Pn-g vs. Nederland (girls) this coming tuesday.

soccerfan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice writeup  about this gamehere.

It should be pretty exciting.  Somehow, I believe PNG wins this one though.  Either way, it should be a well fought game.  Good luck to both teams!

after everything i had heard about port neches i expected them to win.

but honestly i was a little let down i wasnt actually truely impressed by them

theyre first goal was a good goal, an amazingly placed shot right in the top corner from outside the box but with that said it was easily preventable if the team they were playing would mark up

theyre good and should get a few rounds into playoffs but i wouldnt say theyre the best offense ever in southeast texas

i can see why you were let down. True, nederland made it easy for them to score. But last night was not Pn-G's best game in my opinion. They played good enough to win, but not their game. Their true play showed when they played the type of teams that they played in the longview tournament. But when they played nederland, they lowered to nederlands level of play. They didn't play their best. But it was a good game.

If they win their district, PNG will quickly run into Brenham, and that end their playoff run.

I disagree.. I dont think Png's playoffs aren ending with Brenham this year. Or friendswood. This year is a year Pn-G has the same level of skill as these teams, cedar hill is ranked close to friendswood if im not mistaken. And PnG actually beat cedar hill 3-0.. and that was just in Pre-Season, now district is almost over, and here come playoffs. Brenham's in for it this year with PnG, its a whole new team. Png may be considered the "underdog" based on the past years- but again, if im not mistaken.. the underdog usually tends to come out on top.

Here's an article from the Galveston County News:     Mustangs get .500 record

By Corey Roepken

The Daily News

Published February 12, 2009

FRIENDSWOOD — The Friendswood High School girls soccer team is the class of all 4A teams in Region III, but so far this season the Lady Mustangs feel like they’re barely passing their tests.

It took until Tuesday’s District 24-4A opener against Texas City — a 3-0 victory — for Friendswood to get its overall record to .500 for the first time.

The Mustangs (6-6-2) began the season with an 0-3-1 performance at the Dallas Highland Park Tournament that featured the best 4A teams in Texas.

Coach Laura Peter said the team has struggled with injuries and illnesses, but mostly inconsistency and a lack of finishing have been the biggest areas of blame.

“The seniors are as frustrated as I have been,†Peter said. “They know we haven’t played our best at times. They expect a lot out of themselves.

“We just don’t know what else to do.

No wonder we haven't heard much from FF.      :D :D :D

Brenham is nowhere near being at the same level as Friendswood.  Having said that, Brenham is much much better than PNG.  We are talking about the same PNG team that lost to Texas City, right?

NO we definately are not. i dont know where you got the assumption that png lost to texas city, because PnG beat them 4-0. So, having said that, Brenham is not "much mych better than PnG"- i think it's going to be the other way around this year.

Brenham is nowhere near being at the same level as Friendswood.  Having said that, Brenham is much much better than PNG.  We are talking about the same PNG team that lost to Texas City, right?

NO we definately are not. i dont know where you got the assumption that png lost to texas city, because PnG beat them 4-0. So, having said that, Brenham is not "much mych better than PnG"- i think it's going to be the other way around this year.

This is interesting. Looks like friendswood cant tough it out. PnG along with other teams in this area has had injuries and ilnesses, and i dont see their coach making excuses for them. But then again, they havent had enough failure to need to make excuses :)

The often disappointing Coach LP doesn't earn any points for making excuses.  And, truthfully, the FHS girls are down this year as compared to recent years.  But, they are still light years better than any other 4A team in Region 3.  In the region, the hierarchy at the 4A level is FHS, then teams like Brenham, Waco Midway and Santa Fe, and then the rest of the pre...um contenders.

Again, this is the same PNG team that lost to Texas City???  And, they are the cream of the crop in East Texas?        

The often disappointing Coach LP doesn't earn any points for making excuses.  And, truthfully, the FHS girls are down this year as compared to recent years.  But, they are still light years better than any other 4A team in Region 3.  In the region, the hierarchy at the 4A level is FHS, then teams like Brenham, Waco Midway and Santa Fe, and then the rest of the pre...um contenders.

Again, this is the same PNG team that lost to Texas City???  And, they are the cream of the crop in East Texas?        

sounded like he said PNG beat Texas City 4-0.

AGAIN.. NO.

This is the PnG team that beat Texas City 4-0,

and it appears the FHS team only beat them 3-0?

hmmm, so what happened to the superstar FHS in this game? was everyone just too sick and hurt?

and yes, to answer your question, Png is the cream of the crop coming from here..obviously^^^

as stated ..the FHS girls may be "down compared to recent years"- well, the Png girls ARE HIGHER compared to recent years. Just goes to show its not about what the schools name is, or the location. But rather it's about the PLAYERS, and the SKILL... SOO, looks like friendswood may be in for a schock this year.. because i know one thing's for sure. With a new season comes new and improved teams, players, skill, formation, etc. 

Just let the rich guy go on with his business... We all know PNG would beat Friendswood if they played... There I said it, now FFan, get over it...

I'm glad someone has some sense :D

He just won't understand until its game time.

Then we'll see who is "light years ahead"

wont we?

Just let the rich guy go on with his business... We all know PNG would beat Friendswood if they played... There I said it, now FFan, get over it...

b-b-but they're friendswood!

hahaa.. i love it,

"we're friendswood and we're just the best team in texas because.. well we're friendswood and we just areee and we just always have been..bla bla bla"

:D :D :D

well they sure have something new coming for them, now dont they?

I'm glad someone has some sense :D

He just won't understand until its game time.

Then we'll see who is "light years ahead"

wont we?

He just won't give up... They are .500 and he is still making the claim they are the best team ever...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01