Nederland @ PN-G - Updates/Nederland Wins!!!

First time to see both teams. It is good to see both teams playing some good ball. Ned's PG # 13 is a text book point guard. Pass, dribble and protect the ball, pull up and shoot, 3 point shooter and good on the foul line . very impressive #52 center(still call em that?) very quick and good shot blocker and only a sophomore. Png had some bright spots, #33 very solid shooter inside and out, good defense. PG very good 3 point shooter and ball handler. It looked like to me that the game was lost or won in the 2nd quarter when both teams made some line up changes and Ned's worked out better. Neds 3 pointers in the 3rd kept Png from catching them. (I think they hit 5 in the 3rd quarter) It appeared that Png's #22 had a bad 1st half, but he can play ball. Good game. good crowd. There's hope that B ball can be exciting in Mid county.

Ned's 3 pointers were hot tonight.

Yes they were!  It was a solid team effort.  The inside players kept them in it when PNG came out hot in the first quarter.  After that everyone hit some shots and played good defense.  Doty and Deron had great games for PNG.  I think they are a force to be reckoned with in the future. Good spirited game by both teams.

Guest Brubaker

This Nederland team can fool you into thinking they have what it takes to be the best team in the district, they play like that for a quarter... then you realize they're gonna finish 4th out of 8 teams.

This Nederland team can fool you into thinking they have what it takes to be the best team in the district, they play like that for a quarter... then you realize they're gonna finish 4th out of 8 teams.

4th  gets you in the playoffs. Congrats to Coach English and the Dogs

First time to see both teams. It is good to see both teams playing some good ball. Ned's PG # 13 is a text book point guard. Pass, dribble and protect the ball, pull up and shoot, 3 point shooter and good on the foul line . very impressive #52 center(still call em that?) very quick and good shot blocker and only a sophomore. Png had some bright spots, #33 very solid shooter inside and out, good defense. PG very good 3 point shooter and ball handler. It looked like to me that the game was lost or won in the 2nd quarter when both teams made some line up changes and Ned's worked out better. Neds 3 pointers in the 3rd kept Png from catching them. (I think they hit 5 in the 3rd quarter) It appeared that Png's #22 had a bad 1st half, but he can play ball. Good game. good crowd. There's hope that B ball can be exciting in Mid county.

#22 - Weathersbee did not have a "bad" first half.  Several turnovers (players couldn't get the ball down the court, etc.  He was not involved in that).  He didn't score much in the first half because they could not get the ball to him.  The Indians really had a detrimental 2nd quarter and did not have have much response to the Ned's talented 3 pt shooting.

Great game for Nederland. Excellent in all phases of the game. Very proud of the guys. Keep it up and lets go get to more big wins next week.

I want to comment on coach Abel. I like the man. He is great guy and always treats everyone with respect. But last night I really didn't like some of his coaching decisions. The entire night all he was doing was complaining to the officials that Nederland was traveling before they started to dribble towards the basket when Weathersbee did it everytime he touched the ball in my opinion. Also, After the second quarter when PN-G's  1-3-1 defense was getting absolutely no turnovers and giving up open shot after open shot and some lay ups for Forney inside I thought he would change the defense yet he stayed in it. Nederland was killing them with a great look everytime down the floor and it was putting them out of rebounding position. Then late in the second half only down ten they decided to extend their defense which gave up a wide open 3 and to layups in their first three possessions. Then he decided not to foul. Francis is the only real 75% ft shooter they had on the floor yet he just let Nederland run out the clock. I just thought you had to switch defenses because the 1-3-1 was not working and foul to extend the game. Very questionable decions. I'm not saying fire the guy just not a well coached game at all.

Coach Abel did make some questionable calls but he's the coach and I'm sure he had reason behind every decision he made. But about the traveling issue Coach Abel does not have many friends that are officials due to the fact he is always on them, therefore, PNG always gets called closely. So I'm sure if PNG would of traveled then the officials would have quickly blown their whistles.  Ned got by with many, many fouls, but sometimes that's part of the game.  This did not affect the outcome; Nederland simply shot much better than PNG down the stretch.

Great game for Nederland. Excellent in all phases of the game. Very proud of the guys. Keep it up and lets go get to more big wins next week.

I want to comment on coach Abel. I like the man. He is great guy and always treats everyone with respect. But last night I really didn't like some of his coaching decisions. The entire night all he was doing was complaining to the officials that Nederland was traveling before they started to dribble towards the basket when Weathersbee did it everytime he touched the ball in my opinion. Also, After the second quarter when PN-G's  1-3-1 defense was getting absolutely no turnovers and giving up open shot after open shot and some lay ups for Forney inside I thought he would change the defense yet he stayed in it. Nederland was killing them with a great look everytime down the floor and it was putting them out of rebounding position. Then late in the second half only down ten they decided to extend their defense which gave up a wide open 3 and to layups in their first three possessions. Then he decided not to foul. Francis is the only real 75% ft shooter they had on the floor yet he just let Nederland run out the clock. I just thought you had to switch defenses because the 1-3-1 was not working and foul to extend the game. Very questionable decions. I'm not saying fire the guy just not a well coached game at all.

Abel is a good man, but I have always questioned his coaching style. He has been out coached in every game I have been too including lastnight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01