SETXsports Pre-Season Baseball Top 10

The Hill will struggle with out of district teams.  Just lost to much pitching.  The "Big Four"  are all gone and the rest of the staff from Varsity only got to pitch a few mop up innings last year.  They do have a few young arms that will be solid in the future but lack experience.  May be a little better on the offensive side.  The have a few good sticks in the lineup.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be outstanding baseball season. Our members have the top 10 below. I will keep this thread going for awhile before the board makes the call.

1.LCM, LCM, WB, WB, Ned, PNG, LCM, WB, Ned

2.WB , WB, LCM, BC, WB, WB, PNG, PNG, WB

3.PNG, WB , PNG, PNG, PNG, Ned, Vid, Ned, BC

4.BH, BC, Vidor, Ned, BC, BC, WB, LCM, PNG

5.Vidor, BH, BC, Vid, Vid, Vid, BC, Vid, Vid, LCM

6.Vidor, BH, BH, OF, LCM, Ned, BC

7.Buna, Ned, LCM, LCM, BH, Buna, Jasper, OF

8.Jasper, Huffman, Jasper, Jasper,Jasper, Kelly, Buna

9.HF, Buna, Buna, Lumberton, OF, OF, OF, HF

10.OF, Jasper, OF, HF, Buna, HF, HF, Jasper

The Hill will struggle with out of district teams.  Just lost to much pitching.  The "Big Four"  are all gone and the rest of the staff from Varsity only got to pitch a few mop up innings last year.  They do have a few young arms that will be solid in the future but lack experience.  May be a little better on the offensive side.  The have a few good sticks in the lineup.

The Hill struggled last year out of district with the "Big Four" unless you count the first round buy.

Arms for the Hill

Jay Burdett

Rocha

Carmona

Peterson

Daniel Mitchell

I don't think since these boys didn't pitch at the varsity level last year will hurt them much since they all pitched with there summer teams.  I think they will have some pop in there line up, Ponder, Padgett, Rocha, Clifton, Burdett, Hensey.  I think that they will be a very good team.  Good luck to all and stay healty early in the season.

The Hill struggled last year out of district with the "Big Four" unless you count the first round buy.

Pitching wasn't the problem. Let's just say....errors and academic "issues".

I agree with Eagle07. I'd also have to add lack of hitting to the list of problems for BH in the playoffs last year. Definitely not a pitching problem.

It was the implication that BH can't go nowhere with out the "Big Four". But we are definitely going to miss the 'Big Four' and their sticks

Yes, many forget that they could hit also. Hales and Thamm @ .400. Silva hit 6-7 HR's. Hales (1B) and Thamm(OF) were also Honorable-Mention all-state on the Texas sports writers list.

I agree with Eagle07. I'd also have to add lack of hitting to the list of problems for BH in the playoffs last year. Definitely not a pitching problem.

It was the implication that BH can't go nowhere with out the "Big Four". But we are definitely going to miss the 'Big Four' and their sticks

Yes, many forget that they could hit also. Hales and Thamm @ .400. Silva hit 6-7 HR's. Hales (1B) and Thamm(OF) were also Honorable-Mention all-state on the Texas sports writers list.

Believe me I didn't forget the individual seasons that Hales and Thamm had. They were definitely 2 of the better hitters on the team and in the state during the season but I was just touching on one of the reasons the team didn't advance. These kids didn't hit as well during the Bay City series and no one was there to pick up the slack. The team hit 70 points below their season average during the Bay City series. This is a big reason for the loss against Bay City. All good hitters are going to have a bad game now and then and if the rest of the team can't pick them up your in trouble. I believe this year's team will be a better hitting team from top to bottom than last years. Not to say that anyone will put up any better individual numbers than Hales and Thamm, but I think there will be more good hitters to pick up the slack. I can't wait to see how it plays out!

I do agree this year BH will be a better hitting team overall. Hales and Thamm can not be replaced on the hill or in the line up. If we stay out of grade trouble and injury free. This squad could easly go at least 3 deep in the playoffs. Go Eagles

Believe me I didn't forget the individual seasons that Hales and Thamm had. They were definitely 2 of the better hitters on the team and in the state during the season but I was just touching on one of the reasons the team didn't advance. These kids didn't hit as well during the Bay City series and no one was there to pick up the slack. The team hit 70 points below their season average during the Bay City series. This is a big reason for the loss against Bay City. All good hitters are going to have a bad game now and then and if the rest of the team can't pick them up your in trouble. I believe this year's team will be a better hitting team from top to bottom than last years. Not to say that anyone will put up any better individual numbers than Hales and Thamm, but I think there will be more good hitters to pick up the slack. I can't wait to see how it plays out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theburn21

big school: 1. west brook            small school: 1. buna

2. lc-m                                      2. kirbyville

3. vidor                                    3. evadale

4. bh                                        4. kountze

5. bc                                        5. woodville

6. jasper                                  6. west sabine

7. pn-g                                    7. big sandy

8. nederland                              8. hardin

9. silsbee                                  9. deweyville

10. hardin-jeff                          10. newton

Eagle07 how about a little love man. Come on.

1. LCM

2. PNG

3. BH

4. Vidor

5. BC

6. WB

7. Huffman

8. Nederland

9. Orangefield

10. Buna

LOL. I had Nederland anywhere from 4 thru 8. I just do not know alot about Ned. Although, Bellows will certainly  win you guys plenty of games. Best of luck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01