Hardin-Jefferson at Liberty 6:30pm

Pasadena Dobie at Barbers Hill 5pm

Kirbyville at Jasper 6:30pm

Tarkington at Kountze 4pm

Colmesneil at Hardin 4pm

Saturday, February 21

Buna & Splendora at Orangefield 10am

Anahuac at Evadale 10am

BC and LCM were fairly evenly matched this evening.  Two exceptional teams.

BC shined in the base running department: they were stealing bases at will--one fast group of youngsters.

Both teams had a HR--Rhodes pumped it over for BC, but I did not get the name of the Bear that put one over the fence.

A good beneficial scrimmage for both!

(Sorry, I see I was corrected.  I did not see the whole scrimmage and relayed some misunderstood info unintentionally).

Moral, Don't arrive late and leave early and also post  ;D...What I have seen thus far is that BC is a premium 3A program in this early part of the season.

Jasper looked better tonight with a drop to 2a ball vs 4a. The bats came alive and the pitching was sharp,with starters going 3 innings each.  The defense turned several timely double plays and picked off a few runners keeping potential rallies at bay. The wind was blowing in and that kept several well hit balls in play that would have been for extra bases( or longer ) on most nights. Kirbyville will do okay in district with a steady diet of 2a pitching. 

Guest patriot117

Goose Creek Memorial    10

Aldine Nimitz                  0

Solid pitching from Freshman Michael Martinez and Jr. Mason Ball. Patriots were led at the plate by Ball and Jr. Taylor O'Conner. Nimitz was not that sound defensively and the young Patriots took advantage of their miscues.

Goose Creek Memorial    4

Magnolia                    1

More solid pitching from Soph. Price Jacobs, Jr. Cody Butler, and Freshman Chance Czerwonka. Played some "small ball" and scraped out some runs against solid pitching from the highly ranked Magnolia team. Regardless of how long the Magnolia studs played, a good scrimmage victory for the Goose.

Season opener Tuesday @ GCM vs DeKaney.

Dayton/Huffman was a "situational" scrimmage but Dayton pitching looked pretty solid Smesny, Walters, and Kolarik faced a total of 18 batters--Kolarik struggled early w/first two but finished strong--Smesny/Walters gave up no hits and had 9 Ks on 13 batters

Evadale 9 HJs jv 5 this was a very encouraging scrimmage

played 4 complete innings and let them bat 9 straight outs at the end so he pitched every one.

made a few errors but for three days practice i for one am very encouraged

looks like a good year. Landis hit a hommer #1 for the year

G  O      R  E  B  E  L  S 

Guest BC boy 17

BC shined in the base running department: they were stealing bases at will--one fast group of youngsters.

Both teams had a HR--Rhodes pumped it over for BC, but I did not get the name of the Bear that put one over the fence.

i dont remember LCM hitting any homeruns but i know BC had 3

three hr's in the game, BC's Matt Hubbard, Dylan Mulholan and Luke Rhodes

three hr's in the game, BC's Matt Hubbard, Dylan Mulholan and Luke Rhodes

There are a couple of "Matts" on the team, but "Matt Hubbard" is Blake Hubbard's dad, I am guessing Blake hit the homer.   ;)

How did the Bobcats do this morning? Sorry Cat fans, had a long night with the Lady Cats and couldn't make it. It is baseball season now though.

Would still like to know how OF looked today

well both teams had a few cobwebs to work out and both teams work probably 4 pitchers including Peavy hitting his cousin Hillin lol which got a good laugh from both teams and spectators. I think Buna came out ahead by a few runs but it was only a scrimmage.

How did the Bobcats do this morning? Sorry Cat fans, had a long night with the Lady Cats and couldn't make it. It is baseball season now though.

Would still like to know how OF looked today

well both teams had a few cobwebs to work out and both teams work probably 4 pitchers including Peavy hitting his cousin Hillin lol which got a good laugh from both teams and spectators. I think Buna came out ahead by a few runs but it was only a scrimmage.

There was some talk that Spendora was coming over to have sort of a round-robin scrimmage. Did they show?

Spendora declined to come afraid it would rain.  Buna and OF played a few more innings.  All the kids got to play some.  Changing spots and hitting. It was a nice day and letting the coaches move the boys around.  Although Buna got more runs you really can't tell about how the teams will do from that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed