Lamar vs. UTSA Updates/LU Falls Again!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one's on Roc.  3 fouls to give with 10 seconds, and he doesn't have the guys foul to burn the clock.  INEXCUSABLE!!!  You can't let them dribble up the court unopposed with 3(THREE!!!!!) fouls to give.  Where were you Roc??? ???

Should we start calling for Roc's head now?

Another small guard comes in and shoot lights out because Roc don't know how to adjust the freakin defense.

Another game lost because no one, ASHTON HALL can't shoot ft's. All he needed was at least 1 for OT. Terrible.

Finally LU gave them 3 trys to score while LU stood around. This season is over...

Still a Roc believer, but THIS one is on him.  I do not understand why he didn't call a timeout before Ashton went to the line and instruct the guys to foul, foul and foul.  By then, how much time would be left?  That was all on him. :'(

Guest coachacola

Last year Lamar was deep at shooting guard with Hopkins, Barrow, and Todd.  All big guards, 6-2 or larger and able to shoot the 3.  This year McThay's been our main shooting guard and he should be Dawkins backup at PG.  Williams is now starting but he has no offense.  Harper is a freshman that's missed a lot of games, while Miles is another freshman.  If Moton could have played this year he might have made a difference. 

The inside game's been good, thanks mainly to Brown.  Worrell's been good although now he's playing injured.  Custer's improved but he's been injured too.  Again, less depth than last year.

I'm still not down on Coach Roc yet.  I'm sure he had planned on Worrell, Nabors and Brown up front with Dawkins, Moton (or Hall) in the back court.  He wanted Dawkins to play less minutes so McThay would have been his main backup.  Nwevo and Custer would be backing up Worrell and would also allow Roc to play big. Hall, Moton and Harper would have given LU 3 big guards.  And against quicker teams he could play McThay some with Dawkins, not most of the time. 

Coach Roc lost 3 important pieces to the team and he's had to deal with a lot of injurines, but he still has a competitve team so I'm not ready to shove Roc under the bus.  Maybe a another coach would be doing a better job under these circumstances, I don't know.  But the season's not over yet so I'm hanging in here no matter what happens.

Roc has now played almost 20 games with these guys and he still does not have them playing together.  They play no defense.  They really have no offense to speak of and not one guy that they can go to like Daniels a few years ago.  I am not so worried about the offense because we have guys that can chip in 7-9 points consistently like Worrell, Hall, Harper, Custer, etc. but the problem is that we play no defense.  Roc said after the game that this team is a driving team and that they wanted to keep them outside shooting.  They did and they knocked down 14 threes!!!!!!  At what point do you come out of the damn zone and go man???  Roc never came out of it and it cost the Cards big time!!!!!

Poor coaching again and it may cost the Cards this season!!!! >:( >:( >:(

I kept watching and asking myself "when do we go to a man defense?".  At least then they would be scoring 2's and not 3's.  9 of their first 10 buckets were 3's.  You gotta come out of the zone, or extend it at some point.  That being said, LU would have won had they been awake and used their fouls in the last 10 seconds. 

And how about some consistency in officiating?  69 fouls called one night, 24 the next.  The players didn't change that much.  Tonight, thankfully, the officials didn't decide that they were more important than the players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124