Top 10 Players in 20-4A?

Guest hoops12

1.Decarlos Franks-Ozen (But he is getting suspect)

2.Willie Jefferson-Ozen (Athlete like no other in the district)

3.Jamar Gulley-Central (Jack of all trades, from the post to the guard)

4.Diontae Forney-Nederland (This big man is truely what makes NED good... If they would just get him the ball)

5.Breon Johnson-Ozen (This kid is the best in the area at getting to the basket)

6.Dustin Harris-Livingston (Another Athlete that can score)

7.Chris Hammond-Nederland (I like this kid, he does it all and has nice height, post game could be better)

8.Jared Williamson-Vidor (Vidor has one of these guys year-in and year-out!)

9.Hunter Gonzales - LCM (I have only seen him once but he was impressive)

10.Kristain Smith-Central (There are other kids that could go here because they are upper classmen, but this kid is right there with them)

1.Breon Johnson-Ozen

2.Willie Jefferson-Ozen

3.Jamar Gulley-Central

4. Dustin Harris-Livingston

5. Decarlos Franks-Ozen (This kid is may the best in the area but attitude gets in the way)

6. Dionte Forney- Nederland(Still young.....Will move up as he gains in experience and consistency)

7. Jared Williamson-Vidor (If he played for a different team that allowed him to play the 2 or 3 he would be higher but is not able to truly show his ability due to team needing him at point.)

8. Travis Weathersbee-PNG(He has helped a pretender become a contender this year.)

9. Chris Hammond-Nederland (Talented but is living on history.  His performances in the previous two years were far more impressive than this years performance.)

10. Francis Torres, Josh Dean, Jordan Pitts, or Evan Fitch.(I'm not sure which one goes here, but each of these guys would be the star for LCM, PNG, or Lmberton as wellas contribute on the other teams in the district.  They have each made contributions to Nederland's success this year but don't get the credit of Hammond or Forney.)

1.Breon Johnson-Ozen

2.Willie Jefferson-Ozen

3.Jamar Gulley-Central

5. Decarlos Franks-Ozen (This kid is may the best in the area but attitude gets in the way)

6. Dionte Forney- Nederland(Still young.....Will move up as he gains in experience and consistency)

7. Jared Williamson-Vidor (If he played for a different team that allowed him to play the 2 or 3 he would be higher but is not able to truly show his ability due to team needing him at point.)

8. Travis Weathersbee-PNG(He has helped a pretender become a contender this year.)

9. Chris Hammond-Nederland (Talented but is living on history.  His performances in the previous two years were far more impressive than this years performance.)

10. Francis Torres, Josh Dean, Jordan Pitts, or Evan Fitch.(I'm not sure which one goes here, but each of these guys would be the star for LCM, PNG, or Lmberton as wellas contribute on the other teams in the district.  They have each made contributions to Nederland's success this year but don't get the credit of Hammond or Forney.)

Give me a break... None of those kids are better than the freshman at central or the Boyd kid at Ozen...  As of late the Boyd kid has been playing really big.  Either one of these kids would be all world at Lumberton, LCM, PNG, Nederland, Vidor, or Livingston!

1.Breon Johnson-Ozen

2.Willie Jefferson-Ozen

3.Jamar Gulley-Central

10. Francis Torres, Josh Dean, Jordan Pitts, or Evan Fitch.(I'm not sure which one goes here, but each of these guys would be the star for LCM, PNG, or Lmberton as well as contribute on the other teams in the district.  They have each made contributions to Nederland's success this year but don't get the credit of Hammond or Forney.)

Give me a break... None of those kids are better than the freshman at central or the Boyd kid at Ozen...  As of late the Boyd kid has been playing really big.  Either one of these kids would be all world at Lumberton, LCM, PNG, Nederland, Vidor, or Livingston!

First off, these are young men about to graduate not kids anymore!  You have your opinion and I have mine. I would venture to say we are both a little biased.  I guess I am trying to give credit to the team play of this group because on any given night they have stepped up or else Nederland would not be in the playoff hunt.  I only saw Central once and that was the loss to Nederland.  The freshman didn't play much so I can't really give him a fair assessment and Bond simply gets overshadowed by the top three for OHS.   

Francis Torres should go 10. He has been a leader for two years on that team and can put up 30 any night. Also he has stepped up his effort on defense with a lot more steals this year than previous years.  Pitts is good on defense and hits big shots but is no threat off the dribble. Fitch is a great shooter also cant hurt you off the dribble. And dean is a bigger guy but needs to start consistantly rebounding. He doesn't go after the ball like I wish he would.

Guest hoops12

Francis Torres should go 10. He has been a leader for two years on that team and can put up 30 any night. Also he has stepped up his effort on defense with a lot more steals this year than previous years.  Pitts is good on defense and hits big shots but is no threat off the dribble. Fitch is a great shooter also cant hurt you off the dribble. And dean is a bigger guy but needs to start consistantly rebounding. He doesn't go after the ball like I wish he would.

Francis should be tenth or #15 from Ozen. Nothing against the other three players from Nederland.

First of all Francis should not even be on the list. The worst thing that could have happen this year was the harden jefferson game. Livingston game he had about 20 turnovers by him self and was 3 for about 25 for shots and played the whole game. I think english needs to get his head on straight and use his back up point gaurd thats why he is there.

First of all Francis should not even be on the list. The worst thing that could have happen this year was the harden jefferson game. Livingston game he had about 20 turnovers by him self and was 3 for about 25 for shots and played the whole game. I think english needs to get his head on straight and use his back up point gaurd thats why he is there.

Based on the games I have seen, I agree with some of your points.  However, when he actually fulfills his role as point guard by being willing to pass to all players(not just one) and does not force shots then he is among the better players.  In reality there is not one Nederland player that has been consistent enough for me to say one is more important than any other player on the team.(That includes all three of the names that are always mentioned as the stars.)  They are lucky they have enough players that can help when another player has a down night.  In the end the same players tend to be recognized after the season is over whether are not they have stood out in the current season or not.  It isn't necessarily right but a player's reputation can trump actual performance. 

I don't care who ranks where as a player.  They are getting it done and are in then playoffs.  That is all that matters.  They have done it as a team and need to stay focused and not worry about individual accolades.

Yeah you say we got into the playoffs thats all that matters yeah we got there but if dont play like the nederland bulldogs can play as a team then we wont make it past the first round. My opion is all the players need to show a little more want. Hammond needs to take over that basketball team. Torres when he does play like a point gaurd he is one of the best out there. We have great depth on the bench english just needs to use it more than ever.

Not much depth. NO offense to any players. But Dylan Campbell, the backup PG seems to be playing like the game is to fast for him a lot of times. Same with Ryan Hadnot. Kelvin Smith and Christian Stewart are good but still Dean and Forney are better. The bench is limited and Coach English has always liked to use a limited rotation so that helps the situation. And the have got the job done so far this season so why change now?

First of all when a player does as bad as torres did against livingston and he plays the whole entire game. There is something wrong in that picture. The depth is the best nederland has ever had you just don't get a chance to see the players play. playing with a limited rotation is great and all but what if one of the main guys gets hurt then your back up has barely any experience in a real game format especially in a playoff game.

1.Franks ozen

2.Gulley Central

3.Jefferson ozen

4.Harris Livingston

5.Johnson Ozen

6.Hammond Nederland

7.Willamson Vidor

8.Weathersbe Port Neches

9.Forney Nederland

10.Deron Port neches

Guest hoops12

1. Frank-Ozen

2. Gulley-Central

3. Jefferson-Ozen

4. Harris-Livingston

5. Johnson-Ozen

6. Weathersbee-PNG

7. Williamson-Vidor

8. Forney-Nederland

9. Boyd-Ozen

10. Hammond-Nederland or Smith-Central or Torres-Nederland

First of all when a player does as bad as torres did against livingston and he plays the whole entire game. There is something wrong in that picture. The depth is the best nederland has ever had you just don't get a chance to see the players play. playing with a limited rotation is great and all but what if one of the main guys gets hurt then your back up has barely any experience in a real game format especially in a playoff game.

1.Franks ozen

2.Gulley Central

3.Jefferson ozen

4.Harris Livingston

5.Johnson Ozen

6.Hammond Nederland

7.Willamson Vidor

8.Weathersbe Port Neches

9.Forney Nederland

10.Deron Port neches

No I have played with all these players and I really don't think the depth is that great. Especially at guard play. Torres isn't great. I agree. But he is definitely the best we have and he doesn't cost us the game so we live with him

Not much depth. NO offense to any players. But Dylan Campbell, the backup PG seems to be playing like the game is to fast for him a lot of times. Same with Ryan Hadnot. Kelvin Smith and Christian Stewart are good but still Dean and Forney are better. The bench is limited and Coach English has always liked to use a limited rotation so that helps the situation. And the have got the job done so far this season so why change now?

Agreed it has worked and he is not going to change now.  Most teams go with a seven player rotation and then take what they can get when possible from the rest.  The bench has been very important this year.  The fact that Coach E. can get his starters more rest during the game has helped in the 4th quarter in many games.  Every player on this team has contributed and they have been fun to watch.  As I said before they need to make sure they play a team game and stay focused if they want continued success. 

because hammond needs to be that high he is a great athelete. He is good at every thing he may have not had the year he had last time but he is done great played better defense this year and it doesnt help everytime he gets the ball he gets fouled and no call refs love to call the other way against him.

because hammond needs to be that high he is a great athelete. He is good at every thing he may have not had the year he had last time but he is done great played better defense this year and it doesnt help everytime he gets the ball he gets fouled and no call refs love to call the other way against him.

Your credibility is suspect on any NHS issues.  You have constantly posted under aliases to state your opinion and then change it quickly.  You did the same thing for the past two years in baseball.  Your grammar gives you away.  You hang with the player you are praising and defending and you dog, no pun intended, the player that starts ahead of your kin.  Their play has and will speak for itself.  They are going to the playoffs!   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83