HJ/OF/HJ WINS

hawkdad

Thanks Cat22.  I have the best job in the world.  Great kids, great parents and great support from our administration!  Not to mention, I am so blessed to have what I think is the best assistant coaches in the state!!!  Coach Davis and Coach Fogo do a tremendous job.  Hats off to Mike for doing a great job with our post players.  He works with them EVERY day and you can see the difference he is making.  Coach Davis is in charge of our offense and is doing a great job as well.  I\I'm surprised you recognized me in the picture....I'm a FEW pounds heavier!!!!!  How'd you like the converse tennies????

Guest bleed orange

I do think I covered, and I'm not as delusional as once thought, watch the third quarter on film I think that is where they missed the point. any way if not I will honor our bet bleed.

I thought is was heads up. Check you PM. Anyway we accomplished our goal and got the girls side going a little bit. Get ready for round TWO!!!!!!!! ;D

Thanks Cat22.  I have the best job in the world.  Great kids, great parents and great support from our administration!  Not to mention, I am so blessed to have what I think is the best assistant coaches in the state!!!  Coach Davis and Coach Fogo do a tremendous job.  Hats off to Mike for doing a great job with our post players.  He works with them EVERY day and you can see the difference he is making.  Coach Davis is in charge of our offense and is doing a great job as well.  I\I'm surprised you recognized me in the picture....I'm a FEW pounds heavier!!!!!  How'd you like the converse tennies????

No doubt coach, you do have two of the best assistant coaches around and watching your JV is proof of that.  Future is bright in HJ.  This rivarly looks to be very good for years to come.  Best of luck to you, your coaches, and players.

The converse were SWEET!!!

I do think I covered, and I'm not as delusional as once thought, watch the third quarter on film I think that is where they missed the point. any way if not I will honor our bet bleed.

I thought is was heads up. Check you PM. Anyway we accomplished our goal and got the girls side going a little bit. Get ready for round TWO!!!!!!!! ;D

No doubt about it.

Thanks for the kind words about Jamie. I am extremely proud of her and her character. Her opions about Orangefield and the competition is the same way I feel. Even when we've lost  after a little while I appreciate the rivalry. This is the Duke vs North Carolina of the area. We each work very hard to beat the other starting when the kids are 7/8 years old in little dribblers. These are the ones you always remember.

Guest bleed orange

Thanks for the kind words about Jamie. I am extremely proud of her and her character. Her opions about Orangefield and the competition is the same way I feel. Even when we've lost  after a little while I appreciate the rivalry. This is the Duke vs North Carolina of the area. We each work very hard to beat the other starting when the kids are 7/8 years old in little dribblers. These are the ones you always remember.

I loved it when they were 9/10 years old and down. They did not talk back and were eager to learn. ;D I have film on all those games. All my vacations was little dribblers and I loved it. That is what it is all about "Memories". It is not over with, then come the grandkids. I hope that is for a while.

First let me say how proud I am of Jamie's post.  Jamie is one of our true leaders and a great competitor.  I am more proud of her character than anything.  As coaches, we try to instill good sportsmanship and winning OR loosing with class.  It is a breath of fresh air to see this from this young lady.  I agree 100% with her post.  The HJ/ Orangefield rivalry has always been so exciting and is so good for girls' basketball.  The OF girls and their program are 1st class and I so ADMIRE and envy their fan support!!!  It is a tough place to play because of that support. 

We'll see you on Feb. 6th.  I'm sure it will be another great game.

And Gabe....thank you so much for the kind words after the game.  You didn't have to walk over there and do that and I appreciate it.  You do a great job....wish we could get that coverage from the Bmt. Enterprise!!!!

back in 1988, when I was a young Bobcat :), the HJ/OF rivalry was huge as is today.  I can still remember the names of the players for HJ.. Edwards, Brown,Bosha and Jones(both of them).  What a great team.  I had the pleasure of playing college ball with Ramona Jones.  One of the best point guards from this area.  The second round of district we had to travel to HJ.  We played our hearts out and gave them the best we had.  We still lost by about 11-15 points but it was a great game. 

I've had so much fun watching the Lady Bobcats this year and I can't wait for the HJ/OF match up again next month.  this is great stuff :)

It was good to see you again Coach :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami