Larry Coker applies for UTSA Football Job!!!!

Lazeek

Definitely a bigger job than LU, hate to say that, but it is. The area, the money, and the future in San Antonio is more attractive for recruits. Now if they can only get their other sports winning too. I guess men's and women's bball haven't been doing bad.

Guest coachacola

Who cares???

You tell me who can recruit better?

Coker won a National Championship at Miami!!!!

He won the national championship his first year as head coach.  He won it with mostly players recruited by Butch Davis.  Miami went into decline while he was head coach there.  If UTSA does choose him it's probably not a bad choice for them, but I think he would have been a bad choice for LU.  LU needed a younger, hungrier head coach to promote the program and get the recruits here.

Explain to me why Larry Coker would have any interest in Lamar?

I understand UTSA. Big city. Fun city. Should be easy to recruit to. Great Stadium (Alamodome). No competition for football enternainment. Someone who has been there (like Coker) could turn that program into a serious FBS threat over time. If they do it right they could have a nice 30+ thousand per game fan base or more pretty quickly.

Look I know we all love LU, but if you were being recruited by LU and UTSA for football and you were not from the GT, where would you rather go?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124