5 Random Things about Baseball

1. suspended last day of my senior year, got caught drinking beer at dome on a student gov trip.

2. wore blue jeans in little league

3. struck out with bases loaded in 12 yr old allstar game to end the game

4. coached or just made lineup, some would say, of a 16 yr old world series championship team

5. broke down on way to ruston, la.,  old man on porch helped me out. he was Lou Brock's uncle. we talked for 2 hours about

baseball and Lou, hated to leave.     

# 5 is pretty dang cool!

1. suspended last day of my senior year, got caught drinking beer at dome on a student gov trip.

4. coached or just made lineup, some would say, of a 16 yr old world series championship team

5. broke down on way to ruston, la.,  old man on porch helped me out. he was Lou Brock's uncle. we talked for 2 hours about

# 5 is pretty dang cool!

Those stories are what makes baseball the best. Old stories like that from other sports cannot compare.

# 5 is pretty dang cool!

Those stories are what makes baseball the best. Old stories like that from other sports cannot compare.

Who says?

More :

1)  I was the only 12 y/o on Little League team that went 0 - 14.

2)  I coached a  Little League City Playoff game where my son struck out 18 (in 6 innings) and we LOST !

3)  My HS coach told me , he was the only coach in the district that didn't think I deserved "All District" (I got Honorable Mention)

4)  At a Select World Series in St. Louis, they sold canned Budweisers for a dollar. After a rain delay, several of us dads decided that if your son got a hit you had to buy a round. From what I was told, my son had 5 hits in 4 AB.

5)  I hit a HR in Little League Opening Day 1969, it made the opposing pitcher cry. I work with that guy now. (I won't bring it up with him)

# 5 is pretty dang cool!

Who says?

Oh I say buddy, I say!!  :D

1. My favorite Astro memory: In 1986 me and a buddie of mine watched a total of 37 innings of baseball between the Astros and Dodgers in less than 24 hours. We watched a 21 inning marathon on Saturday night then came right back for the 1pm Sunday game that went 16 innings. We got 4 games for the price of 2.

2. The worst thing that has happened to baseball is not steriods. It was when all the ballparks stopped serving beer after the 7th inning.

3. I was on vacation with my wife in San Fran and I went to the Oakland Athletics FanFest. I got to hit BP on the field and took fly balls against the wall. I also took my swings at a pitching simulator that had me facing Clemens, Ryan, Eckersly, and Glavin. I made contact on Eck and Glavin, wiffed on Clemens and Ryan.

4. I have an autograph baseball of Nolan Ryan. I also have an autograph baseball, hat, and photo of Roger Clemens, anyone want them?

5. My dad and I always go to the state basketball tournament but we always found time to take a break from the basketball tourney and go over to catch a Longhorn baseball game at Disch-Faulk. I enjoyed wearing my Aggie garb while attending.

1. In 1968, Red Schoendienst took me to the St.Louis Cardinal dressing room and made the entire team sign my program. He was watching Don Wilson warm up before the game and thought the usher was rude to me. I was eight years old. They lost to the Tigers in the World Series.

2. 2 years ago got to go see the Big Green Monster in person. My son's favorite team came back from a 5-0 deficit to win the game. His favorite player, David Ortiz, hit a grand slam to take the lead and we were able to get his autograph.

3. My wife and I stood outside the Astrodome for 2 hours to get Craig Biggio's autograph, her favorite player. He blew us off. He didn't give autographs to anyone. The next year we waited again, got his autograph, and he was as nice as can be.

4. I get more enjoyment out of watching my kids play, son/baseball and daughter/softball, than I did playing my whole life from Little League to the day I graduated high school.

5. My 12 year old son has hit 17 home runs in the last 12 months including little league and select. (Make that 18 - got another one today) (19 - showing off for his mom and girlfriend on Valentines Day)

Guest tigersvoice

1. In 1968, Red Schoendienst took me to the St.Louis Cardinal dressing room and made the entire team sign my program. He was watching Don Wilson warm up before the game and thought the usher was rude to me. I was eight years old. They lost to the Tigers in the World Series.

2. 2 years ago got to go see the Big Green Monster in person. My son's favorite team came back from a 5-0 deficit to win the game. His favorite player, David Ortiz, hit a grand slam to take the lead and we were able to get his autograph.

3. My wife and I stood outside the Astrodome for 2 hours to get Craig Biggio's autograph, her favorite player. He blew us off. He didn't give autographs to anyone. The next year we waited again, got his autograph, and he was as nice as can be.

4. I get more enjoyment out of watching my kids play, son/baseball and daughter/softball, than I did playing my whole life from Little League to the day I graduated high school.

5. My 12 year old son has hit 17 home runs in the last 12 months including little league and select.

Booger, I admire you.  Your have your priorities in order.

1.  I used to sit about 5 rows behind Griffey jr, Petey Rose, and Eduardo Perez when I was a kid at the Red's games.

2.  I saw game two of the 76' series.

3.  I saw Tom Seaver Pitch his only no hitter

4.  I saw the Yankees play in the superdome 6 different times

5.  I pitched a no hitter in high school and lost 5 to 0.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder