BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY

WHO IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY ?

• UCONN
    • DUKE
    • OKLAHOMA
    • PITT
    • NORTH CAROLINA
    • WAKE FOREST

Guest DickVitale

I have been a big Duke fan since I was a kid, so my vote goes there, BUT....To be honest, UNC (cough, cough) really does have the best team...They stumbled early but they are now putting it back together. They have all the right pieces to bring them a title. OU is formidable, but I question their backcourt at times, and the decisions. Warren is good, but at times plays like a freshman, and come tourney time that could hurt.  I would not sleep on Wake Forest either. UCONN will lose early in the tournament...second round...write it down!  ;)

Guest baseball25

UNC best team......THey struggled bec they had some key players get hurt....but now they are on a mission.....Also it helps when you play in a conf that is 8 teams deep that could make the tourney.....

AWESOME!!!  UNC seems to have it now, but anything can happen in the next few Weeks....Pitt trounced West Va last night....they have UC (CINN) comming up..they have retribution from the FB season to pay back...then they have 2 games vs UCONN yet.....I think the BIg East is so strong..not sure if UNC could survive there.

Trisk

Guest aschrapps

texas really? they arent in the same class as north carolina or connecticut so lets just stop that. and for the love of god can we have one thread that doesnt talk about silsbee or hj

Guest aschrapps

wow these are the naive fans that drive me crazy. TEXAS IS STRUGGLING. Oklahoma has the best player in the county. what makes you think texas will win. i mean really people get a clue

if UCONN still had dyson it would be them.. but my pick is going to the overall best team and that would be Pittsburgh or Memphis...

Pittsburgh have studs in Blair and Young, also when Fields is balling they are unstoppable.. I like Pittsburgh to get a number 1 seed but i think they will lose in the sweet 16..

Memphis-  Hate them or not Defense wins championships. Evans is the best Freshman in the Country and they love that transition basketball when they get it they score don't know what seed they will get but they are final four bound..

you beat oklahoma without blake griffin wow

we beat OU.  what do you want?  you basically said it was impossible, and told a texas fan to "get a clue" when he predicted Texas to win.  Texas won.  quit making excuses.  Texas owned him while he was in the game anyway.  it's certainly not Texas' fault that he got concussed when Pittman barely grazed his face with an open hand.  I guess the win doesn't count since griffin was hurt.  if that's the case, we should give Texas the win since they were playing without Augustin and Durant.  if they had been available to play, Texas would've won by 20, Griffin or no Griffin. 

Guest aschrapps

you are truly ignorant thats like saying memphis would be unstoppable this year with derrick rose and tyreke evans...or north carolina would just be destroying people with brandan wright....Durant and Augustin are in the PROS....griffin played 11 minutes if you honestly think you would have owned him the whole game than your truly ignorant

you are truly ignorant thats like saying memphis would be unstoppable this year with derrick rose and tyreke evans...or north carolina would just be destroying people with brandan wright....Durant and Augustin are in the PROS....griffin played 11 minutes if you honestly think you would have owned him the whole game than your truly ignorant

The amount of grammatical and spelling errors in your post are a pretty good indicator of who's actually "truly ignorant." It's also "truly ignorant" of you to miss my point, which is that it's pointless to play "what if" with the score, as Texas still gets credit for the win.  it doesn't do any good to say "they would've won with Griffin", as he couldn't play.  If you want to play that game, Texas fans might as well blame all of their losses this season on Durant and Augustin being in the pros.  Other teams should not get any credit for beating Texas, because they would've won if they'd had AJ and Kevin.  That's not how it works, and seeing as you're apparently the website's college hoops expert, you should know that a win against the #2 team in the nation is still a major accomplishment for the horns, whether or not Griffin was in or not.  I realize that you really just want to feel superior to other people, but you've been "truly ignorant" on this thread.  Here's the timeline of events:

February 20, 2009, 07:23:31   scooter! predicts a longhorn win.

February 20, 2009, 11:54:51 PM you essentially call scooter! an idiot for predicting the horns to win.

February 21, 2009, 08:57:55 PM The longhorns win.

February 22, 2009, 03:03:46 I call you out on it.

February 22, 2009, 07:07:07 PM You make an excuse.

February 22, 2009, 08:55:14 I call you out on it.

February 22, 2009, 09:37:54 You call me "truly ignorant" twice.

Right now  I'm calling you out on it.

Guest aschrapps

how was i calling scooter an idiot? your just making that up. Texas WAS STRUGGLING coming into the game there is no denying that and I predicted Oklahoma to win based on the fact that Blake Griffin was going to play Im sure i wasnt the only one who predicted that. He didn't play Texas won. It is a totally different argument on someone being hurt and someone being in the pros. That like saying ohio state would be the most dominant team in the country this season with Oden, Conley, Cook, Koufos and company. Come selection sunday if you think texas sitting on the bubble and the fact that they beat oklahoma without blake griffin doesnt get factored in than your nuts. Sorry by the way I didnt know i wasnt allowed to offer my opinion never said I was Digger Phelps

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124