Jasper's HC Vacancy..Will Hire Tonight!!!!!!!

Bulldog92

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard they were looking at McAngus from Justin Northwest.  If that is the case , you can kiss the other sports programs goodbye.  Especially baseball.  He couldn't get along with the baseball coaches there.  He is not going to want to teach and they can't offer him the money he gets in Justin.

I heard they were looking at McAngus from Justin Northwest.  If that is the case , you can kiss the other sports programs goodbye.  Especially baseball.  He couldn't get along with the baseball coaches there.  He is not going to want to teach and they can't offer him the money he gets in Justin.

It wouldn't make sense for Brooks to bring in someone like that. From what I know of him (Brooks), it would be WAY out of character to take a risk like that.

Town with the Letter G... could be..  Jasper school vehicle was there early this week...

I Talked to one of the board members and i dont Mr. W.T. from Newton is going to get It from what he told me.

My sources have told me that also.

Is any of the Coach's that made the final cut are from a school that starts with the Letter G.

If trends hold true, a local pick is the best bet.  However, Jasper needs a big change, beginning with someone from outside the local area.  Let the new head coach build his own team of coaches.  The two best coaches Jasper has had since Moffet were Walkoviak and Lauve.  They weren't popular because of personalities but they could win and they could prepare for any opponent unlike any other coach except perhaps Dan Hooks, Curtis Barbay and Alex Durley.  This should prove to be an interesting pick. 

If trends hold true, a local pick is the best bet.  However, Jasper needs a big change, beginning with someone from outside the local area.  Let the new head coach build his own team of coaches.  The two best coaches Jasper has had since Moffet were Walkoviak and Lauve.  They weren't popular because of personalities but they could win and they could prepare for any opponent unlike any other coach except perhaps Dan Hooks, Curtis Barbay and Alex Durley.  This should prove to be an interesting pick. 

Good post. Sounds like you know your Bulldog football. I've posted that I'd prefer Johnston based on his strong connections to Barbay and Walkoviak, but I can see where you're coming from. It'll be interesting to see whose name emerges from the hat and what anyone there knows about him. Welcome aboard. It's always good to have knowledgeable Bulldog fans on the website.  ;D

Man, you are going W-A-Y back to Durley, then Moffet!  ;D 

Man, you are going W-A-Y back to Durley, then Moffet!   ;D 

You're not kidding. That's before I was even born...:)

Okay, which town with a G are we talking about?

Based on previous reports:

Garland definitely fits Dallas "area"

Ganado could fit Houston "area"

Gonzales could fit SA "area"

That's the one i was told that the new coach was from Gonzales but I have no name can anyone get a name a put it with the list of all the app.

With a new Coach comeing in and him not getting a true off season with his new team. Can Our Jasper Bulldogs Compete with the other team's in 18 3A man I truly hope so.

As long as someone's running strength and conditioning, we should be fine. I'm not sure what they're allowed to do football-wise right now anyway.

What is the problem with selecting a coach.  To me this is not a great sign of things to come from the new superintendent, this is the first big decision since he has been hired and it has taken 3 months when other schools can get the entire process done in 3-4 weeks.  There are alot of people lives being affected by this and it should not take this long.  I will be very suprised if something is done tomorrow, will be more like next friday than this friday.  It is almost like they are trying to drag this out just so they can get people to continue to talk about it, and i guess it is working because here i am talking about it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• No offense, but both sides do it.  The Rs in Texas want to do away with decades of precedent and demand that Dems are no longer given chair positions on any committees in the Tx House. It sounds reasonable enough, until you arrive at a point when the Ds enjoy a single seat majority in the house, select the most leftist speaker of all times, and the refuse to give Rs any say in the legislative process by refusing to give them any committee chairs.     Experience has shown me that any time a party seeks to consolidate power in a legislative body, it backfires.    What I don’t like is a world where we cheer for Manchin for doing his own thing, but also re-elect guys like Paxton and Patrick when they make threats to R Legislators if they don’t do exactly what the Radical Right demands. Our Rep here in Hardin County lost his spot for voting against private school vouchers-his wife is a teacher. He also voted his conscience on the Paxton impeachment.  It cost him his seat…. Not because of the will of the voters in his district, but because if millions of outside dollars pumped into the race from outside the district and even an endorsement of his unknown challenger by Donald Trump himself.    Why do people like you applaud Manchin for being his own man and then vote against Phelan for doing the same thing?
    • We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
  • Topics