics. Which I think is one reason that the board has been so giving! Gotta spend money to make money. HS football is a business and Nederland has marketed well!

Last time I checked cardinal Stadium (home of the Ozen Panthers) is actually in a Tank Farm!

You are correct.

If you lived in Nederland back in the early 70's, you were taxed on the vehicles that you owned.  I was dating my ex then and he lived in Nederland.  Didn't take him long to cross over to other side of the old hump by the skating rink.

If you lived in Nederland back in the early 70's, you were taxed on the vehicles that you owned.  I was dating my ex then and he lived in Nederland.  Didn't take him long to cross over to other side of the old hump by the skating rink.

Makes sense now, just a little before my time.

1.3 mill?  Sounds a bit much to me.  But I guess what are taxpayers for?!   I also understand the district's wanting more.  26 mill more from what I'm hearing.  Ouch!!

:(  :(  :(

Actually Nederlands Athletics budget for 2008 was reported around 1.3 million. The PNG budget was reported around 700K. The recent additions to the budget still put us well below what Nederland is spending on Athletics. Which I think is one reason that the board has been so giving! Gotta spend money to make money. HS football is a business and Nederland has marketed well!

Guest Brubaker

Smitty, I think your facts are about as accurate as usual.  The bond presentation I saw had less than 5% alotted for any sort of athletics.  I don't think the total bond is $400mil?  This bond is about new schools.

Why do other communities hammer on those that better themselves?  I don't live in PNG district but if they deem it important to better their facilities then good for them.  It can only make this entire area more attractive for playoffs which bring in dollars to the entire area.  I live about 30 miles away from PNG but if they make their stadium better then some of it may just trickle down to my community.  I'm never gonna bash the other man for improving what he has.  And from someone that lives in an "industry heavy" community I'm not gonna say anything about the smell.  To me it smells like money.  There is always a price to be paid for industry and jobs.  Most communities will kill for it.  Don't let em fool ya.

PNG Guys-  You got something good going. Don't let the negatives get you down.  Be proud of what ya got and where you're going. 

Why do other communities hammer on those that better themselves?  I don't live in PNG district but if they deem it important to better their facilities then good for them.  It can only make this entire area more attractive for playoffs which bring in dollars to the entire area.  I live about 30 miles away from PNG but if they make their stadium better then some of it may just trickle down to my community.  I'm never gonna bash the other man for improving what he has.  And from someone that lives in an "industry heavy" community I'm not gonna say anything about the smell.  To me it smells like money.  There is always a price to be paid for industry and jobs.  Most communities will kill for it.  Don't let em fool ya.

PNG Guys-  You got something good going. Don't let the negatives get you down.  Be proud of what ya got and where you're going. 

Thanks Bear.....no need to worry.....PNG is on the comeback, the "naysayers" just need to take a seat and enjoy the ride!  ;D

Smitty, I think your facts are about as accurate as usual.  The bond presentation I saw had less than 5% alotted for any sort of athletics.  I don't think the total bond is $400mil?  This bond is about new schools.

If you are referring to the Nederland Bond, it is almost $121 million with less than 2% of that going towards stadium improvements...this bond is mostly about replacing old and outdated schools that the district is already spending a ton of money on for repairs and maintenance...hopefully the citizens of Nederland see the need for progress in our community and get this thing passed.

Thanks for the kind words bear.

Bru, don't get so defensive.  You must be a partaker of taxpayer funds.  Did I change gears too fast for you?  I was talking about 1.3 Mill being a bit much for athletics.  Then I said the district is asking for 26 Mill more through a bond issue.  Everyone knows it's district wide.  I was talking in terms of the district wanting more blood from the taxpayer.  I apologise.  I'll slow down next time.   Is     This     Better ? ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics