OF vs. Kelly Updates/Kelly Wins!

I know and the sky is blue... I've read and read and read...and read...and READ...and read somemore, and read even more about how good Silsbee is this year.   

This thread had nothing to do with them....GEEEZZEEEEEEE  :P

and my point Bobcat05 is that Orangefield should be past the point of being congratulated for losing a game by 9 points to Kelly.

I saw the Bobcats play HJ in the EC tourney, and quite frankly I was disappointed in Orangefield. I was expecting more from them.

The 'congrats' was to Kelly. 

And not every school can be as great as Silsbee    8)

I wasn't at the game so I don't know how 'disappointed' I would be, but I am also the same person who said it would help Orangefield to play a tougher schedule. You won't see me on here making excuses for ANY Orangefield team. 

We played pathetic, have not played well in 3 games.  I can't even imagine how Ozen lost to them.  We could not throw one in the ocean, and even worse on defense.  Hard to win games when you don't want it more than the other team!  We had better get out of the funk and figure out who wants to play basketball or it is going to be a long district schedule.

The 'congrats' was to Kelly. 

And not every school can be as great as Silsbee    8)

I wasn't at the game so I don't know how 'disappointed' I would be, but I am also the same person who said it would help Orangefield to play a tougher schedule. You won't see me on here making excuses for ANY Orangefield team. 

Then why start your post with the quote "only 9 points, Kelly is pretty good this year"? That tells me you are excited about them losing to Kelly therefore why I took your congrats towards Kelly for Orangefield.

There was a break between the only 9...blah blah and the congrats, like a subject changing space...

What does it REALLY matter to you if I told Kelly or Orangefield 'congrats'?

Aggie let me go modify so you aren't confused anymore  :D

Notice the spaces in my post, after each space something else is being said or asked. 

I know and the sky is blue... I've read and read and read...and read...and READ...and read somemore, and read even more about how good Silsbee is this year.   

and my point Bobcat05 is that Orangefield should be past the point of being congratulated for losing a game by 9 points to Kelly.

I saw the Bobcats play HJ in the EC tourney, and quite frankly I was disappointed in Orangefield. I was expecting more from them.

I can imagine you were disappointed if the only game you've seen OF play was the HJ game, because it was definitely a poor effort on their part.  Now if the only game you saw them play was the Liberty Hill game the night before, you would have a lot different opinion.  Liberty Hill was a really good team, if they wouldnt have given up the lead late to Kelly, theres no doubt they were good enough to win that tournament.  My point is, I wouldnt form an opinion of the team based on one game, especially that one.  I think OF will play HJ a little closer than that next time they play (at least i hope so).

I can imagine you were disappointed if the only game you've seen OF play was the HJ game, because it was definitely a poor effort on their part.  Now if the only game you saw them play was the Liberty Hill game the night before, you would have a lot different opinion.  Liberty Hill was a really good team, if they wouldnt have given up the lead late to Kelly, theres no doubt they were good enough to win that tournament.  My point is, I wouldnt form an opinion of the team based on one game, especially that one.  I think OF will play HJ a little closer than that next time they play (at least i hope so).

Actually, I saw them play the 4th quarter and overtime of that game. I also saw them play a couple of other games in the EC tourney, Tarkington and Brazos. Like I said, I was disappointed. They did play well against Liberty Hill, even though Hayes kind of hit a prayer to send it to overtime. The Bobcats played not so good against Tarkington.

Actually, I saw them play the 4th quarter and overtime of that game. I also saw them play a couple of other games in the EC tourney, Tarkington and Brazos. Like I said, I was disappointed. They did play well against Liberty Hill, even though Hayes kind of hit a prayer to send it to overtime. The Bobcats played not so good against Tarkington.

I agree with you, the shot by Hayes was kind of a prayer and OF didnt have a good tournament as a whole.  I didnt see the Brazos game but i did see the 2nd Tarkington game (yes they had to play Tarkington twice), which was probably been their worst game of the season.  Like i said in a previous post, i didnt like the way the bracket was set up, where you lose your 2nd round game in the winners bracket then you get to play for nothing(while teams that lose the first round games get to play for consolation).  I'm sure the players realized this and having to play a Tarkington team they already beat, they played that game with absolutely no intensity.  The only good game OF played played in the tournament was the LH game.  I wish they wouldve gotten to play LH again in that meaningless game on saturday instead Tarkington again.

if i may make a comment about this game and this bobcat team. until the bobcats learn to play hard for a complete game this team will not exceed what last years team achieved. this team has more talent than last years, but these players are more worried about how much playing time they get than playing hard the minutes they do play.  also, hayes is the leader of this team and he is doing a poor job of motivating his teammates. in fact he is showing just the opposite, when the going gets tough quit.

if i may make a comment about this game and this bobcat team. until the bobcats learn to play hard for a complete game this team will not exceed what last years team achieved. this team has more talent than last years, but these players are more worried about how much playing time they get than playing hard the minutes they do play.  also, hayes is the leader of this team and he is doing a poor job of motivating his teammates. in fact he is showing just the opposite, when the going gets tough quit.

:o  I got blasted for calling out our weak schedule, they're going to hang you for calling out actual players!  :o

:o  I got blasted for calling out our weak schedule, they're going to hang you for calling out actual players!  :o

If you go back and look at my live updates of that Orangefield-HJ game, I kind of mentioned the fact that Hayes was not much of a threat in that game. He seemed very frustrated and down.

oops, if you would have been at the game there was comments being made trying to get the team moving against kelly. i think the fans are frustrated because they see the talent this team has, but they are having a difficult time putting it together as a team. i know coach wrinkle must be feeling the same frustration.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami