A-Rod Tested Positive

Would you still vote A-Rod into the HOF?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still vote A-Rod into the HOF?

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it is let them use the stuff but put them under strict doctors orders etc.  Heck, they are just entertaining like WWE does.  Who are we to judge, they get paid millions of dollars to entertain us.  I bet revenue has skyrocketed since all this steroid stuff has come out several years back.  Bad publicity is always good publicity in the entertainment business. 

Do you now look at A-Rod differently from Bonds and Clemens since he admitted it and they continue to deny it?

I personally do. It takes a big man to step up and admit a mistake.

Does this also make easier to believe Bonds and/or Clemens used steroids?

A-Rod confesses to Father Peter Gamons(sp) on ESPN and the sports world is put assunder.....

Give me a freakin' break!!!!! ??? ??? ??? Could somebody answer the following question:  Why do old ass sports righters and their broads on ESPN act like baseball is some kind of cathedral which players who take steriods or OTC stuff(like NO Xplode or Creatine) are somehow not worthy?

It's a game.  They need to get over themselves.  If it were me, I'd have a 'Mississippi Burning' moment:  Yeah I took steriods, and I'd do it again and I hope You all(the gay ass Media) burn in hell.....

I wish Barry would come out and do just that.  Like someone said earlier in this thread and I've said the same thing when BB was the face of steriods in the holy shrine of Baseball:  Steriods don't help you hit a curve ball.  Or, Steriods don't improve hand-eye coordination.

If the sports world wasn't being covered like a gossip rag, this 'problem' would be reacted to just as when we find out someone in the NFL is juicing:  Yawn, oh well, next story......

The way I see it is let them use the stuff but put them under strict doctors orders etc.  Heck, they are just entertaining like WWE does.  Who are we to judge, they get paid millions of dollars to entertain us.  I bet revenue has skyrocketed since all this steroid stuff has come out several years back.  Bad publicity is always good publicity in the entertainment business. 

With that mentality we should allow, no, encourage, no, reward, the bean ball, bench clearing brawls, nose to nose arguments with the ump with a few punches thrown in. That should really boost the ratings for the sake of entertainment.  ???

I am not an AROD fanatic like most, I like the number #13, and followed him in the mid to late 90's for that reason.  I just wish he were honest...I can't se how a player whose body is the"temple", and the money giver for him...doesn't know what he is puttin in his body.....I know what went in my "body" this past week.....MON  Spagetti with sauce, garlic bread, Fruit juice and water...a few AZO tablets, a turkey sandwhich, a few wheat thins, and bowel of rice chek with milk.  Sun  A hogie, and 1/2 a Dr. pepper...I am boring you..I could go on , and back track a week, 2 weeks..heck given the time I could go back quite a while...I know I got a flu shot in Jan(mandatory for my part time job), and some Nyquil last month... Just doesn't add up!

Who cares.  He's entertaining with or without steroids.  The fans aren't stupid.  Who hasn't known that steroids have been a part of the game.  It's professional sports... entertain me with or without Vitamin S.  I would put bigger blame on MLB for not testing for it in the 90s.  They knew... how could they not know.  Who released his name... this was supposed to be confidential and anonomous!  That was the agreement.  I smell a lawsuit!

With what these guys are doing, I say either give them what Pete Rose got or allow Pete Rose into the HOF.  Both are breaking the rules of baseball, and though Rose did what he did, he (to my knowledge) never bet against his team or threw a game.  So IMO, if these guys can be pardoned for steroids, pardon Pete Rose and allow him his spot in Cooperstown.

So rules don't matter?  It's ok to take steriods as long as you admit to it?  Admiting to something that is wrong gives you character and makes it ok?  What happened to breaking the rule and accepting the consequences of your actions? 

when were the steroids banned?  i know that no rules were enforced for steroids until 05-06. 

A-Rod confesses to Father Peter Gamons(sp) on ESPN and the sports world is put assunder.....

Give me a freakin' break!!!!! ??? ??? ??? Could somebody answer the following question:  Why do old butt sports righters and their broads on ESPN act like baseball is some kind of cathedral which players who take steriods or OTC stuff(like NO Xplode or Creatine) are somehow not worthy?

It's a game.  They need to get over themselves.  If it were me, I'd have a 'Mississippi Burning' moment:  Yeah I took steriods, and I'd do it again and I hope You all(the gay butt Media) burn in heck.....

I wish Barry would come out and do just that.  Like someone said earlier in this thread and I've said the same thing when BB was the face of steriods in the holy shrine of Baseball:  Steriods don't help you hit a curve ball.  Or, Steriods don't improve hand-eye coordination.

If the sports world wasn't being covered like a gossip rag, this 'problem' would be reacted to just as when we find out someone in the NFL is juicing:  Yawn, oh well, next story......

Should I start a Roger Clemens thread so you can rant on his behalf?

This is the hidden content, please

Atta boy A-Roid..... show her who's boss.  ::)

A-Roid:(talking to Jeter)  I had Cynthia crawling to me on her hands and knees.

Jeter:                          Really Alex?  What did she say?

A-Roid:                        She said "Get your roid filled azz out from under that bed so I can kick some sense into you"

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was found out that the big-wigs in MLB introduced these star players to roids as a means of increasing crowd size and revenue.  Fans naturally want to see big names hit the long ball, so it makes perfect sense to me.  Geeesh, I'm so friggn cynical.. ::)

chicks dig the longball.....they even had a commercial about it.

Selig = bigger shame.

This now lowlife knew it was going on and he is calling out a player? These people really don't think before they speak.

Man I wish we could curse on this board.

Called out a SINGLE player when 103 test posative in 03.  :'(

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was found out that the big-wigs in MLB introduced these star players to roids as a means of increasing crowd size and revenue.  Fans naturally want to see big names hit the long ball, so it makes perfect sense to me.  Geeesh, I'm so friggn cynical.. ::)

chicks dig the longball.....they even had a commercial about it.

so what I said makes sense Gabe?  I know it may sound a bit far-fethced but stranger things have happened.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami