Travel Ball Pet Peeves

HillGuy

Ok, so a similar thread on the GBB forum and it looks like its picking up steam, so thought I'd steal the idea.  Its kinda slow for travel ball right, so thought it'd be fun to list our pet peeves...here are some of mine in no particular order:

TD's who won't post or tell you, or lie about who's signed up to play

Managers who double or even triple book

Club Volleyball

Base coaches who want to argure about rules they don't know

School Volleyball

Team jumpin', non-committing primadonna players

That game where you bounce a ball over a net while wearing tight shorts during softball exposure season

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so a similar thread on the GBB forum and it looks like its picking up steam, so thought I'd steal the idea.  Its kinda slow for travel ball right, so thought it'd be fun to list our pet peeves...here are some of mine in no particular order:

Club Volleyball

School Volleyball

That game where you bounce a ball over a net while wearing tight shorts during softball exposure season

10.gif

Club Volleyball

School Volleyball

Hillguy captured some good ones!

How about:

1. Traveling, and arriving at your 8AM game to find out that your opponent "no-showed"

2. 21 yr olds playing in the 16U division.  ;)

3. Frost on the outfield grass!

1. You travel 6 hours. Then an umpire you've never seen before calls a third strike with the bases loaded for the third out, so far outside the catcher practically has to dive for it. Then he walks to the other dugout with a big smile on his face to see how the coach's wife, Marge, is doing.

2. Parents who complain about playing time when their kids show up every third tournament because of those other sports.

3.High school coaches that are intimidated by or resentful of select ball.

Guest b-a-g fan

My pet Peeve is:

people who give 40-50% effort all the time and who look like they don't ever want to be there.

I second that ( 9) Also that Communist sport they call soccer  ??? ??? ???

Another pet peeve is those who hold a multi-year grudge, keeping young ladies from getting great exposer for the next level , just because of a teams name  ;) >:( ;D

Games scheduled before 9:00 AM

Games scheduled after 10:00 PM

The phrase "1:15 time limit, no new inning after 1:10".  After all these years, I still can't figure that one out.  It never fails to cause some headaches.

Back when my daughter played it, I hated pool games.  Now, not so much.  Drop-dead time limits are a beautiful thing.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami