cody green looking good!

dayton

I also saw today where last years backup qb at Nebraska is transferring now Cody Green looks like he will start next year as his only competition will be another true fr and a redshirt fr.

I didn't know they had another true freshmen coming in with this class. Spano and I think Lee are the last names of the competitors. Was it Witt that left???

I also saw today where last years backup qb at Nebraska is transferring now Cody Green looks like he will start next year as his only competition will be another true fr and a redshirt fr.

I didn't know they had another true freshmen coming in with this class. Spano and I think Lee are the last names of the competitors. Was it Witt that left???

Witt did leave...I believe the competition will come down to Green and Spano.  Either way, a kid from Texas will start at QB for Nebraska next year!

StevieRay, you're forgetting about Zac Lee. He would be the most likely choice to be the starter.  He's been in the program for three years now.  From everything I've read, Cody Green will likely be the #2 guy now with Witt transferring.  I'm not saying Cody can't beat Lee out but he's at a distinct disadvantage only having spring ball before the season starts.  I would rather Cody redshirt, but with Witt gone that is unlikely. Most are saying that Spano will be the odd man out. He was just unlucky being recruited between two QB's that are better than him.

StevieRay, you're forgetting about Zac Lee. He would be the most likely choice to be the starter.  He's been in the program for three years now.   From everything I've read, Cody Green will likely be the #2 guy now with Witt transferring.  I'm not saying Cody can't beat Lee out but he's at a distinct disadvantage only having spring ball before the season starts.  I would rather Cody redshirt, but with Witt gone that is unlikely. Most are saying that Spano will be the odd man out. He was just unlucky being recruited between two QB's that are better than him.

Don't count Mr. Spano out, that kid can flat out play....

does green have a solid shot to play next year?

From what I read on Nebraska boards... most think he will RS which I think would be in his best interest. I'm sure he's having to learn a complicated system and on top of that, he won't turn 18 until June. I hope that he gets a year of learning, maturing and really strengthening that ankle. IMO, that will make him the most successful.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the hidden content, please

more videos from spring practice..... Zac Lee is #3 and is the presumed starter. Pelini says everyone will compete, but Zac is the definite front runner. Kody Spano (#7 I think) of Stephenville is also ahead of Green according to most of the speculators. We'll see.... good to see cody out there!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder