TOP TEN PLAYERS IN 25-1A

Guest ghostt

Since I gave my opinion about Cope, here's mine on Bradshaw.  Like Cope (not just like him, you know what I mean), like Cope, he is a good player, but the couple times I saw him, he had a goose-egg in the assist column.  He shoots ALOT, so he will score, but he does not pass it under the bucket.  Watch yalls next game close and call me out if I'm wrong.

Again, JMO.

All in all, Tyler C is probably this districts best player.   But a good coach can slow him way down.

Wat?? bradshaw is averagin 2.2 assists a game... copeland is averagin 2.3 a game

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Copeland play alot over the years and he plays against defenses designed to stop him every week and consistantly beats the defense.He doesn't have alot of help so the Oilers go as he goes.This district isn't real deep this year in quality players and Copeland is hands down the best 25-A has to offer.In time the Whittacre kid will be a game changer and Elliott from HD can do it now when the shots are falling behind the arc.I haven't seen any McKinney,Phillip Whittacre or JT Sheffield type players this year other than Copeland.JMO

Since I gave my opinion about Cope, here's mine on Bradshaw.  Like Cope (not just like him, you know what I mean), like Cope, he is a good player, but the couple times I saw him, he had a goose-egg in the assist column.  He shoots ALOT, so he will score, but he does not pass it under the bucket.  Watch yalls next game close and call me out if I'm wrong.

Again, JMO.

All in all, Tyler C is probably this districts best player.   But a good coach can slow him way down.

Wat?? bradshaw is averagin 2.2 assists a game... copeland is averagin 2.3 a game

Again, keeping it friendly, Keep up with Brads next game assists and how many times he does not hit the open man under the bucket.  Just what I noticed the two games I saw.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he's changed into more of a team player, maybe no one cares.  JMO

Good defenses for Copeland is a 2-3 or a tight 1-3-1.

the thing about copeland is that if you hold him to around 20 points you have stoped him that being said any other player in this district would be very happy to have scored 20 points in a game no one else in the district can score 20 a game when ever the other teams whole gameplan is to stop that one player

Guest THE SCOUTER

hE WILL SHOOT YOU OUT OF 2-3 or a 1-3-1.Some folks are successful with a box and one or a triangle and 2.If he had much help everyone else would be playing for second.The kid has good range and can take it to the hole and shoots free throws well.

I can see him shooting out of a 2-3. But a discipline 1-3-1 i dont see it happening. And the defense should shift his way the only problem with 1-3-1 is positioning. If you get out of position then its over. But a tight 1-3-1 should be the best defense. A triangle and and two would work only if the three in the triangle are studs and i dont see that happening in this district. A box and one should work but if he beats or gets passed the one watching him than its his ball game.

The folks in the triangle wont have to be real good because WH doesn't have any scoring threats other than Copeland.There are lots of ways to get perimeter shots,especially from the baseline against a 1-3-1.Copeland's strength is the long ball.A good shooter will get folks out of a zone pretty quick.

hE WILL SHOOT YOU OUT OF 2-3 or a 1-3-1.Some folks are successful with a box and one or a triangle and 2.If he had much help everyone else would be playing for second.The kid has good range and can take it to the hole and shoots free throws well.

I can see him shooting out of a 2-3. But a discipline 1-3-1 i dont see it happening. And the defense should shift his way the only problem with 1-3-1 is positioning. If you get out of position then its over. But a tight 1-3-1 should be the best defense. A triangle and and two would work only if the three in the triangle are studs and i dont see that happening in this district. A box and one should work but if he beats or gets passed the one watching him than its his ball game.

The folks in the triangle wont have to be real good because WH doesn't have any scoring threats other than Copeland.There are lots of ways to get perimeter shots,especially from the baseline against a 1-3-1.Copeland's strength is the long ball.A good shooter will get folks out of a zone pretty quick.

I AGREE WITH BOTH SOMEWHAT

GOOD POSTS

I have seen Copeland play alot over the years and he plays against defenses designed to stop him every week and consistantly beats the defense.He doesn't have alot of help so the Oilers go as he goes.This district isn't real deep this year in quality players and Copeland is hands down the best 25-A has to offer.In time the Whittacre kid will be a game changer and Elliott from HD can do it now when the shots are falling behind the arc.I haven't seen any McKinney,Phillip Whittacre or JT Sheffield type players this year other than Copeland.JMO

I dont know what you mean about the district being not as deep in good players because the youngest whittaker is averaging more blocks and pts than his brother. The kid from SP droped 32pts copeland is copeland and Blankenship had 28 against SP. Everyone has been playing better for evadale. The Talent is there trust me. Elliot can shoot but he doesnt seemed to be the game changer that you say he is but he can shoot. I think there are 2-3 player better than elliot.

I would like to see who you would start on a team out of all the player in the district be position.

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

Good defenses for Copeland is a 2-3 or a tight 1-3-1.

the thing about copeland is that if you hold him to around 20 points you have stoped him that being said any other player in this district would be very happy to have scored 20 points in a game no one else in the district can score 20 a game when ever the other teams whole gameplan is to stop that one player

Good point  ;D

Tyler is the best player in the District hands down every night the other team has a defence to stop him and he still puts up good numbers he is a game changer and right now the rest of the players in this district are solid role players

I dont know what you mean about the district being not as deep in good players because the youngest whittaker is averaging more blocks and pts than his brother. The kid from SP droped 32pts copeland is copeland and Blankenship had 28 against SP. Everyone has been playing better for evadale. The Talent is there trust me. Elliot can shoot but he doesnt seemed to be the game changer that you say he is but he can shoot. I think there are 2-3 player better than elliot.

I would like to see who you would start on a team out of all the player in the district be position.

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

PG-FELIX JONES (SP)

SG-DANIEL BLANKENSHIP (SPURGER)

SF-SAM ELLIOTT (HD)

PF-TYLER COPELAND (WH)

C-GEORGE WHITTAKER (SPURGER)

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

PG-FELIX JONES (SP)

SF-SAM ELLIOTT (HD)

PF-TYLER COPELAND (WH)

Completely disagree w/ the PG position, Chase McGallion by far has better handles and sees the whole floor better than "ANY" guard in the district. He may only give 10pts. a game, but he will give u double digit-plus in assist per game, w/ little to no TO's.

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

PG-FELIX JONES (SP)

SF-SAM ELLIOTT (HD)

PF-TYLER COPELAND (WH)

Completely disagree w/ the PG position, Chase McGallion by far has better handles and sees the whole floor better than "ANY" guard in the district. He may only give 10pts. a game, but he will give u double digit-plus in assist per game, w/ little to no TO's.

I like this list, but you can give an arguement for the PG spot between Chase or Felix. IF you want defence and some scoring you go with Felix if you want a point to run the offence and get the ball to the other 4 offensive players you go with chase. Other than that the other four are right one the money in my book.

Guest THE SCOUTER

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

PG-FELIX JONES (SP)

SF-SAM ELLIOTT (HD)

PF-TYLER COPELAND (WH)

I like this list, but you can give an arguement for the PG spot between Chase or Felix. IF you want defence and some scoring you go with Felix if you want a point to run the offence and get the ball to the other 4 offensive players you go with chase. Other than that the other four are right one the money in my book.

Well said and the one and only Chase is a great player. Bigtimeplayer your theory is just right. But both players are great. Ive seen the both play there first district game. And ghostt nice list.

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

I don't mean any disrespect to this years players but this district last year produced both Region 3 finalist and it's champion played in the state championship game.The young Whittacre kid is gonna be a good one no doubt but he isn't the player Phillip was yet.You cant really compare stats because Phillip was doing it against some very good competition.The 5 best players in this district last year were:

Copeland

McKinney

Tolar

Whittacre

Sheffield

That's why I say the district is a little weaker this year.I don't think this years group would be close to that.Everyone on that list was either all state or all region I believe.I haven't seen Sabine Pass so I can't rate their guards but from what I've seen my top picks this year would be:

Copeland-WH

Elliott-HD

Blankenship-Spurger

Whittacre-Spurger

McGallion-Spurger

PG ?

SG ?

SF ?

PF ?

C  ?

I don't mean any disrespect to this years players but this district last year produced both Region 3 finalist and it's champion played in the state championship game.The young Whittacre kid is gonna be a good one no doubt but he isn't the player Phillip was yet.You cant really compare stats because Phillip was doing it against some very good competition.The 5 best players in this district last year were:

Copeland

McKinney

Tolar

Whittacre

Sheffield

That's why I say the district is a little weaker this year.I don't think this years group would be close to that.Everyone on that list was either all state or all region I believe.I haven't seen Sabine Pass so I can't rate their guards but from what I've seen my top picks this year would be:

Copeland-WH

Elliott-HD

Blankenship-Spurger

Whittacre-Spurger

McGallion-Spurger

GOOD LIST AS WELL

I agree this districts talent has gotten much weaker compared to previous years

Hes a joke. Not near as good as what you just said and Felix Jones is ten times the  player that he is right now. McGallion gets frustrated and cant shoot or see the floor when you go man on him.

Have to disagree with you about McGallion being a joke.  Watched him play for years, and he may get frustrated sometimes....but I have seen that kid see the floor and work the ball wherever he wants with 2 guys all over him.  One man on him doesn't even phase him a bit.  Don't know who you've been watching, but I haven't seen anyone in our area in a long time see the floor as well as he does.  He understands the game and works it beautifully. 

Hes a joke. Not near as good as what you just said and Felix Jones is ten times the  player that he is right now. McGallion gets frustrated and cant shoot or see the floor when you go man on him.

Have to disagree with you about McGallion being a joke.  Watched him play for years, and he may get frustrated sometimes....but I have seen that kid see the floor and work the ball wherever he wants with 2 guys all over him.  One man on him doesn't even phase him a bit.  Don't know who you've been watching, but I haven't seen anyone in our area in a long time see the floor as well as he does.  He understands the game and works it beautifully. 

hahahahahah... whatever makes you feel good

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed