who is the best gaurd in 21-3a

Guest wos84

"a valid point" that was NOT dismissed, rather handled according to uil rules and therefore, no longer an issue. If you need excuses perhaps look closer to home!!!

My response was to the age exception rule in relation to basketball competiton and not a particular player. So the points are valid. I could provide you with a list of players who are/were age exceptions. Some are rookies in the NBA and others are elite players on big-time programs. But it does no good to name people. But the issues are still there for discussion.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was not brought up as a topic for discussion, you may have jumped in as such, but, we both know that it keeps coming up otherwise! And if nineteen is two years older than all the other players, what happened to all the eighteen year olds? I know that I have one.

no your talking about someones personal life who is still pursuing a high school education and ammeter caraer, it should not be brought up regardless agree with the situation or not. If you want to talk about his game that is fine but keep everything else off this is a high school message board not ESPN or fanhouse message board. there has been alot of remarks that are inappropriate and make y'all look  very trashy

no your talking about someones personal life who is still pursuing a high school education and ammeter caraer, it should not be brought up regardless agree with the situation or not. If you want to talk about his game that is fine but keep everything else off this is a high school message board not ESPN or fanhouse message board. there has been alot of remarks that are inappropriate and make y'all look  very trashy

Age exceptions are rather common in middle & high school athletics. It's been around I know since I played ball in Houston, and I'm sure before then as well. The thing most people fail to realize or don't want to accept is that many of your better guards are age exceptions. Some by choice and many by other reasons. Age exceptions is a reality of high school basketball.

This message is intended to all tiger fans who have a problem with Benards age...All i wanna know is and be honest, did yall have this same Problem when yall had to playersnin 1997 thats was 19 playing ball the year yall went 30-0 and lost in the first round...Thadius Holden was 19 and the other Arline kid was 19...not lewis but his cousin, the left handed guard...And Chris Miller who bounced back and forth from Kountze to Silsbee..H-J didnt complain the just laced them up and competed...So therefore yall need to hush...All its telling me that yall are afraid yes afraid of Jarvis Bernard..see yall cry babies on the 30th

Guest ST4life

This message is intended to all tiger fans who have a problem with Benards age...All i wanna know is and be honest, did yall have this same Problem when yall had to playersnin 1997 thats was 19 playing ball the year yall went 30-0 and lost in the first round...Thadius Holden was 19 and the other Arline kid was 19...not lewis but his cousin, the left handed guard...And Chris Miller who bounced back and forth from Kountze to Silsbee..H-J didnt complain the just laced them up and competed...So therefore yall need to hush...All its telling me that yall are afraid yes afraid of Jarvis Bernard..see yall cry babies on the 30th

Afraid....... :D

We beat yall once we can do it agian.......... ;D

As HJ has beat Silsbee before!!!!!

Guest ST4life

As HJ has beat Silsbee before!!!!!

So its a draw............. ;D

I think the people who are commenting about that are from WOS and HF, not Silsbee.

I think the people who are commenting about that are from WOS and HF, not Silsbee.

Yep, I'M frm HF. And again I repeat, I am commenting on issues (age exceptions)that are discussed nationally and I am not talking about one individual who I know nothing about.

They were not 19

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...!    8)

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...!     8)

I think if you'll look up the all time head to head records between Silsbee and HJ, you'll find that Silsbee has the edge in wins against the Hawks.

First of all, I don't think its appropriate to name players on a local forum like this on such a personal issue. But granted, age does make a big difference. But most national associations allow "age exceptions" to play, even Little Dribblers. I can think of one who only allows the correct age to play, and I think it's Basketball Congress International (BCI).

It's common for age exceptions to play at most levels. But I've found out that the one's who do the most crying are the parents whose kid may not be that good in that particular sport.

I have said this once and will say it again................Your AD (that is Athletic Director for some) had a chance to vote on whether a player was allowed to play this season.  The entire district voted on it and the player was approved.  It is over and nothing that anyone can do about it now.  GET OVER IT!!!!!!  If you have a problem with it then you should address your AD who either voted for it or against it!!!!!  I as a Hawk fan and a fan of basketball am tired of everyone bringing up this issue repeatedly.  The player was approved and that is it!!!!  LET IT BE!!!!!

Here is the problem that I have........JANITOR joined the website on 1/17/09 and has made 4 posts.  All 4 posts have been in reference to a players age that he feels is too old.  If the district approved it then it is over.........what is the problem if the district approved it???  Give it a rest JANITOR as you have done nothing but try to start more controversy over something that every has already put behind them!!!

As a MODERATOR I am glad that you have joined the board just don't come on here complaining in your first post about a player's age.  It is obvious that you are a Silsbee fan as well!!!!!

LAZEEk

Calm down man it just facts!! You blood pressure is going to go up. It's alright. The only time that age issue came up was recently on this post , I have known about it for awhile but it did not come up until recently. Silsbee AD is all about football, he probably didn't even pay attention, or the birthday year was changed .  you know all about modern technology it actually works

NOT TRUE.  This has been brought up numerous times on this site!!!!!!  Actually your AD is a friend of mine and a great guy and is the reason that Silsbee athletic program is where it is today!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124