Time to eat crow.......

Lazeek

For those that said that Zach Hayes was deserving of being in the talk with Benard and Robinson for the best player in 21-3A needs to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!!  NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!  Hey he maybe good, but he is not worthy of being in the same room as JB and SR!!!!!!

Benard tonight had 25 and Hayes had 5!!!!!!!  Yes 5 points on one bucket and 3 FT.  The bucket came with about 5 minutes to go in the game after HJ had pulled their starters.  He was so frustrated all night long.  The HJ players that guarded him were relentless on him. 

Hoopinsider Coop I wish you had seen the game, because not only would Hayes not be in the Top 10 he would be behind his teammate Angelle in the local player rankings!!!!!!! 

For all you Hayes backers it is time to eat some crow!!!!!

Guest ST4life

Ok in Zach's defense...HJ has the 'Big 3'  OF doesn't.  Tonight may have been on off night for him. 

HJ knew how to take him out of his game, and they did because why?  Because he is a very good ball player! 

:'(

Ok in Zach's defense...HJ has the 'Big 3'  OF doesn't.  Tonight may have been on off night for him. 

HJ knew how to take him out of his game, and they did because why?  Because he is a very good ball player! 

HE may be good, but to be ranked in the Top 10 and ahead of Benard in the 1st list out this season...................I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!  He is a good player and realistically he is OF best player, but he should be ranked about 16-18 on that list.  ANgelle is a solid player and should be ranked in the Top 25 IMO!!!!!!!

For those that said that Zach Hayes was deserving of being in the talk with Benard and Robinson for the best player in 21-3A needs to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!!  NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!  Hey he maybe good, but he is not worthy of being in the same room as JB and SR!!!!!!

Benard tonight had 25 and Hayes had 5!!!!!!!  Yes 5 points on one bucket and 3 FT.  The bucket came with about 5 minutes to go in the game after HJ had pulled their starters.  He was so frustrated all night long.  The HJ players that guarded him were relentless on him. 

Hoopinsider Coop I wish you had seen the game, because not only would Hayes not be in the Top 10 he would be behind his teammate Angelle in the local player rankings!!!!!!! 

I'm not going to hide from this thread, i was the one who posted about this.  I'll give Benard his props, he totally outplayed Hayes tonight and he definitely was the better player tonight.  The team didnt play well, made dumb turnovers and was terrible on the boards, credit HJ though being the cause of both of those things.  My friend at the game took stats and Bernard went 8-21 from the field which is 38% from the floor.  I've seen other games where he shot even more than that and scored in the 20's.  Hayes only took around 10 shots, which is not near enough for him, he should be shooting more.  Hayes has probably averages 5-7 less pts a game compared to Benard but with far less shots.  I've never seen Hayes take as many shots in any game this year than i've seen Benard take in any of his games.  Aside from points, Hayes has a lot more rebounds than Benard and his team depends on him a lot to rebound more.  I still think Hayes is in the conversation with SR and JB.   I would guess most people that have seen Hayes, have seen him play maybe 2-3 times this year, which isnt many times to get a fair barometer on his game.   

I'm not going to hide from this thread, i was the one who posted about this.  I'll give Benard his props, he totally outplayed Hayes tonight and he definitely was the better player tonight.  The team didnt play well, made dumb turnovers and was terrible on the boards, credit HJ though being the cause of both of those things.  My friend at the game took stats and Bernard went 8-21 from the field which is 38% from the floor.  I've seen other games where he shot even more than that and scored in the 20's.  Hayes only took around 10 shots, which is not near enough for him, he should be shooting more.  Hayes has probably averages 5-7 less pts a game compared to Benard but with far less shots.  I've never seen Hayes take as many shots in any game this year than i've seen Benard take in any of his games.  Aside from points, Hayes has a lot more rebounds than Benard and his team depends on him a lot to rebound more.  I still think Hayes is in the conversation with SR and JB.   I would guess most people that have seen Hayes, have seen him play maybe 2-3 times this year, which isnt many times to get a fair barometer on his game.   

jarvis may shoot more than hayes but if hayes was on his level then he would understand that his team needs him to score and take the shots..i would say their rebounding totals werent that far apart i saw many occasions when jarvis went and got the rebound over hayes but even if hayes were to get more rebounds the only reason is that he is alot taller than jarvis..ive seen hayes play about 6 or 7 times this year and i dont believe he is on JB and SR level

This is not a discussion of what percentage a player shoots, how many boards, etc.  This is about that fact that you said that Hayes should be in the conversation with Benard and Robinson.  NO CHANCE!!!!!!  I admit that JB does shoot alot but that is his game and HJ's game.  If it is open take it.  Also I have seen the stat sheet from the game and Benard and it says:

Benard 25 and a team win.

Hayes 5 and a team loss. 8) 8) 8)

In Hayes' defense, he is the main man for OF.  Whereas, several can step up and produce for HJ on a given night, OF relies on Hayes night in and night out to have a chance.  He is MUCH more important to his team's success.  That doesn't mean he is a better player, it just means that they are more dependent on him.  It's much easier to stop one player than a team of players.  

In Hayes' defense, he is the main man for OF.  Whereas, several can step up and produce for HJ on a given night, OF relies on Hayes night in and night out to have a chance.  He is MUCH more important to his team's success.  That doesn't mean he is a better player, it just means that they are more dependent on him.  It's much easier to stop one player than a team of players.  

Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!!!!

Benard is far more important to his team than Hayes!!!!  Hayes and Angelle have a decent supporting cast.  Benard, Turner and Burrell have a good supporting cast as well.  I could understand if Hayes was the only good player on the team.......HE IS NOT!!!!!!

That was kinda where I was going with what I was saying..

Benard is far more important to his team than Hayes!!!!  Hayes and Angelle have a decent supporting cast.  Benard, Turner and Burrell have a good supporting cast as well.  I could understand if Hayes was the only good player on the team.......HE IS NOT!!!!!!

I agree with you that Hayes has a good supporting cast, but his team definitely depends on him more than HJ does with Bernard.  Hayes does a lot of things for his team that doesnt show up on stats, like breaking the press and also setting up his players.  If you want further evidence of why OF depends on Hayes more, look at the OF-HJ game at the EC tournament.  That game was like a 6-8 point game with 6 min left in the 2nd quarter when Hayes picked up a foul and was taken out for the rest of the quarter.  HJ went on a run the rest of the quarter in which OF scored like 3-4 pts the rest of the half and it was a 20 pt game at half and the game was pretty much over at that point.  I'll tell you this, if it were possible and i had the option to trade players, i would not trade Hayes for Bernard straight up, and i dont think me or anyone in Orangefield would do that trade.  Do you think OF would be better off if they had Bernard on their team instead of Hayes, i certainly dont...

I agree with you that Hayes has a good supporting cast, but his team definitely depends on him more than HJ does with Bernard.  Hayes does a lot of things for his team that doesnt show up on stats, like breaking the press and also setting up his players.   If you want further evidence of why OF depends on Hayes more, look at the OF-HJ game at the EC tournament.  That game was like a 6-8 point game with 6 min left in the 2nd quarter when Hayes picked up a foul and was taken out for the rest of the quarter.  HJ went on a run the rest of the quarter in which OF scored like 3-4 pts the rest of the half and it was a 20 pt game at half and the game was pretty much over at that point.  I'll tell you this, if it were possible and i had the option to trade players, i would not trade Hayes for Bernard straight up, and i dont think me or anyone in Orangefield would do that trade.  Do you think OF would be better off if they had Bernard on their team instead of Hayes, i certainly dont...

You must have stopped at the liquor store on the way back to OF!!!!!  I would take Benard over Hayes any day!!!!  You are only saying this because Hayes is on your team!!!!  I would take Angelle before I took Hayes from OF.  I would love to have Angelle as the HJ starting PG!!!!!

Coop.........It is a good thing you don't defend them because there is not much defending here.  We are talking about two kids in completely different leagues here.  This has little to do with last nights game however.  Jarvis Benard was a starter on a state championship team............The star of a regional finals team................the star of what is another pretty darn good HJ team this year.  Jarvis is quicker, more athletic, shoots the ball better, and is just plain more basketball savvy than the Hayes kid.  The hayes kid is a nice player and possesses each of those qualities that i mentioned for Jarvis but just not in the same way Jarvis does.  I agree with what setxslam said in another post.  I would take burrell and turner over him. But that may just be the HJ in me ;D

I will never defend a ranking. Hayes is a player. Hayes needs to step up and takeover games like he is capable of doing. He's not very vocal but you don't have to be. He'll be fine but needs to get a killer instinct.

No reason to defend it Coop.........you do more than anyone I know for basketball in this area and it is appreciated.  However you do make mistakes every now and then!!!! :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83