Silsbee vs. Hardin-Jefferson broadcast LIVE, here tomorrow night!!!!!

I will be over in Sour Lake tomorrow night bringing you this marquee match up of two state ranked teams in the #8 Silsbee Tigers and #11 Hardin-Jefferson Hawks. These two teams come in undefeated in 21-3A district play(4-0) and each look to gain sole possesion of first place and the inside track to a district championship. This is one of the most anticipated games in all of Southeast Texas and we will bring you all the play-by-play action right here at Setxsports.

Just to give some perspective about these two teams, here are some interesting stats for all you stat lovers to look at:

Records

HJ  27-4      Silsbee    17-6

Record head to head last 2 years

HJ leads 4-3

Opponents Records

HJ  352-278  avg. 14-11  winning pct. .560

Silsbee 337-216 avg. 16-10  winning pct. .610

State Ranked teams faced

HJ  6

2A Kountze 82-64 win

2A Sabine  67-53 win, 54-52 win

3A L. Hudson 60-65 loss

2A Hitchcock  94-51 win, 59-50 win

2A Newton  80-74  win, 88-55 win

Kelly  57-50 win

Silsbee  8

Kelly  83-62 win, 71-63 win

2A Kountze 83-57 win

2A New Waverly 67-60 win

1A Goodrich  78-67 win

1A Big Sandy 77-57 win

4A Ozen 68-69 loss

3A Sanger 46-54 loss

3A Cleveland 60-71 loss

Teams played by classification

HJ        Silsbee

5A  0          3

4A  8          4

3A  8          9

2A  8          3

1A  1          3

Common opponent scores

HJ                    Silsbee

Kountze  82-64 win          83-57  win

B. Central  61-68 loss        73-52  win

Kelly      59-50 win        83-62 win, 71-63 win

Bridge City  76-35 win      106-42 win

Orangefield  73-51 win, 66-40 win  62-42 win

HF            75-39 win          106-28 win

WOS        59-50 win        64-48 win

Team scoring avg.

HJ 70

Opp. 51

Silsbee 76

Opp. 54

District play

HJ 69

Opp. 41

Silsbee 85

Opp.  40

Record since Dec. 13

HJ 15-1 ( played no team above 3A, 9 of which are 2A & under)

Silsbee 8-4 ( played no team under 3A, 3 of 4 losses to 5A, other to state ranked Cleveland)

Now with all this said, throw it all out!! The stats mean nothing, you have to play the game.

This should be another great game and everyone should make an attempt to come see it. If not, you can catch all the action right here, starting with pregame at 7:00, with a tipoff around 7:30.

Mike Sanchez, Tiger Sports and Setxsports.com broadcaster

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the relevancy of the amount of games played and record since Dec. 13?

What is relevant about what classification the teams have played.

Just trying to stir the pot are we AAW?

I am just throwing out some stats, Lazeek. Don't be so paranoid. Quit looking for a conspiracy. ::)

I am just throwing out some stats, Lazeek. Don't be so paranoid. Quit looking for a conspiracy. ::)

Not paranoid...........just wondering why some of the stats you are throwing out have no relevancy to the game.  Who cares that Silsbee has played three 5A teams.  Who cares that HJ has played nine 2A teams in their last 16 games.

The other stats I like and are relevant to the game.  These two however are not.  You are trying to justify the fact that Silsbee has 6 losses and are trying to run down the fact that HJ is 27-4 into the ground by implying that they have played nobody!!!!

I still love you man, but this is not necessary.

Jeez...All he AAW was doing was trying to break it down for everyone..Just like any other broadcaster would do.

since u like silsbee so much maybe you need to get a&m to recruit them.. i mean they cant get any worse than they already are.. haha

What does A&M have to do with this ???

Go back to class :D

Not paranoid...........just wondering why some of the stats you are throwing out have no relevancy to the game.  Who cares that Silsbee has played three 5A teams.  Who cares that HJ has played nine 2A teams in their last 16 games.

The other stats I like and are relevant to the game.  These two however are not.  You are trying to justify the fact that Silsbee has 6 losses and are trying to run down the fact that HJ is 27-4 into the ground by implying that they have played nobody!!!!

I still love you man, but this is not necessary.

Like I said at the end of my original post, none of it is necessary and is no determining factor of the outcome of the game. I am not trying to knock anyone here. I am just trying to be informative and build up the game more.

All of this is just talk the real thing that matters is the final score tomorrow night. I know there is a lot of hype for this game, but no matter what happens to either team, Do not let it be the highlight of your season. We both, HJ and Silsbee want to end up in Austin. Saying all of that to say this, AAW your report did look  biased...Someone who didn't know you would know immediately which side you were rooting for. But we all get on here and talk trash to each other, so it's ok, it's just if someone like Lazeek would have gotten on here and put a similar slanted post the other way you would have been all over him.

All of this is just talk the real thing that matters is the final score tomorrow night. I know there is a lot of hype for this game, but no matter what happens to either team, Do not let it be the highlight of your season. We both, HJ and Silsbee want to end up in Austin. Saying all of that to say this, AAW your report did look   biased...Someone who didn't know you would know immediately which side you were rooting for. But we all get on here and talk trash to each other, so it's ok, it's just if someone like Lazeek would have gotten on here and put a similar slanted post the other way you would have been all over him.

So the stating of facts is slanted talk? ::)

If the stats would have been turned around, I still would have posted them. I have done it before and it did not matter to me how it looked to one team or the other.

Are there other stats that I should have posted that would make HJ shine brighter? Please tell me so that I can add them.

Lazeek,  I told you were I was going for that one. I will be at home watching the HIGH FLYING LADY HAWKS, which are undefeated in District and have only lost to 4, and 5a, and have the inside track at the District championship. I would put a bunch of useless stats up like who we have played and who everyone else has played to show we have had the toughest preseason schedule, but thats just not HJ's style, plus the other teams in the district don't desrve it they are getting better and you never know from day to day.. But hey to each his own.....lmao....sorry aaw, I had to.

I will be over in Sour Lake tomorrow night bringing you this marquee match up of two state ranked teams in the #8 Silsbee Tigers and #11 Hardin-Jefferson Hawks. These two teams come in undefeated in 21-3A district play(4-0) and each look to gain sole possesion of first place and the inside track to a district championship. This is one of the most anticipated games in all of Southeast Texas and we will bring you all the play-by-play action right here at Setxsports.

Just to give some perspective about these two teams, here are some interesting stats for all you stat lovers to look at:

Records

HJ   27-4       Silsbee    17-6

Record head to head last 2 years

HJ leads 4-3

Opponents Records

HJ   352-278  avg. 14-11  winning pct. .560

Silsbee 337-216 avg. 16-10  winning pct. .610

State Ranked teams faced

HJ   6

2A Kountze 82-64 win

2A Sabine   67-53 win, 54-52 win

3A L. Hudson 60-65 loss

2A Hitchcock  94-51 win, 59-50 win

2A Newton  80-74  win, 88-55 win

Kelly  57-50 win

Silsbee  8

Kelly  83-62 win, 71-63 win

2A Kountze 83-57 win

2A New Waverly 67-60 win

1A Goodrich  78-67 win

1A Big Sandy 77-57 win

4A Ozen 68-69 loss

3A Sanger 46-54 loss

3A Cleveland 60-71 loss

Teams played by classification

HJ         Silsbee

5A   0           3

4A   8           4

3A   8           9

2A   8           3

1A   1           3

Common opponent scores

HJ                    Silsbee

Kountze  82-64 win          83-57  win

B. Central  61-68 loss        73-52  win

Kelly       59-50 win         83-62 win, 71-63 win

Bridge City  76-35 win       106-42 win

Orangefield  73-51 win, 66-40 win  62-42 win

HF            75-39 win          106-28 win

WOS         59-50 win         64-48 win

Team scoring avg.

HJ 70

Opp. 51

Silsbee 76

Opp. 54

District play

HJ 69

Opp. 41

Silsbee 85

Opp.  40

Record since Dec. 13

HJ 15-1 ( played no team above 3A, 9 of which are 2A & under)

Silsbee 8-4 ( played no team under 3A, 3 of 4 losses to 5A, other to state ranked Cleveland)

Now with all this said, throw it all out!! The stats mean nothing, you have to play the game.

This should be another great game and everyone should make an attempt to come see it. If not, you can catch all the action right here, starting with pregame at 7:00, with a tipoff around 7:30.

Mike Sanchez, Tiger Sports and Setxsports.com broadcaster

I was OK with everything you posted, the bolded words is where I felt you took a little jab, but like I said, I'm OK with it. I love for everyone to have as much school pride as we both do, heck I didn't even graduate from HJ, my wife did, but I'm HJ through and through now.

Robb Starr, Hj Basketball fanatic

Trust me they will

I am serious Babyboi.........they are issuing a ticket to everyone coming in and once the tickets are gone the doors will be guarded and no one will be allowed to enter the gym.  I would hate for you and your boys to stand in the parking lot during the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami